PDA

View Full Version : Kansas Spyder Riders

teacherbob
10-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Just wondering how many Spyders are out there cruising in Kansas (Missouri also). I am in Spring Hill. I run PowerSports4Less and would like to invite anyone in my neighborhood to stop by and say Hi.

TeacherBob
Retired teacher-
General Manager
PowerSports4Less

teacherbob
10-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Deb,
I am about 15 miles or less from Shawnee.
Give me a call or stop by next tiem your in the area. My Spyder is usually sitting out front of my store.

Bob
Powersports4Less
Spring Hill Ks

Questions
04-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Hey Kathi here in Lousiburg Kansas........ Bob, LOVE the new Corbin Seat! Planning on a ride here real soon, this "winter" weather just won't let us ride like we'd like too.

Kathi
:2thumbs::2excited:

teacherbob
04-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Kathi,
Glad you like it. I'm anxious to see it on your Spyder. I have the Widow pegs on my bike now. Stop by and check them out sometime.:2thumbs:

Bob

DannyS
04-26-2009, 05:12 PM
:spyder:Hi my name is Danny and I’m in Wichita. We just got a dealer here but I picked up a used SM from a guy and his wife in Texas. It already has HDI lights a JM radio and running lights that are very cleverly mounted to the front fender struts, so they turn with the front wheels. The front fenders have been repainted flat black so it looks great. It also has an aftermarket wind shield that will go away it's too tall and to dark, and a Corbin seat. The BRP seat back and rack and 4" extensions. I just ordered a MBRP murdered out pipe. I will add a MP3 or SM radio I am not sure about a satnav system. I have ridden motorcycles for 41 years and traded a Harley Classic for the Spyder. I got tired of holding up 840 lbs. I have only been able to ride it up and down the street a couple of runs since we are having heavy rain but so far the only thing I will have to get used to is the touchy clutch. It comes on real fast. I hope I can meet some other KS spider riders this summer. With a dealer in Wichita now I think we will be seeing more soon. :f_spider:

jabba11
08-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Hi all new to the forum. Been a harley rider for about 12 years. Bought my spyder in place of new harley and Love it so far...350 miles since Saturday has to mean somethign LOL

Spydr in KS
08-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Hi al lnew to the forum. Been a harley rider for about 12 years. Bougth my spyder in place of new harley and Love it so far...350 miles since Saturday has to mean somethign LOL

welcome

Shawnee KS rider here.

Questions
08-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Hello all you Kansas Spyder Ryder's. John here, picked up a new 08 SM5 in April and I am just now getting around to finding all the forums on the net. I knew there had to be some more :spyder:in Kansas as every time I ride mine to work people tell me they keep seeing them. I think it would be great to go ride with you guys and gals sometime. I live in Belle Plaine, about 12 miles south of Wichita, but I am up to ride anywhere and share stories of these wonderful machines. Hope to see you all on the road sometime.

xpeschon
08-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Theres 7 of us here in Waynesville, Would love to ride with you one day,, For a population of under 5000 people, I'll be we are close to the record as far as population verses Spyders, what you all think?

Joe

Dwight
12-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi folks,

I have a RT-S ordered. I'm from Topeka, haven't seen many in this area. I've seen a red spyder several times on Hiway 24 west of Topeka and one other in town. Ordered mine from Reno's in KC MO. Just sold a 09 Tri-Glide and still have (for sale) an 07 Ultra Classic/CSC trike. Wanted some thing a little sporty but still able to tour with. Had our demo ride the weekend before Thanksgiving, we both loved it. Don't know when we will get it, probably after the first of the year. Anyway, hope to see you on the road sometime.

Dwight

teacherbob
12-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Dwight,
Let me know when you are going to pick up your RT. Maybe I can meet you at Renos and ride as far as Spring Hill with you. You can take a break at my shop and even have lunch at K&M bar-b-q here in Spring Hill.

