PDA

View Full Version : Surgery

OldDog
08-22-2014, 02:37 PM
Looking at shoulder surgery in October. I have a torn rotator cuff and labrum. I'm going to have to quit throwing that 110 mph curving fastball slider.;)

ARtraveler
08-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Wishing you the best and a quick recovery. Keep us posted. :yes::pray:

Bob Denman
08-22-2014, 02:47 PM
:shocked: Well; on the BRIGHT side :D you'll have the entire Winer to heal, and get ready for some serious Spyder shopping in the Spring!!!
Get to the dealers as soon as the 2015 brochures hit... you can read them while recuperating in the hospital!
Please keep us posted; as time draws near... :shocked:

Chupaca
08-22-2014, 02:55 PM
all the best wishes on a successful repair on your shoulder and you will be good to go soon. :pray:

wyliec
08-22-2014, 05:13 PM
Good luck with your surgery. To get you back to throwing those fast balls:

http://crossoversymmetry.com/functional-fitness/learn/hiit-system/hiit-system-info-ff/

oldguyinTX
08-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Had that same same done in March of 2012. I don't envy you. It realistically took me a full year to totally recover and have full range of motion. But, I have to say, that one year beat the heck out of the previous five years that I was in pain all day, every day. Started riding again in July 2013. It was worth the wait. I now can ride every day pain free, and in the long run, I am glad that I had it done. Good Luck pal, and look forward to riding again.

Mcubed45
08-22-2014, 07:36 PM
Just do all the exercises that the physical therapist gives you and you'll be back to normal quickly. If you get lazy, like me, PT can be a painful experience. BUT, you get everything back eventually.

OldDog
08-22-2014, 10:09 PM
Had that same same done in March of 2012. I don't envy you. It realistically took me a full year to totally recover and have full range of motion. But, I have to say, that one year beat the heck out of the previous five years that I was in pain all day, every day. Started riding again in July 2013. It was worth the wait. I now can ride every day pain free, and in the long run, I am glad that I had it done. Good Luck pal, and look forward to riding again.

I have a hard time holding up a coffee mug with my right arm.