PDA

View Full Version : 2015 F3 - No Camo Pics - Things are looking up!

Pages : [1] 2

BajaRon
08-18-2014, 01:21 PM
Ok, I was one of many that didn't like the original 'Spy' pics of the 2015 Spyder. I said it was ugly because that is what I thought based on the pictures I had to make a judgement with.

BUT!

More information and more realistic pictures can change a person's mind and I don't mind that at all. Here is a link to some great pics of what appears to be 'The Real Deal'.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/all-new-can-am-spyder-f3-efi-spotted-with-no-camouflage-photo-gallery-85370.html (http://www.autoevolution.com/news/all-new-can-am-spyder-f3-efi-spotted-with-no-camouflage-photo-gallery-85370.html)

I have always wanted a more naked Spyder and I've said so many times in past posts. So the exposed tubular frame (a bit like the V-Rod) is appealing to me. I like the reinforced, tubular swing arm too.

The whole machine appears to be sitting a bit lower to the ground with changes in the front end to give added ground clearance where it's needed most. If this is true this model should handle even better than the current models. I"m all about handling.

Riding position. I don't care so much what it looks like. Obviously the foot position and controls are forward. A lot like my Suzuki M109R and I can tell you that is very comfortable for me. Also, it looks like the way the foot pegs are mounted and the tubular frame in front of them will give the aftermarket guys a perfect platform for all kinds of foot rest options. Especially for you long legged guys (and gals).

I do like some of the colors better than others but then that's always going to be the case.

Hope you enjoy the added info!

Bob Denman
08-18-2014, 01:26 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_55.gif Nicely done; Sir!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_75.gif

ARtraveler
08-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Nice find Baja. Those are some really great photos. If that is what is coming, I think that those looking for an RS with more Ooomph will be getting their wish.

The "ram air" scoops look pretty cool.

I like the new styling also.

oldgoat
08-18-2014, 01:31 PM
They seem to be "official photos" as you can see the camera truck in a couple of them.

bgame
08-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Still ugly to me....

oldguyinTX
08-18-2014, 01:40 PM
Did any one notice on the left of the page about the recalled BMW R1200RT? Turns out BMW has a buyback program - at full price - for these bikes.​ HELLO, BRP?

bgame
08-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Be nice. :roflblack::roflblack: Why not try a cup of coffee and a donut or something like that. Let's not rain on the parade. We are just looking at some pictures here.

Did not know I was not allowed to state my opinion....

DrewNJ
08-18-2014, 01:43 PM
Sexy sexy!

ARtraveler
08-18-2014, 01:44 PM

Just funning with you my friend. If my dig was offensive, I will be happy to delete it.

Just say the word. There are plenty more that agree with you also. :yes::yes:

PrairieSpyder
08-18-2014, 01:45 PM
Thanks! I like the forward controls; still don't care for the front end.

Lamonster
08-18-2014, 01:47 PM
http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/all-new-can-am-spyder-f3-efi-spotted-with-no-camouflage-photo-gallery-85370-7.jpg

That's what I'm talking about :doorag:

Bob Denman
08-18-2014, 01:48 PM
:2thumbs: I'm digging it! :yes:

ChasCS
08-18-2014, 01:51 PM
I can see where some will like its stark looks, while other may feel it's rather undressed. Oh, the shame!! There are not many attractive offerings here. Just your plain jane new run of the mill... Beefed up in a few places...
I hope the new owners of these newly designed units will be happy.
I pray they don't go and remodel any of the other Spyder modes this way. That's what makes
them so unique. The insect look... Lucky we all, have unique and specific likes and interests.
These are actually hardening back to the beginning as they resembles a Deere farm tractor.
That's how come they didn't make it too obvious, with no green ones... Hahaha, just saying.

Chas

ARtraveler
08-18-2014, 01:51 PM
:2thumbs: I'm digging it! :yes:

To bad the boss won't say how he likes driving it. I guess we will just have to wait another month or so. :roflblack::roflblack: :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

No BBQ here--that is one cool machine. Sorry, can't help repeating myself. :yes:Over and out.

Bob Denman
08-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Just about five weeks and counting! :D

Tick... tick... Tick... :shocked:

FaranH
08-18-2014, 02:01 PM
Oh, I LIKE it! It's the muscle car of the Spyder line-up. :doorag::thumbup:

May not appeal to some, but I've got to believe this may actually widen the Spyder market to the cruiser-types and the 30-45 year olds who might otherwise follow the Harley herd. Can totally see lots of different after-market parts on these....like mini ape-hangers (Joe Peschon of the MOGang was a visionary ;))

Tazzel
08-18-2014, 02:06 PM
50/50 here. Dont like the front end either but I can see that it would allow for a lot of airflow. And I would have to ride it to evaluate that riding position. The bars seem to be a little high. Lets just hope they test this one a little more before they release it. Oh yeah that’s right that’s what we always hope for (doesn’t seem to happen).

Rob Rodriguez
08-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Nice info Ron.

My likes:
Looks fantastic from the side.
Love the tubular steel
Like the orange/black and white/orange/gray colors
Love that most of the rear tire is exposed (from the side)
Love that the engine and mechanicals are showing
Love the adjustable handlebars
Like the 115hp expectation

My Dislikes:
The front grill. It's too large. Would look better if the nose dipped a bit to make it look shorter in the grill area (like a new style Camaro)
The wheels...not flashy enough for the overall design. The current "blade" wheels from the RSS would look better I think
The rear reflector, plate light housing.......its HUGE. Way to large and boxy.
Needs a small triangular windscreen (non functional) that fits in the triangle in front of the gauges.....looks like there is one on some of the models (pic 3).
Wish it were more like 125-130hp expectation

My $.02 cents anyway. Not that its worth $.02

bgame
08-18-2014, 02:15 PM
Looks like the rear tire is already worn out....

Lamonster
08-18-2014, 02:26 PM

May not appeal to some, but I've got to believe this may actually widen the Spyder market to the cruiser-types and the 30-45 year olds who might otherwise follow the Harley herd. Can totally see lots of different after-market parts on these....like mini ape-hangers (Joe Peschon of the MOGang was a visionary ;))

I think this will bring in the Hotrod guys too (if this is the 2015 Spyder). Len just got a call from one of his buddies that saw the pics and his comment was "this ain't no blue haired Spyder".
For sure BRP is stepping up their game. :doorag:

Dan McNally
08-18-2014, 02:27 PM
I like it, but I prefer the RT . . . I like the seating position and all the storage . . . got road trips planned!

ARtraveler
08-18-2014, 02:32 PM
I like it, but I prefer the RT . . . I like the seating position and all the storage . . . got road trips planned!

I am thinking this is the year when the original RS gets spiffed up. It's a bit dated and many have been clamoring for more HP and oomph.

I have no fear that the RT is in for radical changes. The designers made most of those changes in 2014 and I don't see them spending additional dollars other than some cosmetic changes and color(s) on the touring version.

bruiser
08-18-2014, 02:32 PM
Like it. Beefed up tubular frame all the way around. Smaller diameter, slightly raised handle bars. Love the open engine concept. Not a real fan of the Chrysler style box front end, but it may grow on me. Seat doesn't look much different than the RS seat, Wonder if my old bum would feel comfy on it. Most of all, love the forward controls. That would really reduce the discomfort in the old knees and hip. I like the sporty colors. All told, I give it an 8 out of ten.

Test ride may change score.

Went back and looked again. Is it me or does the rear tire look more like a regular car tire? Also noted that one was an SM. Six i hope.

NorCalBud
08-18-2014, 02:33 PM
I was quick to call it ghastly, but with less cover and more skin...Wow! I've never been one for that riding position, but that's why I own an RT... It, does have an aggressive, perhaps even Bad-a** look to it. It could be that I've been watching too much Sharkweek, but anybody else see Greatwhite in there somewhere? I love how sleek my RT is, but there's a lot to be said for seeing a motor....more to chrome :)

Dragonrider
08-18-2014, 02:36 PM
I like it too - Look for the RT version in 2016....

Lamonster
08-18-2014, 02:37 PM
Mickey Fisher loves it and wants us to build him an "Extant" theme Spyder. That will be way cool. :doorag:

finless
08-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Still not a look I like sorry.... I assume this is what they had to do to cram the 1330 in the RS and get the radioators way up front?
It looks like too much up front from the rider to me e.g. out of balance in the look.
I guess if you put the RT rear end on it, it would look better.

Bob

SpyderGirl
08-18-2014, 03:05 PM
I love it and I knew I would from the spy photos. The handlebars seem a little cramped for those riders that were testing it, but probably would be perfect for someone of my stature. Not sure about the forward controls, that could take some getting used to, and it would definitely need more storage and a windshield if this was to replace my 2008 GS. I can't wait to test ride one!!

:yes:

SpyderGirl
08-18-2014, 03:07 PM
50/50 here. Dont like the front end either but I can see that it would allow for a lot of airflow. And I would have to ride it to evaluate that riding position. The bars seem to be a little high. Lets just hope they test this one a little more before they release it. Oh yeah that’s right that’s what we always hope for (doesn’t seem to happen).

I agree, the bars seem a bit awkward to me.

DrewNJ
08-18-2014, 03:11 PM
The only thing that can ruin that spyder now is to find out they went small on the powerplant or if it weighs in at RT level heft. The 1330 isn't my first choice but if its smaller than that its a deal killer. Hopefully we won't be disappointed....

Lamont, fire up the F3 forum!.....[emoji41]

Showie
08-18-2014, 03:14 PM
I question the authenticity of the PICs nojoke. There is not a beer belly to be seen :roflblack:

vampyregirl
08-18-2014, 03:16 PM
I don't care for the front grill. Looks too much like a car to me. The handlebars seem to be positioned a bit awkward too. The nekkid look???!!! I like that!!! Not sure it won't be so hot on the legs though..... I'll have to go take a peek when they get to the showrooms!!!