Bob
PowerSports4Less

Spydr in KS
12-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Dwight, I could meet you and TeacherBob and ride with you back as far as Shawnee

Dave

Dwight
12-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the offer to ride a bit with me. I didn't see it in time, the RT-S came in Tuesday the 22, and I rode it home on the 23rd. Nobody expected it that early. It's a good thing I rode it home Wed. because we are snowed in now. Hopefully we can meet up sometime when we actually have riding weather. Once the streets are clear I'll be out working on the 600 mile check. It's tuff just looking at it setting in the garage!

Dwight

jabba11
12-28-2009, 08:25 PM
yeah I know what ya mean. i bought mine late in the summer and havent been able to get in ANY riding in the last two weeks or so. It is KILLING ME!!

teacherbob
12-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Dwight,
Congratultions on your new :spyder2: !
Let me know if you need any riding gear. Lots o folks are getting heated jackets,gloves etc. so they can ride as soon as the streets are clear and dry.

Bob (Teacherbob)
PowerSports4Less.com

frank3
12-29-2009, 11:12 AM
I have a Rt on order and expect to write a check for the balance today sometime. Won't take delivery till next week or when I have a clear path to my basement garage (the RTs warm home). Not aS tough as Dwight and some others, probably will trailer it home unless temp is in mid to upper 40s. My wife is from Kansas (S. of Highland) and most of her family still lives and farms there so I count myself 1/2 kansan. Looking forward to ridding with everyone. Two brother in laws out there, one with a goldwing and the other with a K series BMW. That's what really got me interested in the first place. Constantly seeing them take off on long trips. SEE YOU IN WARMER WEATHER.

Dwight
12-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Hey TeacherBob,

We already have Gerbring heated jacket liners but we may be interested in some new jackets and pants. We are using Tourmaster right now but they are showing their age. I looked at some of the Spyder rider suits and like the mid priced jacket and pants they have. Send me the address of your shop and maybe we can stop by sometime.

Thanks
Dwight

teacherbob
12-31-2009, 09:17 AM
Dwight,
We are at 123 S. Main in Spring hill Ks. 66083. Love to have you stop by. Since we are primarily an internet business, I don't keep a lot of inventory in the store. We can figure out what you need and ship it to you if we don't have it in thestore.

Thanks,
Bob

RabTlb
05-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Hi, Bob,

We brought our new Spyder home from Reno's on Saturday.

Thanks for all your input. We'll be out soon!

Bootie
05-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Just wondering how many Spyders are out there cruising in Kansas (Missouri also). I am in Spring Hill. I run PowerSports4Less and would like to invite anyone in my neighborhood to stop by and say Hi.

TeacherBob
Retired teacher-
General Manager
PowerSports4Less
I'll be in Platte City, MO from June 9-13 then I am heading to CA for a Corbin Seat Upgrade.:D I think I'll be going across Nebraska but you Kansas dudes could join me.:thumbup:

ddfried
07-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Hey Bob,

Got the Spyder this spring and have logged almost 7k. Trying to get my moneys worth :2thumbs:

Hopefully we can ride together soon. I will try to get to Springhill in August.

Doug 913.972.2931

napper39
08-09-2010, 02:16 PM
im still trying to get a new spyder but am waiting for my house refinance to clear then ill strike.im in ottawa kansas ,now i owen a triumph 2300 rocket,and that is mw 50th motorcycle,so the spyder will be my 51st,or if we dont count it as a motorcycle my frist three wheeler,blaster rod.hope to see you soon on a spyder.:spyder2:

teacherbob
08-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Hope to see you pulling up to the store on a new Spyder soon. :2thumbs:

kendaugherty
08-30-2010, 07:55 PM
I have had my Spyder RS since April 2009 and I love it not just because it has never fallen off the kick stand. I put 1500 miles on it attending the Chicago Can-Am event and after considering what would have made my trip more enjoyable I have decided I need a better seat. I am picky and I don't want to buy one unless it is a lot better than the stock seat. Does anyone have any suggestion's? I would consider anything from off the shelf to custom made (are their any good custom shops in the midwest). I prefer sitting on real leather. Thanks Ken

napper39
09-17-2010, 04:18 PM
just git my new 2010 blue bird home to day after much thought and so far i like it,traded my triumph rocket in on it and noe i dont have to pick that 800 pound machine up any moore.it has the new dps and all the updates so hope it goes good for a long time;):ohyea:

teacherbob
09-18-2010, 07:29 AM
:congrats: Good to have another Spyder Ryder in the area. Looking forward to seeing your new Blue Spyder.

