PDA

View Full Version : Does 2" Longer Comfort Seat shorten passenger seating space?

Richard Budden
08-21-2014, 06:00 PM
I am considering purchasing a comfort seat ( 219400483 ) and a backrest for the comfort seat ( 219400488 ) and am concerned that the drivers seating area being pushed back 2" will shorten the passenger seating area. There is not much room for the passenger now and I did not want to make it worse. Has anyone purchased this seat to provide feedback on my question?

Richard, In Newfoundland, Canada

Duffer
08-22-2014, 01:15 AM
Short answer. Yes. Yes it does.

Chupaca
08-22-2014, 03:22 AM
did reply to your other thread. Just add..if you can find someone who has one try it out. Will depend on your model and back rest. RS has an adjustable backrest so no problems...good luck..!! :thumbup:

08-26-2014, 10:10 PM
I have an Ultimate seat on my RT and it moved me back 2" but the wife did lose space and she complains about it. I fixed the problem by buying her an RT just for her so now she has a stock seat with the stock backrest that she drives and it solved my problem, but it was an expensive fix and now I just added tri-ax handlebars for her......I hope she's done complaining at least for awhile:banghead:

Motorcycledave
08-26-2014, 11:52 PM
In a word.... YES... those inches come right off the pass. seat area

I am considering purchasing a comfort seat ( 219400483 ) and a backrest for the comfort seat ( 219400488 ) and am concerned that the drivers seating area being pushed back 2" will shorten the passenger seating area. There is not much room for the passenger now and I did not want to make it worse. Has anyone purchased this seat to provide feedback on my question?

Richard, In Newfoundland, Canada