PDA

View Full Version : Questions about CB

sddinnh
08-25-2014, 08:26 AM
I'm thinking of switching from the Bluetooth dongle to the CB. Will, I loose my passenger comms, connection to the GPS, and Ipod connection thru the headset. This having to recharge all this crap (phone, helmets, etc) is starting to get to me. Plus I would like the CB for connection to my buddy that I ride with all the time.

Oldmanzues
08-25-2014, 09:12 AM
My dealer explained that I could have both, a couple days ago. He used words, I did not understand,and I said, will it work when you set it up. He said, it would. So not much help on my part
Oldmanzues

sddinnh
08-25-2014, 09:36 AM
My dealer explained that I could have both, a couple days ago. He used words, I did not understand,and I said, will it work when you set it up. He said, it would. So not much help on my part
Oldmanzues

That's nice to know (and thanks for telling me), but I want to dump the blue tooth and go to a wired system that I don't have to play with.

stevedfive
08-25-2014, 09:42 AM
I had a CB on my '10 RT and have one on my new '14 RT. I tried the BT in January and hated it. We installed the CB a few days later. For the last 6-7 months the CB comm system has worked wonderfully. But recently I am having problems and awaiting dealer to check it out. With that said, we still prefer the wired system over the BT system.

sddinnh
08-25-2014, 09:46 AM
I had a CB on my '10 RT and have one on my new '14 RT. I tried the BT in January and hated it. We installed the CB a few days later. For the last 6-7 months the CB comm system has worked wonderfully. But recently I am having problems and awaiting dealer to check it out. With that said, we still prefer the wired system over the BT system.

Do you still have access to the passenger coms, gps, and IPod connection besides being able to use the CB? Did you have to buy the Canam helmets to plug in?

stevedfive
08-25-2014, 09:52 AM
You have to have wired headsets. Either the BRP headsets or the J&M headsets will work.

ThreeWheels
08-25-2014, 09:57 AM
Do you still have access to the passenger coms, gps, and IPod connection besides being able to use the CB? Did you have to buy the Canam helmets to plug in?

Funny. I'm going the other way doing the Bluetooth thing now, replacing the wired setup.
So far I'm loving it.
I had a wired setup on my 2010 but was forced to go wireless due to the fact the CB is not available from BRP for 2014.
The wired CB doesn't have much range and I was never able to adjust the VOX sensitivity for the intercom to where I liked it. Either it was too sensitive and always cut out the tunes, or it was too insensitive and you had to speak in a loud voice to keep it on.
I just happen to have two used J&M wired headsets that I salvaged when I went Bluetooth.
Not to mention the wire on the Drivers helmet was starting to form a wear pattern on my glove box.
What kind of Bluetooth system are you getting rid of?

sddinnh
08-25-2014, 10:24 AM
Funny. I'm going the other way doing the Bluetooth thing now, replacing the wired setup.
So far I'm loving it.
I had a wired setup on my 2010 but was forced to go wireless due to the fact the CB is not available from BRP for 2014.
The wired CB doesn't have much range and I was never able to adjust the VOX sensitivity for the intercom to where I liked it. Either it was too sensitive and always cut out the tunes, or it was too insensitive and you had to speak in a loud voice to keep it on.
I just happen to have two used J&M wired headsets that I salvaged when I went Bluetooth.
Not to mention the wire on the Drivers helmet was starting to form a wear pattern on my glove box.
What kind of Bluetooth system are you getting rid of?

BRP Sena factory setup

ThreeWheels
08-25-2014, 10:33 AM
BRP Sena factory setup
Seeing as how I am going in the reverse direction from you, let me know if you might consider swapping my J&M headsets for your Sena headsets. Do you have the SM 10 dongle as well?

stevedfive
08-25-2014, 11:42 AM

IdahoMtnSpyder
08-25-2014, 02:25 PM
I'm thinking of switching from the Bluetooth dongle to the CB. Will, I loose my passenger comms, connection to the GPS, and Ipod connection thru the headset. This having to recharge all this crap (phone, helmets, etc) is starting to get to me. Plus I would like the CB for connection to my buddy that I ride with all the time.
The CB unit is the driver/passenger communication unit also. All audio and communication is available through the wired headsets. You can also add a connection to your phone with an optional adapter if your GPS device supports BT phone/GPS connection.

Besides J&M you can get headsets from Edsets.com. The Edsets have very good reviews and are less expensive than J&M I believe. That's what I have. See http://www.edsets.com/

I second stevedfive's use of a cover on the cord to avoid marring the glove box lid. I also turned the connector in the dash about 45° so the angle connector on the cord would not interfere with opening the glove box lid.

Now if someone would come up with a BT dongle that would plug into the headset harness and support 2 way BT communication I think we would have something great!