PDA

View Full Version : Hey Finless

TexasSpyder
08-25-2014, 11:45 AM
I have a 2012 that I want to put Bluetooth on. I was told there are two 2012s new and older style. Do you know how to tell which one I might have, so I can get the correct cord?

J. D.

finless
08-25-2014, 11:59 AM
For Bluetooth it's the same cord for both radio versions. Your confusing this with the iPod cable.

The difference in radio versions has to do with the iPod intgration cable. Older radios had a black box in the integration cable. New radios do not have that box in the cable. The iPod cables are not interchangable between the radio versions. Now the kicker is I do not know how to tell which version radio you have if you don't have the iPod cable already. Only way I know how to find out is call BRP with your VIN. But if you already have the iPod cable then you have no worries!

Again BT cable is the same for all models.

Bob

TexasSpyder
08-25-2014, 06:07 PM
For Bluetooth it's the same cord for both radio versions. Your confusing this with the iPod cable.

The difference in radio versions has to do with the iPod intgration cable. Older radios had a black box in the integration cable. New radios do not have that box in the cable. The iPod cables are not interchangable between the radio versions. Now the kicker is I do not know how to tell which version radio you have if you don't have the iPod cable already. Only way I know how to find out is call BRP with your VIN. But if you already have the iPod cable then you have no worries!

Again BT cable is the same for all models.

Bob

Thanks for the clarification. Got everything ordered from Dave to go Bluetooth. Hope it isn't too difficult to install everything.

J.D.

billybovine
08-25-2014, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the clarification. Got everything ordered from Dave to go Bluetooth. Hope it isn't too difficult to install everything.

J.D.

You must be going to build your own cable if you are not buying the brp kit.