SpyderGirl
08-18-2014, 03:16 PM
This will definitely target a different market of Spyder owners. I have a feeling that most of the current owners won't like this. This seems to appeal more to a younger crowd IMHO. Maybe that's why I like it.

SpyderGirl
08-18-2014, 03:17 PM
I don't care for the front grill. Looks too much like a car to me. The handlebars seem to be positioned a bit awkward too. The nekkid look???!!! I like that!!! Not sure it won't be so hot on the legs though..... I'll have to go take a peek when they get to the showrooms!!!

I love the naked look too!! The seating position does seem a bit on the awkward side for sure.

Chupaca
08-18-2014, 03:21 PM
not my choice but will be for many..but what will it be..?? RS/RSS/ST or a new catagory..?? :dontknow:

SpyderAnn01
08-18-2014, 03:29 PM
I'll stick with my RT, thanks. Don't think the forward controls would be comfortable for me.

cptjam
08-18-2014, 03:38 PM
If it is fast, and handles, rides cooler, and is reliable, I am in! have a reasonable price, please!

NM Wrench
08-18-2014, 03:41 PM
I wonder what the price point will be on this model? I do like the looks of it though. I like the forward foot position also. Can't wait to see this in person if this is the production model! :yes::bowdown:

Magdave
08-18-2014, 03:42 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93428&d=1408394500 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3169&attachmentid=93427)

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93427&d=1408394477 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3169&attachmentid=93426)

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93426&d=1408394452 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3169&attachmentid=93425)

billybovine
08-18-2014, 03:46 PM
I like the look for the most part. It will be nice to get my butt on one to get the feel of it. Appears to be an official photo shoot. They will have to delete all the pictures of the orange one with the front tires on backwards. :roflblack::roflblack:

Princeau99
08-18-2014, 03:50 PM
I like that. Would be great if it had performance options like Elka shocks and BahaRon bar.

StealthSpyder
08-18-2014, 03:51 PM
From what I have read, it seemed pretty clear to me that that sport spyder ryders (read: RS, RSS) were NOT interested in the 1330 ace engine. Can't remember exactly what the reasons were for that, but I think it was along the lines of whatever additional power it does have (minimal). You lose the performance gains due to the extra weight of the motor.

Additionally, I thought that due to the nature of the torque and power band etc...it was pretty much agreed that the 1330 was NOT a performance engine nearly as much as it was a touring/cruising engine. Clearly there are some benefits as the motor has gotten high accolades from the RT ryders. But that's just it...the 1330 belongs in the touring spyders and maybe the ST's, but IMO (and from what I've read, many others) that's it. We sport spyder ryders were not interested in the 1330 so I really hope the RS/RSS line is still in existence and still has the Rotax 990 (or hopefully something even higher performance! :pray:)

Finally, while the pics are a little better than the "mule" pics that were leaked last week...I'm still not a fan of the looks. At all. Or really of any of what I've read and seen about it to be honest. BRP is targeting a demographic that is not in line with what many of us anticipated would be released this year...an entry level spyder. This spyder will no doubt be 18K+ having the 1330 engine, if that is in fact the engine it will be coming with.

At this point, my response to BRP regarding this spyder would be...

"Thanks, I guess."

It's definitely not for me. I'm hoping this isn't the only change/addition for 2015. :sour:

StealthSpyder
08-18-2014, 03:56 PM
This will definitely target a different market of Spyder owners. I have a feeling that most of the current owners won't like this. This seems to appeal more to a younger crowd IMHO. Maybe that's why I like it.

I'm 31 with an RSS and respectfully disagree. I think most of the current spyder owners won't like this not because of their age (younger or older).

billybovine
08-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Even if it is the 1330 engine, it may not be the same. Different cams and compression can narrow up the power band and increase the peak power. That would suit a sport rider better.

vided
08-18-2014, 04:02 PM
:agree:

wyliec
08-18-2014, 04:07 PM
I'm 31 with an RSS and respectfully disagree. I think most of the current spyder owners won't like this not because of their age (younger or older).

As far as I'm concerned, you are correct. I'm twice your age and think it looks great. I might even try to trade in my 2008 SM5. Also, it still looks the same as the original pics. with the bullet proof blanket.

Rob Rodriguez
08-18-2014, 04:11 PM
From what I have read, it seemed pretty clear to me that that sport spyder ryders (read: RS, RSS) were NOT interested in the 1330 ace engine. Can't remember exactly what the reasons were for that, but I think it was along the lines of whatever additional power it does have (minimal). You lose the performance gains due to the extra weight of the motor.

Additionally, I thought that due to the nature of the torque and power band etc...it was pretty much agreed that the 1330 was NOT a performance engine nearly as much as it was a touring/cruising engine. Clearly there are some benefits as the motor has gotten high accolades from the RT ryders. But that's just it...the 1330 belongs in the touring spyders and maybe the ST's, but IMO (and from what I've read, many others) that's it. We sport spyder ryders were not interested in the 1330 so I really hope the RS/RSS line is still in existence and still has the Rotax 990 (or hopefully something even higher performance! :pray:)

If this bike is replacing (know one knows this yet) the current RS/RSS models then I agree the 1330 motor as it exists in the RT may not be the desired motor. However I'm assuming that if this is a replacement for the RS/RSS then BRP will tune the motor specifically for the RS/RSS model. My opinion is the RS/RSS needs more power than the current twin delivers. I'm not interested in higher top speed numbers. I'm interested in more power from 0-80 mph (mid range). Something I can mash the throttle on coming out of a turn and it rips. I really don't care if its a better tuned twin or a different tuned 1330 as long as it achieves the desired results.

wyliec
08-18-2014, 04:14 PM
I question the authenticity of the PICs nojoke. There is not a beer belly to be seen :roflblack:

That's cold; but, I like it.

oldgoat
08-18-2014, 04:18 PM

looks like the footrests slide up & down the red frame tube to accommodate leg length.

Edit: on taking a much closer look, I think they come out from under the bike as the red tube looks like it goes up & down with the suspension.

arntufun
08-18-2014, 04:25 PM
You know what......................... ? I think it's bad azz !!!!!! I Love the new look !!!!!! Home freakin run !!!!!!!!!! BRP, I knew you wouldn't leave us out !!!!!!!!!!!! :firstplace:

Great job BRP !!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Big Arm
08-18-2014, 04:26 PM
The more I look at it....the better I like it...:dontknow:
All you after market vendors, looks like time to start over designing new farkels....

daveinva
08-18-2014, 04:30 PM
My thoughts (which everyone's been waiting for, right? :rolleyes:)

1. Side and rear profiles are great. ESPECIALLY the side profile. Very neat look.
2. The front headlights/foglights are also sharp.
3. I do like the exposed frame, almost Ducati-like. That should help with the heat!

Dislikes... sigh:
1. The front end is better without the camo, but it ain't growing on me. Looks like a catfish mouth.
2. The handlebars look out of place, way dinky.
3. Ditto the shorty exhaust. Great to save on weight, but it's lost in that frame.

And 4 and 5, gotta call these out:
4. The seating position. Look, I know a lot of Spyder owners come from Harleys/cruisers (or *want* Harleys/cruisers). You're used to feet-forward, you like feet-forward.

But... BUT: the Spyder doesn't handle like a cruiser. You need to move your weight around in turns, and the original "sport" position of the stock RS and the standard-like position of the ST/RT help the rider do that. With your feet forward like that, shifting your weight is going to be far harder than on current Spyders. That might make sense for the RT-- that demo might not want to be as aggressive in the twisties (although knowing many, that ain't true :joke:), but on the F3, you're basically telling your market that this here is a boulevard cruiser, NOT a sport carver.

I'd like to reserve final judgment until the demo ride, but feet-forward on a Spyder strikes me as a case of BRP giving the market what it THINKS it wants, not what it REALLY wants (or let alone *needs*).

5. As folks wrote above, the reason we merry RS riders were opposed to putting the 1330 "as is" into the RS is that it clearly isn't a sporty engine. If that is indeed the 1330 in the F3, given that seating position, I'm anticipating they didn't significantly re-tune it-- again, this layout shouts "boulevard cruiser", and NOT sport bike.

Again, BRP's marketers probably thought that's the way to go. Sport bikers weren't about to give up canyon-carving en masse to go to three wheels (particularly since so many make so much fun of it) so why bother making the RS sporty?

As much as it pains me to say it, I think it's clear that BRP at least believes that the RS experiment failed, and the F3 is their attempt to go after a different, potentially more profitable demo. I wish them all the luck.

Oh, and lastly: I thought everyone here at Spyderlovers had long agreed that BRP needed an "entry level" Spyder? Guess this ain't it. Maybe they'll keep the RS around, and just make that even cheaper? :dontknow:

SpyderAnn01
08-18-2014, 04:30 PM
You know what......................... ? I think it's bad azz !!!!!! I Love the new look !!!!!! Home freakin run !!!!!!!!!! BRP, I knew you wouldn't leave us out !!!!!!!!!!!! :firstplace:

But your PE still isn't worth any extra. :roflblack:

maliamd
08-18-2014, 04:42 PM
I wonder on pricing. Any thoughts?:dontknow:

Bob Denman
Hey Randy!!
What do you think a PE versio of one of THESE will be worth in about seven years or so?? :D
Are you gonna pull the trigger, or what???

Rob Rodriguez
4. The seating position. Look, I know a lot of Spyder owners come from Harleys/cruisers (or *want* Harleys/cruisers). You're used to feet-forward, you like feet-forward.

