PDA

View Full Version : Knock that off!!!

ChasCS
08-25-2014, 07:00 PM
Gosh, doesn't that design look kind of familiar? A 250cc motor. ;-)

http://www.roketa.com/product/2610/0/47108.shtml93887

How do they get away with this?

Chas

ARtraveler
08-25-2014, 07:01 PM
That is the Chinese knock off :spyder2:. It has been around for a few years. Bad reviews and you really do get what you pay for.

zamfield
08-25-2014, 07:04 PM
Looks like a Spyder's been on a diet!! :roflblack:

Let me guess, its called a Snyder?!!

Chupaca
08-25-2014, 07:27 PM
There are so many differences. The tests and reviews were terrible. But it does look similar. Patents don't extend world wide...when we manufactured plastic products in south america I would make a lot and sell the mold..in no time someone would come out with the same product in blue and undersell flooding the market....:thumbup:

Bob Denman
08-25-2014, 08:48 PM
No ABS...
No VSS
No DPS
They call it a "Scooter"

SNOOPY
08-25-2014, 08:58 PM
No ABS...
No VSS
No DPS
They call it a "Scooter"

Without all those controls it actually sounds promising. :thumbup:

Lol

ARtraveler
08-26-2014, 12:45 AM
Without all those controls it actually sounds promising. :thumbup:

Lol

I had a feeling that you might be liking this. If you give one a try, let us know what you think.

SNOOPY
08-26-2014, 05:10 AM
Yeah, now I can take a high speed corner...yet the hub/wheel assembly would probably break off. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-26-2014, 07:07 AM
Make sure that your friends grab us a video of that! :thumbup:

SNOOPY
08-26-2014, 08:48 PM
I don't have friends. I'm a dog. :shocked:

sddinnh
08-26-2014, 09:05 PM

Even if you are a dog, we like you anyway Snoop :firstplace:

ChasCS
08-26-2014, 09:11 PM

Liar!! ;-) one of you has a friend.

Chas

SNOOPY
08-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Okay, I have one friend. roflmao

ChasCS
08-26-2014, 10:00 PM
I Thought you would see it my way... Hahaha

Keep smiling, it looks good on you.

Chas

Dan_Ashley
08-26-2014, 10:12 PM
It can't be registered in California.

ChasCS
08-27-2014, 10:59 AM
Being the birthplace of the Can Am Spyder, I would hate to see those on our Canadian streets.

Chas

Bob Denman
08-27-2014, 12:37 PM
How about if one was upside down... and on Fire? :shocked:

ChasCS
08-27-2014, 01:11 PM
No, please keep them off shore.

We don't need no stinkin doubles... ;-)

Chas

Pennyrick
08-27-2014, 01:42 PM
Gosh, doesn't that design look kind of familiar? A 250cc motor. ;-)

http://www.roketa.com/product/2610/0/47108.shtml93887

How do they get away with this?

Chas

The Chinese have been stealing Patents and designs for years!!

One of my sons is a Knife and Sword design artist (LOTR, Buffy, Indiana Jones and others) and has had to put up with his designs being ripped off for years. Lawsuits have no impact on Chinese thieves who do not recognize artistic or intellectual ownership.

SNOOPY
08-27-2014, 03:00 PM
No, please keep them off shore.

We don't need no stinkin doubles... ;-)

Chas

:agree:

SNOOPY
08-27-2014, 03:02 PM

One of my sons is a Knife and Sword design artist (LOTR, Buffy, Indiana Jones and others) and has had to put up with his designs being ripped off for years. Lawsuits have no impact on Chinese thieves who do not recognize artistic or intellectual ownership.

You should see how bad this has affected the artists of the jewelry world. :(

sddinnh
08-27-2014, 03:38 PM
I believe the old saying is "If nobody bought them, they wouldn't be on sale very long" :gaah:

SNOOPY
08-27-2014, 04:52 PM
I believe the old saying is "If nobody bought them, they wouldn't be on sale very long" :gaah:

Have you looked around to how many stupid people there are out there these days? :dontknow:

ChasCS
08-27-2014, 04:55 PM

About your son I mean, and knives. Not the out right theft of his intellectual or other personal and private property, by design. Sucks, to be thieves... Worse their victim.

