PDA

View Full Version : BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN!

sealfloorboards
08-27-2014, 12:16 PM
Hi all,

I've been down and out for a while with knee problems. Last July, I had a left knee replacement done. It turns out that they put in the wrong type of knee and from the beginning it began to hyperextend backwards:yikes:. On the 11th. of this month I had the knee removed and the proper type put in. Happy to say things are much better. In just over two weeks I am walking without assistance and there is no way it will ever be able to bend backwards:clap:. It's still a painful operation but I am way ahead of this time last year and looking forward to a complete recovery. I got on my Spyder yesterday for a short ride and it felt great! Man, is it good to be back in the saddle again:thumbup::yes:.

Ride in comfort,
John
sealcreativeconceptss.com

Dragonrider
08-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Welcome back John! See you on the road..

Bob Denman
08-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Great news indeed!! :congrats:
You're on schedule for a complete recovery? :thumbup:
I'll bet that your Spyder missed you! :D

ChasCS
08-27-2014, 12:30 PM
Way to go... Hope it's only smooth sailing from here on.

Have fun, enjoy the ryde.

Chas

ARtraveler
08-27-2014, 01:45 PM
Glad to hear the update. Glad to hear that the healing is happening fast. :yes:

sealfloorboards
08-27-2014, 07:40 PM
Great news indeed!! :congrats:
You're on schedule for a complete recovery? :thumbup:
I'll bet that your Spyder missed you! :D

I think it did. After over a mont of just sitting, it jumped to life the second I hit the button. What a sweet sound. Now I'm back, ready to.......

Ride in comfort,
John
sealcreativeconcepts.com

spydaman60
08-27-2014, 07:51 PM
welcome back john!! glad the surgery went smooth. great news!!:yes::yes:

Ex-Rocket
08-27-2014, 07:51 PM
Hate to hear that they installed the wrong parts in your knee but glad that they finally got it right. I had a total knee done in March and mine has been trouble free so far. Glad your getting some wind on your knees.

PrairieSpyder
08-27-2014, 08:15 PM
I'm glad you got it done right this time. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
08-27-2014, 08:38 PM
John,
Do I remember correctly?
Aren't you planning to be...

...dancing in comfort pretty soon? :dontknow: :D

murphybrown
08-27-2014, 11:54 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Chupaca
08-28-2014, 12:55 AM
re- dos are painful but you seem to be doing rather well. Glad you got out on the roadster cause it just helps me a ton...even the short ones..congrats..!! :thumbup:

lil rabbit
08-28-2014, 02:22 AM
:congrats: John and I glad you got your knee fixed and I missed you at SITR this year. But there is always next year. I may be having my left knee replaced soon. I am currently wearing a knee brace and did physical therapy but I still have some pain and I will be making a decision soon on what to do. Anyway glad you are recovering quickly and back on your feet. God speed on your recovery my friend.

Bruce

GloryRyders
08-28-2014, 04:53 AM
:yes:................hope the recovery continues to be speedy! Did you get the "two for one" special from the surgeon and hospital?:dontknow:

sealfloorboards
08-28-2014, 09:10 PM
John,
Do I remember correctly?
Aren't you planning to be...

...dancing in comfort pretty soon? :dontknow: :D

Yes Bob, on Oct. 5th I am getting married to the lovely Via Page. She is insisting that I be able to dance "cheek to cheek" at the reception. All the more reason to work hard on my therapy.

Ride, walk, dance in comfort
John
sealcreativeconcepts.con

Bob Denman
08-29-2014, 06:46 AM
:clap: :2thumbs:

sealfloorboards
08-30-2014, 11:25 AM
:congrats: John and I glad you got your knee fixed and I missed you at SITR this year. But there is always next year. I may be having my left knee replaced soon. I am currently wearing a knee brace and did physical therapy but I still have some pain and I will be making a decision soon on what to do. Anyway glad you are recovering quickly and back on your feet. God speed on your recovery my friend.

Bruce

Hey buddy,

Yea, sorry I missed it but hopefully next year will be better. Good luck on your knee, its not a fun procedure but neither is the pain that your knee can throw at you.

Ride in comfort,
John
Sealcreativeconcepts.cm