But... BUT: the Spyder doesn't handle like a cruiser. You need to move your weight around in turns, and the original "sport" position of the stock RS and the standard-like position of the ST/RT help the rider do that. With your feet forward like that, shifting your weight is going to be far harder than on current Spyders. That might make sense for the RT-- that demo might not want to be as aggressive in the twisties (although knowing many, that ain't true :joke:), but on the RS, you're basically telling your market that this here is a boulevard cruiser, NOT a sport carver.

I'd like to reserve final judgment until the demo ride, but feet-forward on a Spyder strikes me as a case of BRP giving the market what it THINKS it wants, not what it REALLY wants (or let alone *needs*).

This bothers me as well. Obviously I'll have to ride one but I left my Harley (one of the reasons anyway) because I didn't like the forward controls. I also agree this type of seating position isn't geared for an RS/RSS it's more like an ST. Maybe what we are seeing is an ST replacement?

Someone wrote it looked like the foot pegs slide on the tube. That might true and would be a great feature but you can't slide them back far enough to obtain the "sport" seating position.

asp125
08-18-2014, 04:44 PM
The styling says aggressive performance, but the forward controls say let's cruise. Confused at who the target market is. Not the sporty RSS replacement I hope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Bob Denman
08-18-2014, 04:46 PM
I wonder if BRP has finally done a study, and decided that you could put a rider's feet anyplace that they'd be comfortable; once they didn't need them at stoplights anymore... :D

Lamonster
08-18-2014, 04:51 PM

Okay Bro are you ready for this? Here it comes....................I agree with you .........this thing is a Hotrod and it is BadA$$ and if the guys like you and Mickey Fisher like it then they did good. I see it as a blank canvas with lots of potential to make it my own just like all my cruiser bikes. :firstplace:

PMK
08-18-2014, 04:54 PM
I like the look for the most part. It will be nice to get my butt on one to get the feel of it. Appears to be an official photo shoot. They will have to delete all the pictures of the orange one with the front tires on backwards. :roflblack::roflblack:

Noticed the front tires also before reading these posts. Oh well, the installer of them may have some "plainin" to do.

I have seen leaked photos before. Ideally this was staged by BRP to gage reactions, if not...the last photos I saw were a semi secret helicopter and the leaker was canned quickly and the DOD demanded all internet providers remove the photos.

Overall, it is pretty cool. No plans to change what we have, but it would be kind cool to MAYBE have the ability to get more power into our 2014 RTs with some engine mapping, cams if needed and so forth.

Cool link and thanks for posting.

PK

Bob Denman
08-18-2014, 05:01 PM
Okay Bro are you ready for this? Here it comes....................I agree with you .........this thing is a Hotrod and it is BadA$$ and if the guys like you and Mickey Fisher like it then they did good. I see it as a blank canvas with lots of potential to make it my own just like all my cruiser bikes. :firstplace:
Can you at least tell us if you've slung a leg over one yet?? :D

ARtraveler
08-18-2014, 05:06 PM
Can you at least tell us if you've slung a leg over one yet?? :D

If he got to ryde the 1330's last year, I bet he has ridden or even has one in the testing garage. Will he fess up...:roflblack::roflblack:...I am guessing that he cannot right now. :yikes:

rnet
08-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Although I like the tubular frame, the front is still BFU! Nothing there for me, I'll keep my vette for my muscle vehicle and maybe add a Slingshot. The wheels are ugly also, but at least they could be changed.

Bob Denman
08-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Well... I know he can't tell us what he thinks of them yet... :shocked:
I'm just hoping to hear him say that he "might have had a chance"... :thumbup:

Deanna777
08-18-2014, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=bgame;859672]Still ugly to me....[/QUOTE I changed my mine, I kind a like it. I think this might be the intro to the younger group, after they do a test ride they might try the other models of the Spyder group. Deanna777

Lamonster
08-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Sorry some of you still think it's ugly, I think it's a work of art, looks like it's moving even sitting still. I love it. :doorag:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10454919_705498169499947_3250114316500544420_n.jpg ?oh=cf67d456a6727f4088da6efb470f03ac&oe=5461B45C&__gda__=1416752182_75d3a0cb771199d60bf2630aa87edb1 a

asp125
08-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Nobody has commented on the pillion seat.. or lack thereof. Looks kind of uncomfortable to me, at least not without a backrest option.

Colin
08-18-2014, 05:15 PM
It is growing on me, definitely different. And Im sure this would be a new model and not replacing any existing models

ARtraveler
08-18-2014, 05:16 PM

I had a feeling that you were going to like this one. I am not going to be in the market though, I am now an RT person and besides...I lost to much money on my phony 2010 RT PE edition #474. :roflblack::roflblack:

asp125
08-18-2014, 05:22 PM
*IF* those footpegs are indeed adjustable, and are moved all the way back along that tube. And *IF* one scooches all the way forward on the seat, one might get into an almost sporty position; almost. So I'm wondering if BRP is intending to cover all bases, providing those pegs are adjustable.

arntufun
08-18-2014, 05:39 PM
The styling says aggressive performance, but the forward controls say let's cruise. Confused at who the target market is. Not the sporty RSS replacement I hope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

This is excactly what I would want................... Let me look and sound bad azz at 40 years old, but let me be comfortable after 200 miles !!!! I love it !!!!! :2thumbs:

IMO, a pure Spyder RS "sport" owners dream..............................:thumbup:

daveinva
08-18-2014, 05:39 PM
*IF* those footpegs are indeed adjustable, and are moved all the way back along that tube. And *IF* one scooches all the way forward on the seat, one might get into an almost sporty position; almost. So I'm wondering if BRP is intending to cover all bases, providing those pegs are adjustable.

I doubt sporty, but at least close to *standard* would be an improvement.

Actually, if those pegs *are* adjustable like that, that is an absolutely genius design, especially if they're adjustable on the fly. Cruiser position to eat up the highway miles, stop for gas to slide the pegs to standard position to hit the twisties.

So, I know we're still a month away from the "official" reveal, but c'mon Lamont and co., at least tell us THIS little. :pray::f_spider:

coz
08-18-2014, 05:43 PM
less plastic, more muscular, lower, AND A COMFORTABLE RIDING POSITION WITH FORWARD CONTROLS. i will have one. and it will be black.:doorag:

Netminder
08-18-2014, 05:48 PM
I like it more now, seeing it uncovered! I like the open engine concept, and even the front end (which I was sure was just camo!) is starting to grow on me. I am going back to take another look at the pics!;)

roselover58
08-18-2014, 05:50 PM

I agree. I think the front end is the biggest turn-off. I like the sleek look we have now. I do like the higher bars - maybe I can fit my GoPro on them.

Will have to test ride

flamingobabe
08-18-2014, 05:54 PM
I'm loving the new look....needs black rims.....the red frame looks hot.....open panels it's about time....seating position looks further back....betting the 1330 is under the panels.....good change...2008-2014...time for new look

Bob Denman
08-18-2014, 05:55 PM
Will have to test ride
:agree: :thumbup:

Illinois Boy
08-18-2014, 05:57 PM
That's what I'm talking about :doorag:

I really could not agree more... :thumbup:

For those not liking the front-end, I can see your point; however the new look is no longer a jet-ski or snowmobile look; which was beginning to be a turn-off for the broader consumer market opinion.

Noral
08-18-2014, 06:01 PM
Just needs a set of Apes.

jScotD
08-18-2014, 06:08 PM
The little Harley Heritage rider..

she exclaimed.."my gosh, it looks like a lawnmower :shocked: Not sleek at all like yours" I laughed

The little lady has spoken..looks like I want be doing any trading :shemademe_smilie:

H.L.Spyder Guy
08-18-2014, 06:22 PM
Looks like something only a Mother could love. :roflblack: This also makes my decision too buy a new machine a lot easier, and my wife a little happier. I keep and modify the RSS I have!!:thumbup:

flamingobabe
08-18-2014, 06:22 PM

looks like the footrests slide up & down the red frame tube to accommodate leg length.

If the pedals move forward and back along the frame...which would be cool...what about the brake pedal?

BajaRon
08-18-2014, 06:23 PM
Wow! I guess there is a tiny bit of interest in this as I just posted it a few hours ago and there are nearly 2k views and 80 posts already!

This Spyder isn't going to be for everyone. None of them are. That is a given.

I don't want an RT, never have. Nothing against them, I'm just not an RT guy. Nor do the RT guys drool over my RS. That's just life and it's fine.

I like my RS but really, I've been wanting a MORE RS... RS, if you know what I mean. I'm looking for a less refined, more In-Your-Face machine. I think that BRP is on to something by accentuating the frame and making it part of the look rather than the current Tupperware treatment. The long/low/mean 'Tank' treatment reminds me of something that I can't quite put my finger on yet. But I really like it.

I even like the grill/front end well enough in some colors/treatments, not so well with other colors/treatments. But I would say there is a great deal of opportunity for aftermarket tweaks there that may well blow my socks off.

Bottom line, BRP needs to expand the Spyder appeal/market beyond what it is now. That will be good for all of us. No one expects the RT guys to jump. I am sure BRP isn't interested in wooing you away from your RT. Instead, BRP is trying to expand the pie to include those who are, for the most part, uninterested and unmoved by the current offerings.

My opinion, which is worth way less than what it's costing you, is that BRP has the potential to do it with this one. I may have done it a little differently here and there, but they are definitely on the right track. But to seal the deal with those that BRP is targeting, there will need to be more than what meets the eye in these photos..

And you can quote me on this. If the test ride doesn't live up to the look, then it may be a long summer next year. But! If the ride matches the look, then things may get very interesting in 2015.

