PDA

View Full Version : frunk problem

cuznjohn
08-24-2014, 05:41 PM
my frunk will not lock closed, has anyone ever had this problem and what did you do to fix it. thanks

cuznjohn
08-24-2014, 05:59 PM
it seems to be lined up correctly and the lock also seems to be working, but the lid will not latch, well there is always tomorrow i guess

Bob Denman
08-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Could the "waterproof seal" around the top, have slipped loose? :dontknow:

ARtraveler
08-24-2014, 06:45 PM
Issues with my frunk not locking and having to play with the ignition to get it to re-set so it would lock. No problem opening.

So far they have replaced the ignition lock. They broke the cable for the frunk so one is on order/in transit--since Wednesday 8/20. They made a temporary cable pull so I can open/shut the trunk manually. Still waiting for the cable so that it will work like it should.

So...guess there are some frunk lock issues. It is a warranty issue so should not cost you anything.

Mrs. SmallPasture
08-24-2014, 06:54 PM
my frunk will not lock closed, has anyone ever had this problem and what did you do to fix it. thanks

Haven't had a problem with it not locking but unlocking which I had to take in because of cable issue covered by warranty

stevedfive
08-24-2014, 09:04 PM
When that happened to me, it was caused be the cable sticking at the ignition. Tune the key a couple times and see if the cable resets.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-24-2014, 11:04 PM
:gaah:....Until you can get your dealer to fix it under warranty.....I learned this for my 2014 RT........When the key is in the switch ( not turned on ) just tap down on it firmly ...then close the frunk again.........I think it should lock.....at least mine does.........Mikeguyver :thumbup:

CentralCoastCA
08-25-2014, 09:47 AM
My ignition wa replaced under warranty last month because the key mechanism would not latch the frunk lid closed. I had to jiggle the key in the ignition (while in the off position) until I heard the latch click. Only after the "click" reset, would the latch lock the frunk. Replacement is the only fix.

cuznjohn
08-25-2014, 10:42 AM
playing with the key and moving it up and down got it to work, so i guess i need to have the key switch replaced

ARtraveler
08-25-2014, 01:38 PM
The upside of this thread. Look how far we have to go to find something "wrong" "bad" "you fill in the blank" with the 2014 RT. It is that good. :yes::yes:

MS JETSON
09-03-2014, 12:53 PM
I had this problem also, ignition switch was replaced. There is a recall on certain ignition switches

Jim&Teresa
09-03-2014, 01:16 PM

Check on the Spyder where the latch is with the frunk open. My 2012 RT Limited's latch mechanism bolt (the receiver lock mechanism on the bike body) was loose and pushed the latch lock mechanism down some so it would not latch (this occurred with less than 500 miles on it when I bought it new last year).

Anyways, if that's it, I just closed the latch lock (manually) to put in in the lock position (with the frunk still open), loosen the latch lock bolt some, then used a screwdriver in the latch lock area to pull it up some, then tightened the bolt/nut so it would stay put. BEFORE closing your frunk to check, unlock the mechanism again so it can accept the frunk's latch bar.

Adjust until it locks the way you want it to...always remember to have in "unlocked" when closing.

Good luck! :thumbup:

ThreeWheels
09-03-2014, 02:40 PM
When that happened to me, it was caused be the cable sticking at the ignition. Tune the key a couple times and see if the cable resets.
Yeah. Me too. I wonder if the design changed at all?