PDA

View Full Version : 2014 sway bar upgrade review

wis2013rtltd
08-25-2014, 05:24 PM
We have put just about 6,000 on our 14' RT-S with many of those miles two up. We put around 11,000 on our 13' RT-L last year under the same scenario. While I never got around to the bar on the 13' after I got the 14' I was unsure if the upgrade was necessary as the 14' seemed to handle a little better. Well the bar and links are on the 14' and here is my current opinion.

1. Riding Solo: Feels a little better in the corners regarding rider comfort. Bike tracks better without the excessive body roll. Most notable for myself is that it provides a little more stability on the highway when at speeds with traffic.

2. Riding two-up: This is where the upgrade really provides value in my opinion. It literally feels like a different machine, my wife noted on our first ride that she felt a huge difference in stability, and she never commented good or bad before. As the driver the bike is much improved in long sweeping corners, as well as tighter turns.

Not sure as to the exact reasoning, but one ride two up and I was convinced I made a solid investment, and as others have mentioned, the ride did not suffer otherwise.

Thank you for providing the most important thing when making a purchase, VALUE!!

Chupaca
08-25-2014, 06:02 PM
always good to add one more to the list of satified customers. Enjoy the new ryde..:2thumbs:

cyclekid58
09-15-2014, 10:33 AM
After getting my New 2014 Spyder RT I had the chance to ride a twisted road with lots of curves, it seemed I had to slow excessively with a lot of body lean. My wife did not like driving the twisties at all. Having heard good reports from numerous people I went ahead and ordered the Bajaron swaybar with links, it was a sound investment! It made a world of difference both riding singley and two up, and also wind buffeting on the freeway has been improved, I don't regret the purchase and highly recommend it.