I can tell you that I will be taking a close look at this one when the time comes.

We'll know a lot more when the timer goes off and this bun comes out of the oven.

Bob Denman
08-18-2014, 06:26 PM
So, set your watches, folks!! :D
The party starts on 09/23/2014... :2thumbs:

Kratos
08-18-2014, 06:43 PM
Way to go BRP! This is exactly what I wanted them to do......give the looks some personality. Now this sucker looks baaaaddd to the bone. I want one.

Hope they added some pep to the 1300 and this is a winner.

NovaSpyder
08-18-2014, 06:49 PM
Well I love my RT and it suits the purpose that I use it for. Bit I am really liking this machine, raw and open to possibilities. Love the open concept and red frame. If this draws in a different demographic then I think we all win, at least in the short term. I would say this is definately a new line, cruiser, I'm not sure it will meet the needs of those wanting more S from the RS but it looks open to flexability. Two thumbs up I say.

PistonBlown
08-18-2014, 06:51 PM
Posted to the other thread and then realised there was this one- duh.

Anyway I like the look of this but think the bars need to be more forward and the pegs further back to give it a more street fighter feel (I know most Americans prefer the laid back position so I'm guessing that's why it's like this). With a more forward riding position it would almost be a 3-wheeled Katana from this angle. I also like the exposed engine, I've been playing with the idea of stripping some of the panels from my RS but the oil tank and rad limit what you can get away with.

Question is, how big/powerful is that engine? It's got the street fighter looks but has it got the yeaeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh to go with it?

daveinva
08-18-2014, 06:57 PM
So, obviously everything I'm going to write is based on *photos* and (informed) anecdotal conjecture, so take it with lots of salt. :coffee:

But I'm really fixated on the F3 as BRP's choice to build a "boulevard cruiser" instead of a sporty replacement for the RS.

Impartially, this makes some sense in many areas-- and no sense at all in others.

Sense:
1. The RS appealed to a crowd that didn't really exist: aggressive sport riders who DON'T ride two wheels. BRP tried to create this market with the GS (and the RS), but once the RT came along, the natural Spyder demo (older with disposable income) immediately abandoned the RS in favor of what the vast majority of Spyder owners wanted all along: a touring bike that they could ride once they no longer wanted to/could ride two wheels.

By the end, the only people buying the RS appeared to be people who *couldn't afford* an ST or RT, or the very casual "toy owner" who put a few thousand miles a year on their Spyder riding it up and down the main drag.

Bottom line: had there had been a real market for a "sport trike," the RS would have made it, or grabbed it. It failed to do so. I don't begrudge BRP trying something new.

2. Without a sporty trike, since BRP still needs something different than the RT and ST to offer the marketplace, it's now trying to replace the RS in a different direction: the high-torque, low-RPM boulevard cruiser. Something low-slung, mean looking, feet-forward, and low-end grunt. If the RS couldn't sell, maybe the F3 will.

After all, if you're a "toy owner," you want something you can cruise on down to coffee or beer, something mean-looking that'll get attention down the main drag. The RS wasn't really that Spyder, but the F3 definitely is.

No sense:
3. All of the above aside, what's the market for *this*?

The RT has a market; the ST has a (smaller) market. What's the F3 market? I presume they're HD owners who want that cruiser feel on three wheels. But is there really a large group of HD owners-- who, as we all well know, are INSANELY loyal-- looking to jump over to three wheels unless they absolutely have to? Again, that demo is served by the RT, and served well. If you're old enough to need three wheels, you're going there. If you're young enough for two, you're not giving up a Harley for an F3, anymore than sportbikers gave up their Gixxers for the RS.

Now, it could be the crowd that hasn't ridden anything at all, i.e. car owners who want a cruiser but DON'T want to learn how to ride a Harley, may gravitate to the F3. I'm still not sure that market is all that much bigger than the market for the RS-- again, the pull of American iron is overwhelming in popular culture. I guess we'll see.

BREAK-BREAK: all of the above written, here's my REAL worry with the F3: as I wrote a few weeks back, if you wanted a sporty toy, and you're cross-shopping the F3 with a Polaris Slingshot, which one are you going to buy? The RS wasn't strong competition to the Slingshot; the F3 strikes me as even weaker. If you want to go crazy in the twisties and don't want two wheels, you're not any more likely today to give BRP your money; less so, in fact. Instead, BRP is catering to a market that may be even less likely to appear than the (small) market for the RS. Which means that with the F3, BRP could have just ceded the "sporty toy" market completely to Polaris-- and that can't help the Spyder line in the long run.

Anyway, I hope my prognostications are all wrong, and the F3 turns out to be a huge success, and BRP builds all kinds of Spyders for years to come. But I'm more skeptical today than I was yesterday.

P.S. I know I'm an evangelist for the impossible dream, but BRP missed yet another chance to build the leaning Spyder and establish a whole new market segment. If you're going to take a risk, risk big. I fear that the F3 doesn't go far enough, *especially* with Slingshot out there competing in the same price range for recreational dollars.

oldgoat
08-18-2014, 07:17 PM
If the pedals move forward and back along the frame...which would be cool...what about the brake pedal?

Yeh. I had another closer look at the side-on pic & now think they come out from under the frame.

BlackWydow
08-18-2014, 07:27 PM
Hubby sais if we get one of those he is not riding it.

otter28169
08-18-2014, 07:30 PM
I like the new riding position. I have been begging for a riding position like this since before the unveil of the new 2009 spyder models. The open panels look nice, and even the rear fender is kinda cool. I gotta say though.........The front end on this machine makes me want to bleach my eyes and wish that I had sudden amnesia to forget what I have seen. I was so excited when I saw the first picture from the side, then I saw the front:gaah:I hope that part gets some tweaking (and the engineers stop "tweeking"). If it is a low cost cruiser for the masses it is a smart idea, but definitely not the one I am looking for. I do not see what is so hard to understand about the phrase "more power". Maybe I will be looking at a slingshot, or a 2016 :dontknow:

Just sayin...............

Colin
08-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Sense:
1. The RS appealed to a crowd that didn't really exist: aggressive sport riders who DON'T ride two wheels. BRP tried to create this market with the GS (and the RS), but once the RT came along, the natural Spyder demo (older with disposable income) immediately abandoned the RS in favor of what the vast majority of Spyder owners wanted all along: a touring bike that they could ride once they no longer wanted to/could ride two wheels.

By the end, the only people buying the RS appeared to be people who *couldn't afford* an ST or RT, or the very casual "toy owner" who put a few thousand miles a year on their Spyder riding it up and down the main drag.

Bottom line: had there had been a real market for a "sport trike," the RS would have made it, or grabbed it. It failed to do so. I don't begrudge BRP trying something new.

Not trying to be rude, but that may be the case in USA/Canada, but not all over the world.
In New Zealand, (granted only 600 Spyders sold) but it would be a 70/30 Split in Favour of RS/RSS over St RT, and it is not because people cant afford the ST RT but they choose to buy the RS/RSS, mainly because of the type of roads we have here, that are more suited to the Sport version with lots of twisties, sweeping corners etc. We do have a few decent straight roads too. I have an ST which I believe gives me a good compromise that suits my riding position.
I would love to give an F3 a good workout before making up my mind

Topshotta
08-18-2014, 07:46 PM
less plastic, more muscular, lower, AND A COMFORTABLE RIDING POSITION WITH FORWARD CONTROLS. i will have one. and it will be black.:doorag:

Coz,
i am with you. I see comfort.... And one in my future.

Bob Denman
08-18-2014, 07:49 PM
You wanna know the funniest part of all of this? :D
the battle lines are already being drawn, and almost none of us have even touched it yet; much less stuck our butts in the saddle... :roflblack:

Topshotta
08-18-2014, 07:52 PM

I agree, this thing is sexy and different....my 2012 RSS will be for sale......low miles

coz
08-18-2014, 07:54 PM
that makes me want one even more.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::yikes::yike s::yikes::yikes::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

DrewNJ
08-18-2014, 07:58 PM
I'm kinda right there with you bro'....

I might wait one more season though as BRP doesn't have such a great rep with first model year bugs..

Its not really an RS replacement though...not any more of a replacement than trading in a VFR for a VTX. Its just a totally different ride.

Just hope we are not disappointed with the performance/HP/weight....

Whitetail
08-18-2014, 08:16 PM
I love it, i always hated ow the syder had ts motor and other parts that show raw machine hidden under the tupperware and going for a look that says, "we put wheels on a snowmobile" i know thats one of their big markets, but i always wished there was a ore exposed, more mechanical looking syder, here it is. If this is around 14-16k new, i will be trading in my spyder for one.

daveinva
08-18-2014, 08:26 PM
Not trying to be rude, but that may be the case in USA/Canada, but not all over the world.
In New Zealand, (granted only 600 Spyders sold) but it would be a 70/30 Split in Favour of RS/RSS over St RT

Not rude at all! But I do believe that with those numbers, New Zealand (Better than Old Zealand!) is something of an outlier.

bscrive
08-18-2014, 08:29 PM
Well, after looking at it for a few more hours....we still don't like it and it would not be something in our garage. nojoke The rims are ugly as well. :yikes:Of all the choices they have for rims, I hope those are not the ones that will go on them. Although, the RS did need an update I think such a radical change is too much of a change. They do need to get away from the snowmobile look and they have done that but, I think that they alienated a lot of RS owners that love the look of the old RS. I do believe that this is the RS model because they just brought in the ST model in 2013 so I doubt they would change it so soon.

