PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Group Ride Video Tutorial------ SpyderQuest 2014 Edition

arntufun
08-27-2014, 04:52 PM
First off...... Sorry for the very very low budget video, but we couldn't beat the production price !!!!!. :opps:

It's bit long winded with Matchbox Cars, but I hope you get the idea....... It is very important to us that everyone has a great time and arrive safely while enjoying your Spyder Vacation at SpyderQuest 2014.. We ask all our guests for a little help on the group rides, ensuring arriving safely happens for everyone, without breaking laws (I hope :roflblack:). :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GpZ5z2p7Nyk

GrumpySteelMan
08-27-2014, 06:24 PM
Solid tactic. Worth the watch.

ThreeWheels
08-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Great technique.

Deanna777
08-27-2014, 07:39 PM
Excellent Idea, Deanna

spydaman60
08-27-2014, 07:42 PM
please pm friends that you know are attending spyderquest and going on the rides and ask them to read this thread. the more people that read this, the smoother all of our rides will be!! thanks in advance!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

ARtraveler
08-27-2014, 07:53 PM
Good idea. The video will help to put all that are attending group rides, on the same page. :thumbup:

rnet
08-27-2014, 08:26 PM
Yes this sure will help as I have the two biggest rides of the weekend and am looking for as much help a possible. Chad will be a big help and lead the covered bridge/monument/Mt. Equinox ride while me and the camera team jump ahead from time to time to keep things organized and photo the group.

Deanna777
08-27-2014, 08:30 PM
please pm friends that you know are attending spyderquest and going on the rides and ask them to read this thread. the more people that read this, the smoother all of our rides will be!! thanks in advance!!! :thumbup::thumbup: This is a very good idea, hope all rides go smooth. Deanna

Bob Denman
08-27-2014, 08:36 PM
:clap: :2thumbs:

SpyderAnn01
08-27-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm really happy to see Tony Stewart back on the track. I couldn't follow Dale Jr. for anything though. :roflblack:

NoLmtz
08-27-2014, 11:10 PM
Great instruction and brilliant! I can speak from experience that when there is no plan groups get lost!!!

Counting down the days til I head cross country to SpyderQuest!!!

PrairieSpyder
08-28-2014, 06:47 AM
Thanks for putting together a good plan.

I'm wondering who "Flashy Spyder" is. Maybe there will be a flashing yellow light on top of the helmet?:dontknow:

Spyder ri
08-28-2014, 07:49 AM
Does this procedure apply to all stop signs (left and right turns) even as a precaution for traffic buildup?

arntufun
08-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Does this procedure apply to all stop signs (left and right turns) even as a precaution for traffic buildup?

Yes !!!! :thumbup:

Spyder ri
08-28-2014, 09:03 AM
Great. Looking forward to it.

Pirate looks at --
08-28-2014, 09:27 AM
I guess you are planning to have a lot of gaps between Ryder's or a line long enough that the sweep won't be able to see where the leader has turned. This does happen sometimes on our ride. We practice a similar tactic called bread crumbs. We will never make a turn without leaving someone behind. So if we have gaps and the last person in the lead group can't see the person behind them they will stay at the turn and wait for the trailing group to find them and then lead the group, through the turn and on to the leading group. In these situations we will stop and wait for the trailing group, but only if and where it is safe to do so.

Two things we do different though, where the road allows we ryde in a staggered formation. The Road Captain is to the left side of the lane and the person behind them is to the right side of the lane. Third in line is to the left fourth to the right and so on. The second Ryder maintains a 1 second gap behind the lead Ryder and stays to the right of the lane. The third Ryder in line is 2 seconds behind the lead, and 1 second behind second Ryder. We try to maintain this stagger through out the line allowing sufficient following distance to make adjustments as needed. When the road narrows we will form a single file formation. Also at lights and stop signs or turns we bring the formation in as tight as possible with front wheels overlapping rear wheels of the Spyder in front and to the side. This allows a Long line of Ryder's to make it through most lights, and minimizes the time spent at stops. Works pretty well.

I hope you have a spectacular event and some awesome rydes. Ryde Safe. It looks like you will.

bscrive
08-28-2014, 09:40 AM
Good video Randy. We are also counting the days until SpyderQuest.

P.S. If you need me for anything on the rides, give me a shout. I am not on a Spyder but my Valkyrie is almost as big.

Brian

Spyder ri
08-28-2014, 12:14 PM
Let's hope for good weather.

arntufun
08-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Let's hope for good weather.

Ain't that the truth !!!!!!!
nojoke

Besides the rides, we have tried to keep our major events undercover just in case......:pray: I have a personal request out to the big fella asking him just what you posted !!!!!!!! :thumbup:

johnnyg
08-28-2014, 05:41 PM
Thanks good idea:bowdown:

Bfromla
08-28-2014, 06:12 PM
Famaliure ppl in group and riding habits hlp hope all enjoy, fit matchbox now has spyder like car94135

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rnet
08-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Famaliure ppl in group and riding habits hlp hope all enjoy, fit matchbox now has spyder like car94135

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkRandy will have to get one and add it to his production costs.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Deanna777
08-28-2014, 07:17 PM
Let's hope for good weather.Check Auccu Weather for the Lake George Area, and bring some cool weather clothes just in case. Also bring a camera fall foliage. Some of trees are starting to turn color, here in Vermont. Deanna777

bbodah
08-28-2014, 07:59 PM
Good job guys... 10-4 on following your instructions , very simple and great idea!

spydaman60
08-28-2014, 09:17 PM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dang, that's where the design for the f3 came about!!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

mindman
08-29-2014, 08:15 AM
Great Plan. Thoughtfully done! This will eliminate a lot of anxiety among riders towards the back of the pack, AND comply with the law. Thank you for posting this

ThreeWheels
09-02-2014, 11:28 AM
Is there a preferred CB channel for SpyderQuest ?

arntufun
09-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Is there a preferred CB channel for SpyderQuest ?

I don't have a CB but, others might. So your in charge of picking the channel !!!!! :thumbup:

ThreeWheels
09-02-2014, 12:14 PM
I don't have a CB but, others might. So your in charge of picking the channel !!!!! :thumbup:

I'm hoping to get my CB installed tonight.

Channel 22.

arntufun
09-09-2014, 04:11 AM
One last bump so everyone knows how we plan to run these rides. :thumbup: