PDA

View Full Version : Assistance finding quality technicians in the austin area

shayolghul
08-18-2014, 04:11 PM
I purchased a 2012 can am spyder and have had nothing but issues with it ( mostly due to dealer negligence); BRP is replacing it with a 2014 and i do not want to go to the same dealer for the same treatment.

can someone please recommend a good quality dealer with great service?

*personal experience only please

thank you very much

gnz2250
08-18-2014, 07:11 PM
I purchased and still have my bike serviced at Central Texas Power Sports. I have been happy with the service there.

shayolghul
08-19-2014, 08:42 AM
that is in georgetown , correct? i was just looking at them on the googles.

gnz2250
08-19-2014, 08:42 PM
Yes, they are in Georgetown. I am surprised several others have not chimed in about them yet. I know there are at least half a dozen here that use them.

M109Dreamer
08-19-2014, 09:52 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66662

shayolghul
08-20-2014, 07:03 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66662

yeah but that is in san antonio and i live in manor .... quite a drive. georgetown is much closer. :)

i have been using the one in austin and that one (i wont name) has been horrible service; parts missing, scratches on headlight, going in for one thing and coming out with something else broken, never being done when they say are going to, etc.

so now that i am getting a new bike i would rather not keep going there; i was told originally that they were the only ones i could take it to.

oldguyinTX
08-20-2014, 07:35 AM
You are the first I have heard of that is having a Spyder replaced by BRP. This is nothing short of amazing. Can you tell us who you dealt with @ BRP, and how you got them to replace your Spyder?

shayolghul
08-20-2014, 09:39 AM
You are the first I have heard of that is having a Spyder replaced by BRP. This is nothing short of amazing. Can you tell us who you dealt with @ BRP, and how you got them to replace your Spyder?

PM me

RTDillon1960
07-23-2015, 07:03 PM
It is a ways from Austin but worth the trip. Coyote PowerSports in Boerne has been great.
Brett in Parts and Rocky In service. Both have a great attitude and both will treat you right.:thumbup:

Gray Ghost
07-23-2015, 08:46 PM
We did not have a good experience with Coyote. Had an appointment to have the recall done, the wife showed up at the appointed time (wednesday) and was told that it wouldn't be happening because they had a service coming in, but they "would try to work us in on Thursday".

3 Wheel Rider
07-23-2015, 10:22 PM
I have had several bikes (including my Spyder) serviced at Kent PowerSports in Selma Texas over the years, great tech support and customer service

I have had farkles installed at Coyote PowerSports in Boerne Tx before with no complaints; again great tech support and customer service

I have purchased gear from Central PowerSports in Georgetown at Woods Cycle Country in New Braunsfel, Tx and have received great customer service from their staff.