P.S. BRP. I hope you bring one to SpyderQuest for us to get a real look at it. That may sway some over.

coz
08-18-2014, 08:31 PM
is a madstad, and a sound system, and a custom exhaust, and it's down the road.:thumbup:

SpyderGTL
08-18-2014, 08:56 PM
So, obviously everything I'm going to write is based on *photos* and (informed) anecdotal conjecture, so take it with lots of salt. :coffee:

But I'm really fixated on the F3 as BRP's choice to build a "boulevard cruiser" instead of a sporty replacement for the RS.

Impartially, this makes some sense in many areas-- and no sense at all in others.

Sense:

2. Without a sporty trike, since BRP still needs something different than the RT and ST to offer the marketplace, it's now trying to replace the RS in a different direction: the high-torque, low-RPM boulevard cruiser. Something low-slung, mean looking, feet-forward, and low-end grunt. If the RS couldn't sell, maybe the F3 will.

After all, if you're a "toy owner," you want something you can cruise on down to coffee or beer, something mean-looking that'll get attention down the main drag. The RS wasn't really that Spyder, but the F3 definitely is.

No sense:
3. All of the above aside, what's the market for *this*?

The RT has a market; the ST has a (smaller) market. What's the F3 market? I presume they're HD owners who want that cruiser feel on three wheels. But is there really a large group of HD owners-- who, as we all well know, are INSANELY loyal-- looking to jump over to three wheels unless they absolutely have to? Again, that demo is served by the RT, and served well. If you're old enough to need three wheels, you're going there. If you're young enough for two, you're not giving up a Harley for an F3, anymore than sportbikers gave up their Gixxers for the RS.

Now, it could be the crowd that hasn't ridden anything at all, i.e. car owners who want a cruiser but DON'T want to learn how to ride a Harley, may gravitate to the F3. I'm still not sure that market is all that much bigger than the market for the RS-- again, the pull of American iron is overwhelming in popular culture. I guess we'll see.

BREAK-BREAK: all of the above written, here's my REAL worry with the F3: as I wrote a few weeks back, if you wanted a sporty toy, and you're cross-shopping the F3 with a Polaris Slingshot, which one are you going to buy? The RS wasn't strong competition to the Slingshot; the F3 strikes me as even weaker. If you want to go crazy in the twisties and don't want two wheels, you're not any more likely today to give BRP your money; less so, in fact. Instead, BRP is catering to a market that may be even less likely to appear than the (small) market for the RS. Which means that with the F3, BRP could have just ceded the "sporty toy" market completely to Polaris-- and that can't help the Spyder line in the long run.

Anyway, I hope my prognostications are all wrong, and the F3 turns out to be a huge success, and BRP builds all kinds of Spyders for years to come. But I'm more skeptical today than I was yesterday.

P.S. I know I'm an evangelist for the impossible dream, but BRP missed yet another chance to build the leaning Spyder and establish a whole new market segment. If you're going to take a risk, risk big. I fear that the F3 doesn't go far enough, *especially* with Slingshot out there competing in the same price range for recreational dollars.

Good analysis on the RS market. It will be interesting to see if this replaces the RS or becomes a fourth model at the bottom end of the price range. Based on the minimalist approach, it sure looks like it could be the latter, leaving the RS intact, though maybe with the 1330. If someone could move to a really cool looking 3-wheeler for around $10K, they were cross-shopping from the 750-1300 (tel:750-1300)cc class cruiser market, also generally in the same price range. Especially the metric cruiser market. The styling might grab some HD riders, too, but I think the lower end metric cruisers are the target, if the price is right. It's a much more interesting proposition to consider similar (or better) features, eg ABS, for the same price tag, rather than a 50% or more premium to move to 3-wheels, as required with any of the other Spyder models.

if the F3 is priced to attract the cruiser market, then those folks probably aren't cross-shopping the Slingshot. IIRC, the Slingshot is going for at least $20K. I think the Slingshot shoppers are more likely to cross-shop the RS or ST (and RT, to a lesser extent).

Since I came from a metric cruiser before the BMW (and the Spyder was my other choice), the F3 really has me interested. I love the bad a$$ looks of the F3. I want something that will look great either around town, on a 200-mile RTL, or on a 700-mile day riding cross country. That drives a few more requirements for me, like removable saddlebags, Sirius XM, and Bluetooth, along with a windscreen. Time will tell if I can get all of that on an F3...

if the price is right, I think BRP will have a home run with the F3. If someone is looking for a Honda Shadow Aero or Interstate, or similar, I bet they give the F3 more than a second look. If it's in the same price class as an RS, then they may not. YMMV...

BentGamer
08-18-2014, 08:58 PM
You wanna know the funniest part of all of this? :D
the battle lines are already being drawn, and almost none of us have even touched it yet; much less stuck our butts in the saddle... :roflblack:

Nailed it Bob! I like what I see and what I see is BRP moving forward. This is probably not the last new spyder we'll see from them in the future.

pitbull
08-18-2014, 09:03 PM
I'm loving this thing!
This is going to make the Spyder even cooler, crossing more lines and welcoming more riders both young and old !!!!!! I'm so pumped ! This ain't no low end cheap model this is bad a$$

Had to come out of retirement for this one ! Haters are going to hate and it's not for every one but this added more attitude and horsepower muscle car look that will broaden the Spyder family !!! Way to go brp thank you thank you ,
like it or love it I'm ready for more models and more pro Spyder people....., if your hating on this then your hating on a grow family!!!!
F3 you are loved and welcomed! Can't wait to meet you !!!

Excited excited excited!

billrob71
08-18-2014, 09:09 PM
I like it :thumbup:

I don't think the sport model should have a cruiser style saddle and bars but think it will do well" sorry though not rushing out and trading mine in. Like the open look, resembles more like a motorcycle.

be curious to see how mucin that one weighs

Is there any place that this say it is the RS model ,is it possible this is the next ST?

DrewNJ
08-18-2014, 09:29 PM
It looks like a 3 wheeled version of the Ducati Diavel!

spydee owner
08-18-2014, 09:31 PM
I like it. The wheels -to me - look similar in design to dodge challenger wheels. No doubt there will be bags and windshields galore offered as accessories. The orange and black reminds me of the hood on a Moto-Ski bullet. The shape of the grill reminds me of an early RT prototype pic. In slide 13 they caught a sliver of the back end of what looks like an RT. Not much too go on but something looks different. Overall I think this is a winner for BRP...... that is if it is an actual production machine.

Tango
08-18-2014, 09:39 PM
I think SS or GT would be more fitting. :thumbup: Does anyone else think it looks like the rider sits waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy back? Or is it me? :dontknow: Tom :trike:

ARtraveler
08-18-2014, 09:45 PM
After several hours, it is interesting to look at all the opinions that have come up, the sides that are being taken, and the comments good and bad.

If the model shown is an addition to the line, I see a lot of new people coming aboard with the product.

I am not going to be a convert because I am the RT type of customer. I do like the aggressive looks and I do think the new front end is very cool looking.

The boss mentioned that this can be a pallet to make it up your way. I did that with my 2008 GS and had a blast with it.

I guess that it is going to be an interesting month and we find out the actual information then.

Happy speculating until then.

PMK
08-18-2014, 09:51 PM
Was dabbling with the photos a bit.

When magnified, it sure looks like the fuel tank in between your legs and up high. Typical moto style.

As for the glimpse of the RT, too difficult to tell. Almost looks more like the current version just in a red paint job. Really not sure though.

PK

retread
08-18-2014, 09:52 PM
Looks like they moved the rider back about 4 inches, the swingarm pivot on the earlier models is around even with the rider's spine, on the new ones, it's way forward. Don't know if I'd want to try some of the twisties on this one, have to relearn ryding all over again.

john

jScotD
08-18-2014, 10:21 PM
this will be my next one.. I'm one of those blue haired guys
http://youtu.be/iO6SoC6u_XI

Lamonster
08-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Baskin Robbins were on to something...not everyone likes the same flavor. :doorag:

dndfindley
08-18-2014, 11:11 PM
Nice find Baja. Those are some really great photos. If that is what is coming, I think that those looking for an RS with more Ooomph will be getting their wish.

The "ram air" scoops look pretty cool.

I like the new styling also.

You gotta be kidding! An RS? This isn't even close. A Harley reverse trike maybe since it's clearly a cruiser. I'm disappointed.

PMK
08-18-2014, 11:13 PM
Baskin Robbins were on to something...not everyone likes the same flavor. :doorag:

Amen to that!

PK

dndfindley
08-18-2014, 11:13 PM
Ok, I was one of many that didn't like the original 'Spy' pics of the 2015 Spyder. I said it was ugly because that is what I thought based on the pictures I had to make a judgement with.

BUT!

More information and more realistic pictures can change a person's mind and I don't mind that at all. Here is a link to some great pics of what appears to be 'The Real Deal'.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/all-new-can-am-spyder-f3-efi-spotted-with-no-camouflage-photo-gallery-85370.html (http://www.autoevolution.com/news/all-new-can-am-spyder-f3-efi-spotted-with-no-camouflage-photo-gallery-85370.html)

I have always wanted a more naked Spyder and I've said so many times in past posts. So the exposed tubular frame (a bit like the V-Rod) is appealing to me. I like the reinforced, tubular swing arm too.

The whole machine appears to be sitting a bit lower to the ground with changes in the front end to give added ground clearance where it's needed most. If this is true this model should handle even better than the current models. I"m all about handling.

Riding position. I don't care so much what it looks like. Obviously the foot position and controls are forward. A lot like my Suzuki M109R and I can tell you that is very comfortable for me. Also, it looks like the way the foot pegs are mounted and the tubular frame in front of them will give the aftermarket guys a perfect platform for all kinds of foot rest options. Especially for you long legged guys (and gals).

