PDA

View Full Version : Magazines with Spyder info

Roy
08-23-2014, 01:28 PM
What magazines does the spyder enthusiast subscribe to in order to keep up with the latest model tests and rides ?

Chupaca
08-23-2014, 01:35 PM
pretty much wherever you find an article. Many are posted here or links given...:thumbup:

ARtraveler
08-23-2014, 01:37 PM
What magazines does the spyder enthusiast subscribe to in order to keep up with the latest model tests and rides ?

There are no specific magazines that feature :spyder2:

Most will put in an article when something new and different happens with the line. The 2013 ST got print, the 2014 ACE 1330 RT got some print, and for sure the F3 is going to get a lot. I believe Cycle World, and Motorcycle Consumer reports have already printed F3 information.

I used to get 4 different motorcycle mags but now am down to one only. Rider. For me, they publish articles about touring and the latest machines. Most emphasis on touring and cruising. I left Cycle World because I don't care about sport bikes and racing.

PrairieSpyder
08-23-2014, 01:51 PM
I read Spyderlovers!!! :thumbup:

Actually while browsing the magazine racks recently I wondered if there'd be a market for a Spyder-specific mag. But with so much media going electronic, I doubt it would make any money. But isn't there even a trike magazine?

ARtraveler
08-23-2014, 01:57 PM
I read Spyderlovers!!! :thumbup:

Actually while browsing the magazine racks recently I wondered if there'd be a market for a Spyder-specific mag. But with so much media going electronic, I doubt it would make any money. But isn't there even a trike magazine?

It appears that even BRP is not willing to give a Spyder mag a try. Similar to Drive magazine that is sent to Subaru owners quarterly or so.

Spyderlovers is by far the best source for Spyder information. :yes::yes:

Bob Denman
08-23-2014, 04:10 PM
:agree: www.spyderlovers.com (http://www.spyderlovers.com) :thumbup:

Motorcycledave
08-23-2014, 04:26 PM
I have been a subscriber of 4 motorcycle mags. for over 20 years and I have only seen 1 or 2
that even mention them.:dontknow: Rider had an article on them about a year ago and that is about it.
I have found that most motorcycle mags. don't consider the Spyder a motorcycle they,
like the state of California feel they are a 3 wheel open car. In California there is no motorcycle drivers lic. required for it.
Give them time some day they may start.
Dave

MEP
08-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Roadrunner magazine has published periodic reviews of Spyders over the years, but it's not a regular thing. It's only published bi-monthly and it's a little pricey, but there are always interesting and informative articles about road trips, and good gear reviews.

CapNCrunch
08-24-2014, 12:17 PM
There are no specific magazines that feature :spyder2:

Most will put in an article when something new and different happens with the line. The 2013 ST got print, the 2014 ACE 1330 RT got some print, and for sure the F3 is going to get a lot. I believe Cycle World, and Motorcycle Consumer reports have already printed F3 information.

I used to get 4 different motorcycle mags but now am down to one only. Rider. For me, they publish articles about touring and the latest machines. Most emphasis on touring and cruising. I left Cycle World because I don't care about sport bikes and racing.

I couldn't agree more.
CapNCrunch

dndfindley
08-24-2014, 01:13 PM
I have been a subscriber of 4 motorcycle mags. for over 20 years and I have only seen 1 or 2
that even mention them.:dontknow: Rider had an article on them about a year ago and that is about it.
I have found that most motorcycle mags. don't consider the Spyder a motorcycle they,
like the state of California feel they are a 3 wheel open car. In California there is no motorcycle drivers lic. required for it.
Give them time some day they may start.
Dave

Cycleworld always reviews and does articles on Spyders. Go to their website and do a search.

Deanna777
08-24-2014, 06:33 PM
It appears that even BRP is not willing to give a Spyder mag a try. Similar to Drive magazine that is sent to Subaru owners quarterly or so.

Spyderlovers is by far the best source for Spyder information. :yes::yes::agree: This site is the best Spyder source. :firstplace::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Deanna777:ohyea:

TicketBait
08-25-2014, 03:00 PM

not a paper magazine but should keep you occupied… "click:http://spydertv.net/en/

and this one by BRP didn't make it very far, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?45098-NEW-BRP-Online-Spyder-Magazine

but they are supporting SpyderTV, and of course everything you ever wanted to know about Spyders is here on SpyderLovers.com , just use the search function, and it will take several years to take it all in!:read::ohyea: