PDA

View Full Version : Finally...

bruiser
08-20-2014, 02:22 PM
I've been waiting nearly three years for an appointment at a VA hospital. I was one of those caught up in the appointment cover up. About an hour ago I received a call from the VA. I have an appointment in October, almost exactly three years to the day. I was offered a voucher for outside care since they can't get me in within 30 days. I very nicely informed the guy that that's what I've been doing. I asked if I could get reimbursed for past care. They will be happy to discuss that on the day.

Looks like some things are beginning to look up.

ARtraveler
08-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Glad to hear they are getting the BS turned around. :yes:

Bob Denman
08-20-2014, 02:27 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_104.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_107v.gif

oldguyinTX
08-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Know where you are coming from, Bruiser. I have my own problems with the VA. Welcome home man, and good luck.

grumpybob
08-20-2014, 03:09 PM
Sorry to hear about VA problems there. Here in Syracuse NY it is good. We seem to get appointments quickly.

jcthorne
08-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Going to ask a question, please don't flame me.

Long before the VA cover up scandal I have had friends deal with VA medical care issues. I know how awful the bureaucracy can be.

Why would it not be better to do away with the whole government run, very inefficient and poorly provided health care system that is the VA and provide each veteran a prepaid health insurance plan from the *****care open market? Let the veteran choose which insurer or plan fits their needs best where they live and the needs they have. Obtain care from the private health care system the same as everyone else with the insurance paid as part of their benefits.

Vets would get better care and the whole thing would likely cost less than is being thrown at the broken system now. Government does NOT know how to run a hospital, leave it to professionals that do.

vided
08-20-2014, 03:52 PM
Glad your making progress with the va. Good luck

sddinnh
08-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Good on you brother - great news :thumbup:

spydaman60
08-20-2014, 04:13 PM
great news bruiser!!! lets hope it isn't just a bandaid!!! looking forward to meeting you at spyderquest. see you soon!!! :thumbup:

ChasCS
08-20-2014, 04:14 PM
Progress? Sure, eventually.
Glad to hear that you are actually finally getting someplace with them.

Good luck.

Chas