PDA

View Full Version : 2012 RT-S Screen Turns Off - Restarts While Riding

Phyxius
08-27-2014, 08:48 AM
This started two years ago at the 2013 SpyderFest. I took it to Pittbull and they ran BUDS but couldn't find anything. Last week I had the spyder serviced (regular maintenance) and it's doing it again. While driving the screen will turn off and then go through the power up sequence and have me press the MODE button. If the radio is on it will continue playing but Ill have no controls until I'm able to press MODE again. Sometimes it flicks off and restarts before I even have a chance to hit mode.

http://youtu.be/rlhDGVYg1kg

Has anyone seen this before? Thoughts? Ideas? And please make them idiot proof. :)

Thanks for looking.

Bob Denman
08-27-2014, 09:04 AM
It's probably not s simple as a loose connection to the display; the fact that it shows the bike wanting to have you walk through the re-start process should be hinting that the connection is probably down by the computer?? :dontknow:
I'm in WAY over my head with this guess, so please let me know what it turns out to be... :opps:

Chupaca
08-27-2014, 11:07 AM
there is a loss of power like a loose connection but just long enough to have the cluster reset. If the motor doesn't stumble or nothing else shuts dowm then it has to be in and around the cluster. They should check the grounding for the cluster...:thumbup:

Phyxius
08-27-2014, 01:24 PM
Thanks guys. I was hoping this was something I could check/fix since my dealer is over an hour away in Baltimore. But it sounds like I'd be better off going up there and having them futz around with it. :)

Thanks for looking and I'll be sure to post a resolution.

ARtraveler
08-27-2014, 01:42 PM
Electrical glitches can be very difficult. As others said, a trip to the dealer is recommended unless you are an expert.

ahh-cool
08-27-2014, 02:23 PM
I just had a similar problem. my battery was almost dead and I had to jump start it.
check your battery or alternator or both.
Stefan