PDA

View Full Version : Hello

gjco
09-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Is there anyone from colorado on here?

ocfire82
10-03-2008, 06:51 PM
I am from Lakewood. Anyone out here want to buy a Calsci shield 23"?
how much?:nopic:

Spyder Queen
06-24-2009, 10:35 AM
I live in Aurora, holler back!

redrider
06-24-2009, 04:00 PM
I am looking at spyders but do not know if I want one. Does it handle like a atv. what is the steering like at speeds of 50-70 mph. Do you have to muscle it in turns? What are the bad parts that I need to know? What options should it have. I do not like the siting forward, do I need risers and how high. I live in Aurora also, 6th and Buckley. What type of windshield is needed? What about the extended warranty or regular warranty? Cost of warranty?

konich
07-16-2009, 09:20 PM
I am looking at spyders but do not know if I want one. Does it handle like a atv. what is the steering like at speeds of 50-70 mph. Do you have to muscle it in turns? What are the bad parts that I need to know? What options should it have. I do not like the siting forward, do I need risers and how high. I live in Aurora also, 6th and Buckley. What type of windshield is needed? What about the extended warranty or regular warranty? Cost of warranty?

I've rented a spyder from these guys before I bought mine coloradosportbikerentals.com Worth giving it a try before you buy it :thumbup:

Big Arm
07-16-2009, 09:25 PM
welcome konich

konich
07-16-2009, 09:43 PM
^^Thanks, seeing more and more spyders out here in Colorado for sure.

porboy
07-22-2009, 08:46 PM
I live in Parker Co, give a yell sometime.:ohyea:

vt228
07-22-2009, 08:54 PM
I LIVE ON CAPE COD IN MASHPEE ANYONE SPYDER LOVERS IN MASACHUSETTS :doorag:

kbuckey
12-29-2010, 09:37 AM

My wife bought one in September. I'm a motorcycle rider and when I first rode the beast I wondered what the heck we had gotten ourselves in for. My first impression was that it was unstable - but that was only because, unlike a motorcycle, it tilts with the road and I kept expecting it to dart left or right, because a motorcycle tilting like that would want to. Soon learned to just take it easy on the bars and it would run straight and true. I've had it up to 80 and it's quite stable. Does sort of remind me of an ATV in cornering - although the limits are much higher and you've got lots more power. Also, it's got power steering and there really is not too much effort involved.

After my third or fourth ride I really began to enjoy it and my wife is getting much more comfortable with it. We have the RS-S so the total lack of levers on the bars took me some getting used to. Especially when I have to brake in a hurry! But that puppy will stop well if you just step on the brake.

Bad parts? It's not as fast or as easy to ride in the curvy stuff as a two wheeler. It's not as fuel effecient as a two wheeler. I also think it needs more lights - which will happen. Other than that we're tickled with it!:yes:

spydrn
12-29-2010, 08:37 PM
My wife bought one in September. I'm a motorcycle rider and when I first rode the beast I wondered what the heck we had gotten ourselves in for. My first impression was that it was unstable - but that was only because, unlike a motorcycle, it tilts with the road and I kept expecting it to dart left or right, because a motorcycle tilting like that would want to. Soon learned to just take it easy on the bars and it would run straight and true. I've had it up to 80 and it's quite stable. Does sort of remind me of an ATV in cornering - although the limits are much higher and you've got lots more power. Also, it's got power steering and there really is not too much effort involved.

After my third or fourth ride I really began to enjoy it and my wife is getting much more comfortable with it. We have the RS-S so the total lack of levers on the bars took me some getting used to. Especially when I have to brake in a hurry! But that puppy will stop well if you just step on the brake.

Bad parts? It's not as fast or as easy to ride in the curvy stuff as a two wheeler. It's not as fuel effecient as a two wheeler. I also think it needs more lights - which will happen. Other than that we're tickled with it!:yes:

I agree with you on everything!! I thought the Colorado riders disappeared..Weather has been extremely wired..Rode the other day...