I do like some of the colors better than others but then that's always going to be the case.

Sorry but I was hoping for something more sporty. This is not sporty. This is a reverse trike 'cruiser.' If I wanted a Harley I would buy a Harley. I don't like Harley's and I resent BRP building this in place of a go fast handling RS. If this one was in the lineup in addition to a go fast RS then I would have no problem with it.

dndfindley
08-18-2014, 11:16 PM
Still ugly to me....

I agree.

dndfindley
08-18-2014, 11:19 PM

You nailed it - the Harley cruiser crowd. Sigh...

swrafey2000
08-18-2014, 11:23 PM
It looks like the bike from the Judge Dredd movie remake.

dndfindley
08-18-2014, 11:24 PM
not my choice but will be for many..but what will it be..?? RS/RSS/ST or a new catagory..?? :dontknow:

I don't know what it will be, but it will NOT be an RS/RSS. This is a freaking cruiser for pete's sake.

dndfindley
08-18-2014, 11:28 PM
Even if it is the 1330 engine, it may not be the same. Different cams and compression can narrow up the power band and increase the peak power. That would suit a sport rider better.

Wise up people! This is NOT a sportbike i.e. RS/RSS - this a CRUISER!

dndfindley
08-18-2014, 11:36 PM

BUT!

After looking at the side views I know exactly what this reminds me of and many of you won't like it. It reminds me of a Honda DN-01. Pull up a pic and compare side views - seating position and all. I hate this whatever it is that BRP might unload on us.

dndfindley
08-18-2014, 11:49 PM
It looks like a 3 wheeled version of the Ducati Diavel!

Not even close, not even a little bit. If for nothing else but the riding position which is totally different. The new Spyder looks just like a Honda DN-01 from the side.

draboo
08-18-2014, 11:59 PM
I ve owned both an 08' GS and a '10 RT. By far, the 08 being the most fun to ride. I may consider one of these '15 models to drag behind the motorhome. (We are going full time in the coach in October)

I m happy that BRP is targeting a different audience. :)

lascar
08-19-2014, 12:06 AM
UGLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My RT 2010 will become to be a collector !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dvmdf
08-19-2014, 12:13 AM
Hoping these will be available at the Motorcycle Show in Dec in Long Beach, CA for a test ryde. Might be the time to trade in my 2008 RS

Questions
08-19-2014, 12:37 AM
#1.... The Slingshot is NOT a threat to the Spyder. It is a glorified go cart and not practical except to rip around a little. Not a mileage machine. ALSO notice how WIDE the slingshot is. Only about 8" of road left to move in. The thing is a road hog. Cool, but...

#2.... These photos are just that. NO specifics. I remember when the Ski-Doo REV platform came out in 2003. Most thought BRP lost their minds. Now EVERY manufacture copies the rider forward movement and BRP technology.

#3.... BRP is calculated and by far the best in design, fit and finish and setting the bar. Spyder slapped everyone in the face of traditional. IF this is a new Spyder segment Spyder will again slap the traditionalist in the face. If you want traditional............. ride a Harley. They never change.

#4.... BRAVO BRP for not sticking to what everything thinks you need to make. Take a chance and hit the damn ball out of the park.

:bowdown:

Colin
08-19-2014, 12:49 AM
Im picking, this isnt completely the finished product, and the actual machine will be similar, but not the same. The assumption it has the 1330 3cyl, if it is an entry level machine, it may only be a 600 or 800.
Just my thoughts

Benggolf
08-19-2014, 01:07 AM
With all the side panel off....no more overheating problems! :thumbup:

Looking very advant garde...will wait for thee finished product. ;)

DrewNJ
08-19-2014, 01:22 AM
Not even close, not even a little bit. If for nothing else but the riding position which is totally different. The new Spyder looks just like a Honda DN-01 from the side.
I kinda meant the lines and the painted frame. How about A Ctx with the forward controls?[emoji41]

ijon1
08-19-2014, 05:16 AM
A lot of people don't like change. I do. Over my lifetime I noticed the cooler older people look forward and not backward.

PistonBlown
08-19-2014, 05:54 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Colin http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=859989#post859989) Not trying to be rude, but that may be the case in USA/Canada, but not all over the world.
In New Zealand, (granted only 600 Spyders sold) but it would be a 70/30 Split in Favour of RS/RSS over St RT

Not rude at all! But I do believe that with those numbers, New Zealand (Better than Old Zealand!) is something of an outlier.

That's because NZ has officially the best motorcycle roads in the world so why would you want to ride an armchair around them:-).

Iamjoey
08-19-2014, 07:56 AM
The front end looks like a 73 Camaro and Z28. Old school muscle car look. I like the old school look. :thumbup: http://www.oyola-luiijf.com/joomla/images/stories/camaro.jpg :2thumbs:

daveinva
08-19-2014, 08:10 AM
#1.... The Slingshot is NOT a threat to the Spyder. It is a glorified go cart and not practical except to rip around a little. Not a mileage machine. ALSO notice how WIDE the slingshot is. Only about 8" of road left to move in. The thing is a road hog. Cool, but...

Again, I beg to differ, if only to offer a friendly contrarian view. :D

The Slingshot is not a threat to the ST or RT as it is not a touring machine. No argument there.

But, as a happy RS owner, let me tell you the three general types of people who consider buying the RS:

1. People with ~$20K in their pocket who ride motorcycles who now want to ride 3 wheels, either for physical reasons, safety considerations, or genuine personal interest/curiosity.

2. People with $20K in their pocket who never rode motorcycles before who want to ride something "motorcycle-like."

3. People with ~$20K in their pocket who never rode motorcycles before who want to ride something sporty. I call these the "disposable income for recreational vehicles" segment-- the same segment that buys quads, snowmobiles, jetskis, etc. that aren't always motorcycle riders.

Category #1 is overwhelmingly populated by your RT and ST owners now that those models are available (before they were available, everybody bought the RS because that was our only option-- they don't factor into the *future* popularity of a "sport Spyder," however, as they now have choices more to their liking).

Category #2 is right in the Spyder's wheelhouse. The RS (or now F3) can appeal to that market, and those people are not likely to cross-shop the Slingshot.

Category #3, however, *is* likely to cross-shop the Slingshot, and hard. If they want something sporty but DON'T want a motorcycle, before they had the RS as an option. The F3 may kick serious tail-- no one here has ridden one yet (except those dirty, awful people who aren't talking! :p)-- but on face value it doesn't seem to be as oriented towards the sport rider as the RS was.

I'm only working on assumption, but my assumption is that the population of Category #3 is by far the largest group. If you are not already a motorcycle rider but want a three-wheeled touring machine, you're going to get an RT or an ST. But if you are not already a motorcycle rider and you just want to have something fun in the twisties, you're probably going to look at something that costs the same but almost-certainly delivers superior sport performance (having spoken with folks I trust this past weekend who've already driven the Slingshot, they all raved about it with drool in their mouths, it's *that* fun).

For my money, BRP had two real options to compete in that "disposable income" segment: make the RS (or its replacement) cheaper to expand its appeal/market penetration, or go in a different direction altogether, and turn away from that "sporty three-wheeler" customer who never appeared in profitable numbers. On face value, it looks as if BRP chose the second option with the F3. BRP couldn't obtain/generate customers interested in a sport trike, maybe there are customers for a cruiser trike, they're going to try.

I don't begrudge them their choice; they're smarter businessmen and women than I am, they've done their market research. That said, this wouldn't be the first time market research was wrong, and for the sake of all of us who really do genuinely love the Spyder in ALL its forms, I hope that isn't the case with the F3.

P.S. All the disclaimers above, I can't wait to ride one. :2thumbs: And honestly, I may be in the market for one if it's as comfortable to ride as one hopes, leaving my sport enthusiasm to be satisfied by my hopefully-growing stable to two wheels.

spydee owner
08-19-2014, 08:24 AM
If one looks at the attire and hair styles of the models driving the F3, it tells me, or I interpret that BRP is going after the HD cruiser
crowd.
Getting to the bike, it looks like the trunk will be more shallow but longer. Also, the vertical rad on each side...... didn't John Deere
use this concept on some of their farm machinery?
Also, interesting that spyderlovers is allowed to post pics yet Canadian sites have had info and pics removed.

BajaRon
08-19-2014, 08:34 AM
If one looks at the attire and hair styles of the models driving the F3, it tells me, or I interpret that BRP is going after the HD cruiser
crowd.
Getting to the bike, it looks like the trunk will be more shallow but longer. Also, the vertical rad on each side...... didn't John Deere
use this concept on some of their farm machinery?
Also, interesting that spyderlovers is allowed to post pics yet Canadian sites have had info and pics removed.

Interesting that this same material has been removed from sites in Canada. Not sure why that would be. It is obvious that BRP wants these pictures 'Leaked' and I'm sure BRP is doing the leaking.

No, I don't have any inside info. I'm out of the loop just like everyone else. No inside track for me. But you don't get this kind of quality and detail from 'Spy' photos, IMHO.

But why not? BRP has gone to a great deal of time, trouble and expense to birth this baby. Any manufacturer is proud of their product and they want prospective customer feedback without giving away the farm.

This cycle of back and forth is going to begin in earnest all over again once people are able to get their hands (and buns) on one of these new offerings.

