PDA

View Full Version : Checking the Oil Level

jthornton
08-27-2014, 06:29 AM
Do you have a hard time getting the hot oil cap to break loose to check the oil? Doc Riverside gave me the idea to make a wrench to fit the oil cap so it would be easy to get the cap off for everyone. I designed it so it would fit into the center storage compartment of the RT so it is always handy. The latest version fits all the Spyder models thanks to testing by Doc Riverside.

JT

dndfindley
08-27-2014, 07:20 AM
Do you have a hard time getting the hot oil cap to break loose to check the oil? Doc Riverside gave me the idea to make a wrench to fit the oil cap so it would be easy to get the cap off for everyone. I designed it so it would fit into the center storage compartment of the RT so it is always handy. The latest version fits all the Spyder models thanks to testing by Doc Riverside.

JT
If you're talking about the dipstick - it's plastic - so why tighten it so tight that a wrench is necessary to remove it? Mine is finger tight snug and no more. Easy to remove and it has never loosened on it's own. BTW they are easy to strip so be careful ($13 each). I know because the dealer stripped mine a while back but quickly replaced it free.

Bob Denman
08-27-2014, 07:41 AM
Having lost virtually all of the strength in my thumbs due to diabetic neuropathy; I can see some real value in that Beauty! :clap: :2thumbs:

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-27-2014, 08:28 AM

JT......., I cut a six inch length from an old broom handle, cut a notch in it and use that......of course you do need an old broom handle :yikes:..:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbla ck:.....Mikeguyver :thumbup:

Chupaca
08-27-2014, 10:20 AM
due to the different materials there are times it does get tight. Cool is no problem but hot the way you should check the oil it can be. Then who last checked it may have over tightened it. Great tool and I'm sure it will help many...also keep your finger clean...:roflblack:

coz
08-27-2014, 03:56 PM
every rt owner will buy one. good for you.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: now, start working on rs headlight covers. i really want a set.:thumbup: p.s. that's what SHE said.

jthornton
08-28-2014, 06:47 AM
......., I cut a six inch length from an old broom handle, cut a notch in it and use that......of course you do need an old broom handle :yikes:..:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbla ck:.....Mikeguyver :thumbup:

I knew an old guy that used a broom handle with a notch whittled in it to change channels on the TV. But like you said you have to have a broom handle... sometimes hard to find a real one now a days.

JT

jthornton
08-28-2014, 06:49 AM
every rt owner will buy one. good for you.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: now, start working on rs headlight covers. i really want a set.:thumbup: p.s. that's what SHE said.

Do the RS headlight covers take a special wrench?

JT

coz
08-28-2014, 06:51 AM
but if they do, i want one.:joke:

SNOOPY
08-28-2014, 06:52 AM
Maybe it's just me, but a nice CNC'd tool looks much nicer than a piece of broomstick...if you can find a broomstick that is...

jthornton
08-28-2014, 07:01 AM
but if they do, i want one.:joke:

Draw me a picture of what you want and I can make you one.

JT

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-28-2014, 07:06 AM
Maybe it's just me, but a nice CNC'd tool looks much nicer than a piece of broomstick...if you can find a broomstick that is...:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack::roflblack:.......:agree:......Yes Snoop, why use something that is probably FREE, when you can buy one for $ 100 and then have it triple " CHROMED " ........:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblac k::roflblack:........This has to be the Mantra here. .......Mikeguyver :thumbup:

Bob Denman
08-28-2014, 07:07 AM
No spare broomsticks here... :shocked:
The Missus is still using it to fly around the Town! :roflblack:
And JT's new piece of art will fit beautifully in the toolpouch! :2thumbs:

jthornton
08-28-2014, 07:38 AM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack:.......:agree:......Yes Snoop, why use something that is probably FREE, when you can buy one for $ 100 and then have it triple " CHROMED " ........:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblac k::roflblack:........This has to be the Mantra here. .......Mikeguyver :thumbup:

That's a good idea, I can use my new chrome powder coat that I got for the Dash Mount Bars on them!

JT

jthornton
08-28-2014, 07:39 AM
And JT's new piece of art will fit beautifully in the toolpouch! :2thumbs:

It also fits nicely in the little glove box... but you can't get a pair of gloves in there.

JT

KX5062
08-28-2014, 08:41 AM
I'm sure it will be every bit as nice as your previous works (which is very nice indeed). Keep it up was all need more farkles. ;)

wyliec
08-28-2014, 09:07 AM

Bob,

I cannot believe you said that; 20 lashes with a wet noodle.

cognaccruiser
08-28-2014, 09:29 AM
I'll be sure to carry around my broomstick with a notch in it when I'm on a road trip rather than a well made tool that will fit nicely into the Spyder.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-28-2014, 08:15 PM
That's a good idea, I can use my new chrome powder coat that I got for the Dash Mount Bars on them!

JT...., John, my comments were not meant as any aside to you or your products. I am a firm believer and supporter of new and innovative products and of the PEOPLE who create them......I believe that my comments about the " Aussie " with the new Aluminum, "ARM" testifies to that.......I'm a " D.I.Y.er " to the bone & :b2b: to boot :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:...... So keep the products coming Bro.....Mikeguyver :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-28-2014, 08:24 PM
I'll be sure to carry around my broomstick with a notch in it when I'm on a road trip rather than a well made tool that will fit nicely into the Spyder.:gaah: :lecturef_smilie:........In this world of ours , there are Idiots , there are just plain Stupid people and there are Cruiser's.....:yikes:..:roflblack::roflblack::rofl black::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::r oflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbla ck::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::ro flblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblac k::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::rof lblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack ::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::rofl black::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::r oflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbla ck::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:.............. ........................:firstplace:, Mikeguyver ..........................PS, Because this is a Family Friendly Site .......I'm not going to tell you the about what else ...YOU...can do with that broomstick..:clap::yes::roflblack::roflblack::rofl black::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::r oflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbla ck:

cyclelover63
08-28-2014, 08:40 PM
JT..Are you going to have some of those at SpyderPalooza?

SNOOPY
08-28-2014, 08:42 PM
If someone has a chrome plated broomstick handle piece that will work on the dipstick I will buy one right now for $100.

Just sayin'.....

SNOOPY
08-28-2014, 08:43 PM
Oh.....and I think this thread has gotten out of hand. :roflblack:

Raknid
08-28-2014, 10:28 PM
Looks like a well made tool. I know my wife would appreciate it as she is not as 'burly' as I am.

jthornton
08-29-2014, 05:30 AM
...., John, my comments were not meant as any aside to you or your products. I am a firm believer and supporter of new and innovative products and of the PEOPLE who create them......I believe that my comments about the " Aussie " with the new Aluminum, "ARM" testifies to that.......I'm a " D.I.Y.er " to the bone & :b2b: to boot :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:...... So keep the products coming Bro.....Mikeguyver :thumbup:

I know and was just following along in the fun. I'm a DIYer too but with a lot of machines to back me up. I made the first Briggs & Stratton outboard motor back in the 70's but that's another story.

JT

jthornton
08-29-2014, 05:32 AM
JT..Are you going to have some of those at SpyderPalooza?

I will have some of everything I make in the space that remains after packing my wife's stuff in the RT622.

See you there.

JT

jthornton
08-29-2014, 05:34 AM
If someone has a chrome plated broomstick handle piece that will work on the dipstick I will buy one right now for $100.

Just sayin'.....

For $100 I'd make you one nojoke

JT

SNOOPY
08-29-2014, 06:52 AM
roflmao

Bob Denman
08-29-2014, 07:41 AM
C'mon Boy... :D

Fetch the Stick!! :roflblack:

SNOOPY
08-29-2014, 11:55 AM