teacherbob
09-18-2010, 07:31 AM
I have had my Spyder RS since April 2009 and I love it not just because it has never fallen off the kick stand. I put 1500 miles on it attending the Chicago Can-Am event and after considering what would have made my trip more enjoyable I have decided I need a better seat. I am picky and I don't want to buy one unless it is a lot better than the stock seat. Does anyone have any suggestion's? I would consider anything from off the shelf to custom made (are their any good custom shops in the midwest). I prefer sitting on real leather. Thanks Ken

Ken,
I can make you a great deal on a Corbin seat. We can even get the trim in the matching color of your bike if you like.
Give me a call-Bob 913-592-3493

grumpybob
09-18-2010, 10:26 AM

Ken,
Been to Council Grove many times. Will have to get hold of you. Maybe you can play a kind of joke on somebody that lives there for me.

Kansas Spyder
07-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Teacherbob, I,m going to have to take a road trip south to visit your shop some time. I've been to Spring Hill before so I know roughly where you are.

Spyder0824
06-27-2019, 08:00 AM
Just found this group today. I bought a 2011 RT a few months ago. My wife's best friend found a 2012 RT about 2 weeks later. Two weeks after that her husband found a 2013 RT. We all live in Hutchinson, Kansas. We try to ride together once a week and ride around Hutchinson and the countryside nearby. I know of at least 5 other Spyder riders in the Hutchinson area.

katman
10-02-2019, 06:10 PM
Kevin here in Overland Park! I just bought my wife an 2020 Ryker Rally. She's loving it! Now she just has to get her license so she can go out on her own. We belong to a Can-Am group in KCK.

Rustygas
01-10-2020, 03:19 PM
Kevin; I'd like to know more about the Can-Am group in KCK. I'm in Lawrence and learning more about my F3-T all the time. I'd enjoy picking the brains of some smart folks! Thanks, Steve

acdcking12
03-03-2020, 02:20 PM
I live in Overland park, Kansas and I am 47 years old. My 2016 F3-T is my first bike period and had to get divorced to get one as it was.

But I love mine and ride it as much as I can. Do not care about how cold it is. Thinking of riding with some other friends of mine and heading out to Alta Kansas for a nice 100 mile ride, and another 100 mile ride coming home. Gonna be fun.

Anyone in my area who wants to join is welcome to do so.

Bartender
04-25-2021, 10:16 AM
I live at Haven, Kansas, which is apx. 1/2 way between Hutchinson and Wichita. Interesting to find out that there are some Spyder riders in Hutchinson. My office is in Hutchinson so I am there every day. Have ridden two wheelers for 50+ years and this spring sold my all time favorite Kawasaki Concours and bought a 2019 RT SE6 from Cycle Zone in Topeka. Just got tired of dealing with the top heavy Concours but loved the power and speed. Anyway, I'm on three wheels now and getting to love it. Nice to never worry about parking in an angled space and worry less about gravel on the road.

Bartender

milryder
04-25-2021, 01:27 PM
I live between Spring Hill and Louisburg south of Overland Park. Love riding my RT anywhere around here. Maybe the owners in this area should meet up and introduce ourselves to trade info and link up for an occasional riding partner. Does Teacher Bob still have a shop in Springhill?

Isntthatdandy
07-02-2022, 11:52 AM
Hi everyone. Jim here. New to the forum (and Spyders). I’m awaiting one part from BRP to pick up my 2022 RT Limited from Marine World in Wichita. I am from Salina. I’ve only seen two here so far, a blue one and a white one, but I haven’t had the opportunity to speak with either of the owners yet. I’m very much looking forward to getting mine and hopefully meeting some other Spyder owners on the road. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I’m just little ways down the road from Hutchison and Manhattan/Fort Riley in Salina. I haven’t picked mine up from Marine World, but should be doing so sometime this month once they get the one missing part in. Would definitely be open to ride with others in the area. k