StanProff
08-19-2014, 08:34 AM
I like the new F3 as a cruiser style spyder. It will have a large market for sure. People who ride the RT's will not cross over but I am sure a lot of new younger riders will come into the fold. YEA! It's all good for Spyderdom.
Seems as though the Spyder and the Slingshot are being compared like they are the same type of vehicle.:wrong: The only similarities are three wheels and it carries 2 passengers and it looks like the price point is in the same range. If any one can see more similarities let me know. Steering wheel, seats with seat belts, side by side seating, car engine, car transmission, as wide in the front as an F150, and I for one can't see myself sitting 10 or 11 inches from the pavement for very long. Fun? you bet! long distance travel? No storage other than sticking 2 helmets behind the seats. Done. I am sure the Slingshot will have a market. I do not believe it will be pulling from the motorcycle market and if so only very little as in a novelty appliance. I like the Slingshot, I love motorcycles, I like to ride not drive. If I want to drive I will take the car.

BajaRon
08-19-2014, 08:39 AM
I like the new F3 as a cruiser style spyder. It will have a large market for sure. People who ride the RT's will not cross over but I am sure a lot of new younger riders will come into the fold. YEA! It's all good for Spyderdom.
Seems as though the Spyder and the Slingshot are being compared like they are the same type of vehicle.:wrong: The only similarities are three wheels and it carries 2 passengers and it looks like the price point is in the same range. If any one can see more similarities let me know. Steering wheel, seats with seat belts, side by side seating, car engine, car transmission, as wide in the front as an F150, and I for one can't see myself sitting 10 or 11 inches from the pavement for very long. Fun? you bet! long distance travel? No storage other than sticking 2 helmets behind the seats. Done. I am sure the Slingshot will have a market. I do not believe it will be pulling from the motorcycle market and if so only very little as in a novelty appliance. I like the Slingshot, I love motorcycles, I like to ride not drive. If I want to drive I will take the car.

My take exactly. The Slingshot will have a market just like the T-Rex. But people who buy one are not very interested in a Spyder in the 1st place, and Vice-Versa.

finless
08-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Interesting that this same material has been removed from sites in Canada. Not sure why that would be. It is obvious that BRP wants these pictures 'Leaked' and I'm sure BRP is doing the leaking.

No, I don't have any inside info. I'm out of the loop just like everyone else. No inside track for me. But you don't get this kind of quality and detail from 'Spy' photos, IMHO.

But why not? BRP has gone to a great deal of time, trouble and expense to birth this baby. Any manufacturer is proud of their product and they want prospective customer feedback without giving away the farm.

This cycle of back and forth is going to begin in earnest all over again once people are able to get their hands (and buns) on one of these new offerings.

This was a professional shoot!

It was shot in downtown LA on Traction Ave and 3rd St.
If you look at the first picture of the guy with the beard, here is the graffiti art behind him.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.045276,-118.235895,3a,75y,352.42h,90.55t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sAQ7dx1SQB_F0JII0cAcBdg!2e0

Also look at picture #10 and you can see one of the cameras. That is a high end Hollywood camera for sure!

So leaked aint the word for it, this cost money and was on purpose.

Bob

Pirate looks at --
08-19-2014, 09:36 AM
:agree: It is pretty that you can also the Video trucks in the foreground and background in some cases. I would bet that this is pretty close to a finished product. And we are giving BRP plenty of feedback. I am sure they are getting a kick out of this:yes::cheers:

Lamonster
08-19-2014, 09:39 AM

I was going to say something to the same effect about the Slingshot....it's a three wheeled car that you have to wear a helmet in. There's nothing motorcycle like about it. It's still cool just not on the same page or even the same book as the Spyder.

asp125
08-19-2014, 09:43 AM
I like the Slingshot. Not as a Spyder competion but for what it is. It'll kick the RS in the corners with a lower CG. Once the aftermarket comes out with a turbo for the motor, the power will be way more than any stock Spyder. But I digress.

As for the Spyder, the RT and ST folks can sit this one out. Stripped down, the F3 is clearly not aimed at them. The RS/RSS folks can also chill out, as this doesn't seem to be a performance oriented corner carving model either. In short BRP is producing an armchair that you can rip up and down the boulevard with saying "hey look at me!", nothing more. Clearly BRP is aiming for the power cruiser segment.

wyliec
08-19-2014, 09:48 AM
Lamont,

Have you driven one of these F3's? Not asking your impression (in case you have), just a yes or no answer.

packbuckbrew
08-19-2014, 09:49 AM

I agree with the "blank canvas" point. As soon as I look at it, I think of what it could be with some paint, rims and a big long pipe. Something really loud. I would be taking those rims to the powder coater almost immediately. How about a sissy bar and some ape hangers?

bscrive
08-19-2014, 10:59 AM
My other question about the F3 is...where is the windshield? Where would it attach? With that riding postion it would be a real pain to keep upright. The new valkyrie was the same thing when I rode it. It took a lot of effort to hold on the handlebars without a windshield a higher speeds.

BajaRon
08-19-2014, 11:27 AM
My other question about the F3 is...where is the windshield? Where would it attach? With that riding postion it would be a real pain to keep upright. The new valkyrie was the same thing when I rode it. It took a lot of effort to hold on the handlebars without a windshield a higher speeds.

If it can be done the A/M people will do it.

CJInc
08-19-2014, 11:41 AM
As for the Spyder, the RT and ST folks can sit this one out. Stripped down, the F3 is clearly not aimed at them. The RS/RSS folks can also chill out, as this doesn't seem to be a performance oriented corner carving model either. In short BRP is producing an armchair that you can rip up and down the boulevard with saying "hey look at me!", nothing more. Clearly BRP is aiming for the power cruiser segment.

Hey y'all...new member here. Keeping my fingers crossed this F3 is not a direct RSS replacement...plan is to get a 2015 RSS as a graduation gift in the spring. It will be my first ever sports bike purchase. I'm NOT a fan of the 'rawness' of this F3 model. Here's hoping BRP doesn't forget about us younger customers!

ironsidebob
08-19-2014, 11:43 AM

If you look at pic 3 , There is a windshield, Think it does need it and makes it look so much better and finished, Have to say "awsome job brb, bad in every way"

wis2013rtltd
08-19-2014, 11:44 AM
brake pedal? I must be missing it...

Cez
08-19-2014, 11:46 AM
If it can be done the A/M people will do it.
I agree. A wind shield is a mast; I can't imagine highway speed riding without one. On the other hand, a large shield would not look good on this machine.
Overall I love the side view, love it. The front looks little like high performance lawn tractor to me.
With wilder more aggressive front wheels and pipes it would look like machine from old Mad Max movie. Kind of cool.

daveinva
08-19-2014, 11:48 AM
Seems as though the Spyder and the Slingshot are being compared like they are the same type of vehicle.:wrong: The only similarities are three wheels and it carries 2 passengers and it looks like the price point is in the same range.

And that's the market for most people interested in buying a sporty recreational vehicle.

I do not believe it will be pulling from the motorcycle market and if so only very little as in a novelty appliance. I like the Slingshot, I love motorcycles, I like to ride not drive. If I want to drive I will take the car.

And that is my point: the Spyder RS was not pulling from the motorcycle market.

That market either wanted a sportbike (and bought them instead) because A) two wheels are what they wanted, or B) they'd be open to three wheels, but the Spyder (unfairly, but unarguably) carried too much of a stigma with their peers, **or** they wanted a fast toy. The Slingshot won't do any better than the Spyder RS did in getting sportbikers off of two wheels, but it will definitely get the "look cool in a fast toy" crowd to look twice at it, especially now that BRP isn't making a direct sporty trike competitor.

My take exactly. The Slingshot will have a market just like the T-Rex. But people who buy one are not very interested in a Spyder in the 1st place, and Vice-Versa.

With all due respect my good friend Ron, the T-Rex never had a market because the thing cost $50 freakin' thousand dollars. Polaris is genius for coming in at the $20K price point, which while still pricey, is within the realm of possibility for many weekend joyriders.

Again, stepping outside of the Spyderlovers bubble:

"I've never ridden motorcycles, I've only driven a car, I want a unique sporty open-air experience. I could buy a Spyder-- and learn how to ride that, buy all the gear, etc. AND risk being made fun of by a majority of bikers who think I'm too scared to ride two-wheels. Or, I could buy the Slingshot which is a lot like my car, comes with a seat belt, easily brings along a passenger for my Saturday joyride, *and* doesn't carry the stigma the Spyder has with all the cool kids-- and boy, do I ever want to be cool."

"Hmmm... oh, wait, what was that? Can-Am doesn't make a sporty Spyder any longer? Well then, I guess BRP made my decision for me, time for the test drive at the Polaris dealer!"

At the T-Rex prices, that conversation would NEVER happen. At $20K, however, I imagine that conversation is going to go on in a lot more people's heads than all my esteemed SL colleagues expect.

H2O
08-19-2014, 12:06 PM
After looking at the side views I know exactly what this reminds me of and many of you won't like it. It reminds me of a Honda DN-01. Pull up a pic and compare side views - seating position and all. I hate this whatever it is that BRP might unload on us.

It's obvious you don't like it and it sounds like you don't like the DN-01 either. Granted, the DN-01 was not for everybody just as the F3 will not be to everyone's liking. My wife rides a DN-01 and she loves it, it doesn't matter what other people think. Paraphrasing Lamont's comment about ice cream - everyone has their favorite flavor and it may not be the same as the next person.