Questions
01-05-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm in Parker, CO. Lets plan a spring ride up to Mt Evans.

spydrn
01-06-2011, 09:25 PM

Love 2..we will hook up once the weather warms up..Hopefully I wont deploy anytime soon

William S.
02-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Hello fellow colorado spyder drivers!!! How about we do a ride this summer? Maybe a grand tour of Colorado for a couple days? Give me a jingle 970-213-3182 my wife and I both have spyder's mine is a orb blue 2010 rts and wife has a pearl white 2010 RS so were ready to rock and roll:clap:

araknd
02-12-2011, 10:16 PM

I've rented a spyder from these guys before I bought mine coloradosportbikerentals.com Worth giving it a try before you buy it :thumbup:

I have a 1500 Kawasaki Nomad and was having some balance problems due to some medical issues. SO, I bought a Spyder and really like it! I got 4 inch risers on my handle bars, extensions on the mirrors and some highway pegs. No, you don't have to muscle it in the turns and it does steer similar to an atv and I'm told a snowmobile. I'm looking at getting a new seat, my husband did and says it's wonderful. The windshield is a mad stad, the taller one. It steers great. If you watch the video at the dealership it's really just like that.
Good luck, I think you'll love it!

araknd
02-12-2011, 10:18 PM
I have a 1500 Kawasaki Nomad and was having some balance problems due to some medical issues. SO, I bought a Spyder and really like it! I got 4 inch risers on my handle bars, extensions on the mirrors and some highway pegs. No, you don't have to muscle it in the turns and it does steer similar to an atv and I'm told a snowmobile. I'm looking at getting a new seat, my husband did and says it's wonderful. The windshield is a mad stad, the taller one. It steers great. If you watch the video at the dealership it's really just like that.
Good luck, I think you'll love it!

araknd

enrique550
05-20-2011, 03:20 PM
anybody know where I can rent a spyder for next weekend May 28th?

GnA
06-13-2011, 07:21 PM

Did you get one yet....

GnA
06-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Love 2..we will hook up once the weather warms up..Hopefully I wont deploy anytime soon

Are you riding???

GnA
06-13-2011, 08:43 PM

Anyone do the Mt. Evans ride yet???

We are ready!!!

spydrn
06-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Anyone do the Mt. Evans ride yet???

We are ready!!!

Love to..Have to wait until after the 18th..Real busy at work..

spydrn
06-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Are you riding???
Not much..Just working a hell of a lot..Should slack off after the 18th..We could plan on the 25th..

GnA
06-15-2011, 08:49 PM
We do a volunteer thing each year on the 25th and 26th.... Can't ryde.

July 4 is on a Monday... How about doing the Mt. Evans ryde, if you don't have other commitments??? I know a couple of others who are planning on it.

Andrea#2
07-08-2011, 09:31 PM
We do a volunteer thing each year on the 25th and 26th.... Can't ryde.

July 4 is on a Monday... How about doing the Mt. Evans ryde, if you don't have other commitments??? I know a couple of others who are planning on it.

Did you do Mt. Evans? If not, we're sure interested in joining in, or doing a ride somewhere else.

GnA
08-18-2011, 01:20 AM
Did you do Mt. Evans? If not, we're sure interested in joining in, or doing a ride somewhere else.

We are Ryding north on August 27th... email here to get more info coloradospyderryders@gmail.com Meeting at Jack and Grill - 92nd and Sheridan at 11:30.

Hope you can make it...

ARtraveler
08-18-2011, 11:19 AM
:oldpost:

GnA
08-24-2011, 01:42 AM
Anyone checking here???

Ryde - August 27... email coloradospyderryders@gmail.com for details!!!

bluredacd
09-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi! I'm in Greeley and am always up for a trip - waiting on parts right now so maybe not this weekend but keep me in the loop! Thanks!