PDA

View Full Version : A wave question..!!

Chupaca
08-24-2014, 11:39 PM
Do the folks who drive on the wrong side of the road or left side of the road also wave when passing fellow ryders...?? Seeing as in that case it would be your throttle hand..do you release the throttle, wave with the left hand, nod your head or just pass with no jesture at all..?? Just wondering..any comment from our Brit members..??:dontknow:

NZSpyderRyder
08-25-2014, 12:01 AM
I will either raise my left hand or nod my head, I never let go of the throttle unless I have the cruise control switched on.
The most common gesture I have found from my fellow Kiwi bikers is a nod of the head.

midnight
08-25-2014, 12:29 AM
Same in Australia, left hand wave, nod of head or even right hand index finger wave, if their close enough to see it

Chupaca
08-25-2014, 02:05 AM
that low fingered signal you get here will not work there. Left hand high wave, head nod or right hand finger wiggle without releasing the throttle...Thanks guys...:bowdown: Now I know. :thumbup:

vided
08-25-2014, 05:34 AM
Same in Australia, left hand wave, nod of head or even right hand index finger wave, if their close enough to see it

i get a lot of the finger wave..........:p

Bob Denman
08-25-2014, 06:45 AM
Perhaps the manufacturers should install "L.E.D. wave features" on their bikes for uszge in these Countries... :D

Oldmanzues
08-25-2014, 09:07 AM
Interesting question. Now answered.
there are other interesting things. I was sent TDY to RAF upper Heyford England (USAF planes) as Security Police. As a NCO, I was ordered to take the Lorry(1 1/2 ton truck in this case) and post the guards. A guy would go with me to say where. Just remember to drive on the proper side of the road. First problem when I opened the left side door was no steering wheel. Around to the ridgt side and their was one, but the ignition switch and the manual floor gear shift were still in the middle of the truck. After the guy with finished laughing, he told me the shift patteren was the same, but use the wrong hand. Found later it was a standard "joke' for new people.

Chupaca
08-25-2014, 11:21 AM
Interesting question. Now answered.
there are other interesting things. I was sent TDY to RAF upper Heyford England (USAF planes) as Security Police. As a NCO, I was ordered to take the Lorry(1 1/2 ton truck in this case) and post the guards. A guy would go with me to say where. Just remember to drive on the proper side of the road. First problem when I opened the left side door was no steering wheel. Around to the ridgt side and their was one, but the ignition switch and the manual floor gear shift were still in the middle of the truck. After the guy with finished laughing, he told me the shift patteren was the same, but use the wrong hand. Found later it was a standard "joke' for new people.

What did they do with the foot peddals..gas on the right or left..clutch..brake..?? It's easier to adapt to a spyder...:roflblack::roflblack:

ARtraveler
08-25-2014, 02:28 PM
Interesting subject. Never thought of that. Way to go Chupaca. :yes:

JerryB
08-25-2014, 03:10 PM
Hi Gene,

Re: What did they do with the foot peddals..gas on the right or left..clutch..brake..??

I was stationed in England for 11 months, about 427 years ago, but never drove off of the base.

In '04 I was over for a couple of weeks; rented a car. Everything was in the same location; left foot = clutch; right foot = brake & gas pedal.

Now you know the whole story. ;)

Jerry Baumchen

Chupaca
08-25-2014, 03:14 PM
Hi Gene,

Re: What did they do with the foot peddals..gas on the right or left..clutch..brake..??

I was stationed in England for 11 months, about 427 years ago, but never drove off of the base.

In '04 I was over for a couple of weeks; rented a car. Everything was in the same location; left foot = clutch; right foot = brake & gas pedal.

Jerry Baumchen

Thank you kind sir. It has been one of those things I could have found out but enjoyed pondering on. Now I can cross it off my list...:bowdown:

happyspyder2039
08-25-2014, 03:44 PM
Hi Gene,

Jerry Baumchen
Wow!! 427 years ago. Were cars around then?

bmccaffrey
08-25-2014, 06:53 PM
H not thr middle oneTE=vided;863447]i get a lot of the finger wave..........:p[/QUOTE]

Hopefully not the middle one:roflblack::roflblack:

Deanna777
08-25-2014, 08:07 PM
Sometimes I wave when I am on the road on my spyder, I usually give the other motorcyclist a sideways peace sign, or a wave of my left hand. Deanna777