I have been a hunting knife and axe collector for many years. Love to see some of his handy work. If you'd care to, please send me some info, pics or what have you, a website too... To RedHotPoker@shaw.ca
I happen to love them Gil Hibben http://www.hibbenknives.com movie replica blades, like the Rambo 3 large bowie, or the Terminator 2 boot dagger. My favorites blades are the Puma knives though. http://www.pumaknives.de/index_en.php Like my original White Hunter and of course the hand forged axes from the furnaces of http://www.gransforsbruk.com really do please me while I "chop a little wood for the fire, stir it around, when it dies down, oh yeah..." 'FZ'

I have been an avid bowhunter and archer since my early teens and soon learned the utmost important tool in the dark tall Forest was a good reliable sturdy sharp knife.

People often ask me, while visiting, "Why do you have so many knives?"
"I don't know, but don't touch them! I keep them all, razor strop, shaving sharp.
Plus I don't like to Flitz your fingerprints off the cold steel...or Either, polishing them with my expensive jewelers Rouge Cloth. Look but don't cut yourself. ;-)

Steel, is such a very cool element. How they smelt and pour it, then cut and pound the life into it.
I have plenty of respect for those who work their magic with the heavy metal.
No Iron Maiden pease?

Chas

Pennyrick
08-27-2014, 06:37 PM
About your son I mean, and knives. Not the out right theft of his intellectual or other personal and private property, by design. Sucks, to be thieves... Worse their victim.

I have been a hunting knife and axe collector for many years. Love to see some of his handy work. If you'd care to, please send me some info, pics or what have you, a website too... To RedHotPoker@shaw.ca
I happen to love them Gil Hibben http://www.hibbenknives.com movie replica blades, like the Rambo 3 large bowie, or the Terminator 2 boot dagger. My favorites blades are the Puma knives though. http://www.pumaknives.de/index_en.php Like my original White Hunter and of course the hand forged axes from the furnaces of http://www.gransforsbruk.com really do please me while I "chop a little wood for the fire, stir it around, when it dies down, oh yeah..." 'FZ'

I have been an avid bowhunter and archer since my early teens and soon learned the utmost important tool in the dark tall Forest was a good reliable sturdy sharp knife.

People often ask me, while visiting, "Why do you have so many knives?"
"I don't know, but don't touch them! I keep them all, razor strop, shaving sharp.
Plus I don't like to Flitz your fingerprints off the cold steel...or Either, polishing them with my expensive jewelers Rouge Cloth. Look but don't cut yourself. ;-)

Steel, is such a very cool element. How they smelt and pour it, then cut and pound the life into it.
I have plenty of respect for those who work their magic with the heavy metal.
No Iron Maiden pease?

Chas

Chas:

Since you are an enthusiast you may have heard of Kit Rae. His web site is www.kitrae.net. That will take you to his site that splits into his design studio and his Knife and Sword site. Kit worked with Hibben many year's ago and actually did some Hibben knives before he got well known enough to use his own name. Both the Rambo and Terminator are Kit's designs.

His site lists the numerous movies and television shows his stuff has been used in.

Kit's Swords of the Ancients series is well known world wide.

Kit is also a fellow Canadian since he was born when we lived in Burlington, Ontario.

Visit his site and enjoy his stuff.

Rick Rae

ChasCS
08-27-2014, 06:49 PM
Yes of course I have admired his fine blade designs and awesome knife builds for many years.
Eh I would have never thought, we would be sitting here discussing this topic? ;-)

That's very pleasing to me, thanks for sharing your connection and interest in this topic.

I could rattle on for many paragraphs here, but will have to save those thoughts for another thread or different forum even. There are several awesome knife forums that are quite active with many enthusiastic members and collectors.
I will be in touch with you. Thanks for the link. Mucho Gracias!!

Very interesting read, thanks again...
http://www.kitrae.net/fantasy/other_knives_2.html#GilHibben

Again, what a small world.

Chas

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
08-28-2014, 07:52 AM
until our government really takes a stand against china & it's cheap knock off's that flood this country then it will
keep happening. I had a center cap i made (ny designed & produced) & displayed at SEMA & about 6 or 8 months
later 2 different companies had them made in a much cheaper quality. This is what china does yet americans buy
them & don't care about anything but price.

SNOOPY
08-28-2014, 08:59 PM
If the gay or muslim groups made them I bet the US government would defend them against China....just sayin'.....