PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Deathmatch: J&M vs. Camos

Bersquack
10-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I think I'll go bluetooth for my comm/music system once I get my spyder. So far two units seem to be better than all the other ones: The camos and the J&M. I search the board a lot and people who have them really like them.

Has anyone tried both that could compare them? I'm leaning for the camos since you do not need to perform surgery on your helmet, can someone convince me otherwise?

Thanks to all for your help.

spydersam
10-01-2008, 03:16 PM
I actually had both show up at my house the same day. I had one on back order for a long time, ordered the other and they both showed up at the same time. I played with both and went with the J&M. I felt like it had a better sound. It was definitely much more work to put into the helmet, when I looked at both of them that was the only negative I could find with it. The Camos speakers seemed much cheaper and did not sound as good. They can be put into a helmet within seconds though as opposed to the J&M which took me an hour or so to do. All said and done the J&M install takes much more time (the Camos can be done in 10 minutes) but I feel it was worth it. I still have the Camos, only used to test it once, if you want it I will sell it.
Something you may want to look at on a side note are the Revo's to attain a stereo bluetooth connection, they are great

Bersquack
10-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the info. So the increased sound quality is worth the price difference? I saw camos for $200 and J&M for $300, so it has to be significantly better to justify the premium.

From the review of the camos on webBikeWorld there seems to be almost too much cabling with the camos and J&M have a pretty good reputation, but $100 is still $100. Especially since I need one for my helmet and one for the fiancee!!!