View Full Version : What's that name?

bruiser
08-18-2014, 02:03 PM
There should be a designated person in
the hospital who slaps you really hard
and makes you rename your kid if you
choose a name that will get his rear-end
kicked in school. Los Angeles hospitals
will need a few dozen of these people. (Lori Petterson)

ARtraveler
08-18-2014, 02:09 PM
Good idea. Johnny Cash was right when he sang about the boy named Sue. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-18-2014, 02:37 PM
My kid: Fauntleroy Norbert; disagrees with you! :lecturef_smilie: :roflblack:

JerryB
08-18-2014, 02:52 PM
Hi ak,

Re: Johnny Cash

Johnny Cash did not have a first name. He was given J R when he was born. That was rather common in the south in those days.

When he joined the Air Force they told him he had to have a first name, so 'Johnny' was born.

Jerry Baumchen

Chupaca
08-18-2014, 03:07 PM
watch what you wish for...or...you end up with babies being named by the month. Some latin americans do this so all girls are named maria and boys juan in a given month...but they do have regular names. I just had two children added to the family (inlaws) and...well lets not go there...:roflblack::roflblack:

jerpinoy
08-18-2014, 03:08 PM
George Foreman name his children with number followed by name I think?????

PrairieSpyder
08-18-2014, 03:30 PM
George Foreman name his children with number followed by name I think?????

All his children are named George!!

cptjam
08-18-2014, 03:41 PM
Had a girl in my class last week: Danisha. She even said "it's Danish with an "A""! Mom likes Danish (rolls!!!) :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Dan McNally
08-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Worked with a guy who went by "B.J." . . . his given name was "Bonnie Jean" . . . who does that to a kid? He grew up as the original "boy named Sue" . . . Harley and all!

bruiser
08-18-2014, 04:19 PM
This is the truth. There was an airman in one of my units with a very odd name. Delight Dick. Now, we all know that the military is first name last, last name first. I kid you not. This is absolutely true. Poor girl took a beating with that name.

retread
08-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Went to school with a kid named Chauncey Snavely _____, his parents said they wanted his name to be impressive.
Another family, last name Barr, named their kids Clark and Candi. Come to think of it, there was a kid named Kent Clarke, too.
I'll be going to a reunion (55 years) in September, hope to see all of them there.

john

bruiser
08-18-2014, 04:29 PM
I thought North West was a compass direction.

Bob Denman
08-18-2014, 04:52 PM
I went to School with a girl who always wanted to marry a man with the surname "Self".
She wanted to name a daughter "Gophelia" :roflblack:

bruiser
08-18-2014, 05:01 PM
:shocked:

Bob Denman
08-18-2014, 05:03 PM
A sense of humor that's even more tiwsted than mine... nojoke :roflblack:
We really DO have a fun Town up here! :D

bmccaffrey
08-18-2014, 06:49 PM
We had a local DEC Officer named Richard Head (DICK HEAD). Name fit too:gaah:
Think he got transferred. Someone else putting up with Dick Head:roflblack:

Oldmanzues
08-18-2014, 08:37 PM
This is the truth. There was an airman in one of my units with a very odd name. Delight Dick. Now, we all know that the military is first name last, last name first. I kid you not. This is absolutely true. Poor girl took a beating with that name.
I would have to change that one, but then. a girl with the last name, Joy worked in the reproduction section at Base HQ.
Oldmanzues