PDA

View Full Version : Front end shake

dallidion
08-25-2014, 09:58 PM
On my new RT, there is a vibration in the front end at certain speeds on relatively smooth roads - around 45 mph and around 65 mph. Getting the bike to the dealer is a pain, but I'm assuming this is a simple matter of tires that came out-of-balance (not to mention with only 10 lb of air pressure http://www.canamspyderforums.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif.pagespeed.ce.ldcIXAgoMI.gif).

Before I make the trip, can someone confirm that this is abnormal? The ride is much rougher than my previous cruiser bikes, and it would surprise me if this was normal.

SpyderAnn01
08-25-2014, 10:30 PM
The vibration around 65 is most likely the belt. But the vibration at 45 could very well be your tires. Have you adjusted the tire pressure to 20 psi in the front? Try that and be sure that they are within 1/2 pound of each other. How many wheel weights do you have on each tire? I had 14 on one and just a few on the other. Also, how many miles do you have on your Spyder?

NZSpyderRyder
08-25-2014, 11:07 PM
There has also been a bad batch of tires so this might be what is causing your vibration.

Chupaca
08-25-2014, 11:10 PM
:agree: if the pressure was uneven this can be the reason. But checking the balance would be a good idea. Start with the air pressure...:thumbup: And always try to remember the year model and mileage which helps a lot...:thumbup:

Rando
08-26-2014, 04:49 AM
I had the same issue. I replaced the front tires and that solved the problem.

mtdoragary
08-28-2014, 09:09 PM
They've ordered me new tires. I had them balanced today and could see how out-of-round they were!