John

KX5062
08-19-2014, 12:16 PM
I too like it. I am VERY impressed with some of the major engineering changes that have gone into it. :clap:

joet82
08-19-2014, 12:16 PM

Hey,. I'm in that age group, and I NEVER be a follower of any harley herd...unless they're leading a group ride. ;)

BikerDoc
08-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Hey,. I'm in that age group, and I NEVER be a follower of any harley herd...unless they're leading a group ride. ;)

I think the ultimate appeal for this new product will be price. If they can make it affordable to the masses then it could be popular.....

spydaman60
08-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Hubby sais if we get one of those he is not riding it.tell chad to go back and bake some more cookies and you'll take the f3 for a ride!!!:roflblack::roflblack: chad and i usually agree on the future of the rss, but this one, i think we're not on the same wavelength. if the front end was a little sleeker, i think i might hop on one of these!!!:thumbup:

Bob Denman
08-19-2014, 12:47 PM
23 hours, and getting close to 6,000 hits! :thumbup:
Ron, You brought out a real winner of a thread!:clap: :bowdown:
I just emailed the pics of it to my Spyder Technician... :D

EDIT: Did they do away with the SST frame, and go conventional on us? :dontknow:

spydaman60
08-19-2014, 01:12 PM
it appears to be a "love it" or "hate it" type of machine!!! :thumbup: time will only answer the questions!!!:dontknow:

Bob Denman
08-19-2014, 01:15 PM
Are you gonna find a test-ride on one?? :D
I think that I am! :2thumbs:
Whether or not you like what they did; the fact that they did something, should at least be noteworthy! :clap:

BajaRon
08-19-2014, 01:29 PM
With all due respect my good friend Ron, the T-Rex never had a market because the thing cost $50 freakin' thousand dollars. Polaris is genius for coming in at the $20K price point, which while still pricey, is within the realm of possibility for many weekend joyriders.

Point taken and :agree: with your price perspective.

My comment ignored price as what I was getting at was customer attraction to the format of the Spyder as opposed to the very different Slingshot/T-Rex which I group together in that respect. When you add price into the mix (which I know everyone does) the same case could be made between the GG-Taurus and the Spyder. Same general format which should appeal to the same general customer, with price (not so much format) being a major deciding purchase factor.

In other words, would I like to have a GG-Taurus? Absolutely! From what I have seen it is an awesome ride!

Am I going to pay that price? No.

Bob Denman
08-19-2014, 01:33 PM
No doubt; the Slingshot is very nicely-priced. :thumbup:
But, do you buy your toys based solely upon price? :shocked:
I know that I don't... ;)
It's not a bike.
The Spyder isn't a bike.
They're aimed at different audiences, and I think that there's enough room for both! :2thumbs:
I also think that this new RS is breathing excitement back into the line-up! :yes:

StealthSpyder
08-19-2014, 01:33 PM
stepping outside of the Spyderlovers bubble:

..."AND risk being made fun of by a majority of bikers who think I'm too scared to ride two-wheels.
...*and* doesn't carry the stigma the Spyder has with all the cool kids"

At the T-Rex prices, that conversation would NEVER happen. At $20K, however, I imagine that conversation is going to go on in a lot more people's heads than all my esteemed SL colleagues expect.

I think you are overestimating how often these conversations, or even thought processes, occur. I've had nothing but upbeat, excited, interested, and positive comments and convos regarding my spyder. Clearly this doesn't relate to a prospective buyer wondering whether they should get the spyder or another 3 wheeled toy. But I do think the spyder has come a long way and less and less bikers are hating on them.

StealthSpyder
08-19-2014, 01:40 PM
I also think that this new RS is breathing excitement back into the line-up! :yes:
:hun::gaah:

While I agree with you because clearly some people like it, I sure hope that this thing is NOT the new RS!!!

CJInc
08-19-2014, 01:53 PM
BRP has been aggressively luring younger customers to their social media pages this past summer...especially to Instragram, through targeted campaigns on a variety of websites. About 18 of the last 27 photos BRP has posted to their IG account over the last month have been RS/RSS models. At least once every couple weeks they post photos of a celebrity on a RS/RSS.

How lame would it be to ramp up social media campaigns, reach a younger audience on websites we tend to visit with photos of tricked out celebrity-owned RS/RSS--if they plan to discontinue those models anyways?

I'm siding with the folks who think the F3 is an addition, not a replacement!

billybovine
08-19-2014, 01:56 PM
After all the discussion I too believe this is not a RS replacement. It's a new model in the lineup.

Rob Rodriguez
08-19-2014, 01:59 PM
I would agree. The F3 series will be a new model line-up. For now the RS/RSS, ST and RT will remain. That said...........I hope the RS/RSS is going to see some love for 2015.

Bob Denman
08-19-2014, 02:06 PM
:hun::gaah:

While I agree with you because clearly some people like it, I sure hope that this thing is NOT the new RS!!!

:D The strength of the emotion contained within your statement...
:roflblack: Q.E.D. :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
08-19-2014, 02:07 PM
Yep! The pictures are still working. :yes::yes::yes::yes:

Early on, I called the F3 a "replacement" for the RS. After much consideration, and agreement with many posters, I say, I think I was wrong. :roflblack:

F3: A new niche model most likely. And yes, it will surely draw a mostly younger crowd. IMO of course. There will also be those that just want a meaner looking machine and age be darned--they will get one anyway. Sounds like win/win for BRP.

Said earlier. F3 not for me--happy with my RTS. :yes:

Kratos
08-19-2014, 02:09 PM
I love it. My only question I'm curious on is if it is an addition or replacement......

Netminder
08-19-2014, 02:10 PM
I can hardly keep up with the posts coming into this thread!:2thumbs: So like it or not, it has sure got us posting!! So that is a good thing!

Bob Denman
08-19-2014, 02:11 PM
We'll know for sure... in about five weeks!
Tick... Tick... Tick... :D

bscrive
08-19-2014, 02:18 PM
This thread alond should up Bob's count another 1000. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-19-2014, 02:27 PM
:opps:
:yikes: Oh crap! That's another! :shocked:

StealthSpyder
08-19-2014, 02:31 PM
:D The strength of the emotion contained within your statement...
:roflblack: Q.E.D. :2thumbs:

Q.E.D. - translation from Latin into English yields: "What was to be demonstrated". A better translation from the Greek would read, "The very thing it was required to have shown."

A curious initialism!

Which definition did you prefer in your use of it?

Netminder
08-19-2014, 02:35 PM
This thread alond should up Bob's count another 1000. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
I was thinking the same thing!:joke:

Bob Denman
08-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Q.E.D. - translation from Latin into English yields: "What was to be demonstrated". A better translation from the Greek would read, "The very thing it was required to have shown."

A curious initialism!

Which definition did you prefer in your use of it?
I really don't prefer one over the other; it is proven by it's own existence... :2thumbs:

StealthSpyder
08-19-2014, 02:44 PM
I really don't prefer one over the other; it is proven by it's own existence... :2thumbs:

Whoa, deep! :D

billybovine
08-19-2014, 02:51 PM
Whoa, deep! :D

Deep as a lot of thought or deep as I need higher boots. :roflblack:

StealthSpyder
08-19-2014, 03:22 PM

Hahaha well played sir! :cheers: I'll let you decide! ;)

StanProff
08-19-2014, 03:32 PM
And that's the market for most people interested in buying a sporty recreational vehicle.

And that is my point: the Spyder RS was not pulling from the motorcycle market.

That market either wanted a sportbike (and bought them instead) because A) two wheels are what they wanted, or B) they'd be open to three wheels, but the Spyder (unfairly, but unarguably) carried too much of a stigma with their peers, **or** they wanted a fast toy. The Slingshot won't do any better than the Spyder RS did in getting sportbikers off of two wheels, but it will definitely get the "look cool in a fast toy" crowd to look twice at it, especially now that BRP isn't making a direct sporty trike competitor.

Again, stepping outside of the Spyderlovers bubble:

"I've never ridden motorcycles, I've only driven a car, I want a unique sporty open-air experience. I could buy a Spyder-- and learn how to ride that, buy all the gear, etc. AND risk being made fun of by a majority of bikers who think I'm too scared to ride two-wheels. Or, I could buy the Slingshot which is a lot like my car, comes with a seat belt, easily brings along a passenger for my Saturday joyride, *and* doesn't carry the stigma the Spyder has with all the cool kids-- and boy, do I ever want to be cool."

"Hmmm... oh, wait, what was that? Can-Am doesn't make a sporty Spyder any longer? Well then, I guess BRP made my decision for me, time for the test drive at the Polaris dealer!"

Seems like a lot of talk about no more sporty spyders. I haven't seen anywhere that BRP is no longer making the RS series or ST's. We just haven't seen any pics of the '15's yet. there's more to come folks. Gotta have a little patience.

StanProff
08-19-2014, 03:39 PM
BRP has been aggressively luring younger customers to their social media pages this past summer...especially to Instragram, through targeted campaigns on a variety of websites. About 18 of the last 27 photos BRP has posted to their IG account over the last month have been RS/RSS models. At least once every couple weeks they post photos of a celebrity on a RS/RSS.

How lame would it be to ramp up social media campaigns, reach a younger audience on websites we tend to visit with photos of tricked out celebrity-owned RS/RSS--if they plan to discontinue those models anyways?

I'm siding with the folks who think the F3 is an addition, not a replacement!

I agree. Well said.

ARtraveler
08-19-2014, 04:42 PM
I took four of our best pictures of the F3 over to my dealer today. They said they had not seen any information yet. All thought the F3 was very cool. One salesman said "I would buy one of those." All agreed that they could see some sales on the horizon if the F3 is to be added to the line.

Lamonster
08-19-2014, 05:08 PM
From BRP's Facebook page

Can-Am Spyder (https://www.facebook.com/CanAmSpyder?fref=photo)

Figured we were on to something when the paparazzi chased us in Los Angeles and Europe

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/p720x720/936680_10152637057928094_8512911081906907614_n.jpg

Bob Denman
08-19-2014, 05:14 PM
I'd like to "think", that a lot of thought went into it... :D

I was introduced to that comment, by my 10th grade Geometry Teacher; so very many years ago! :D

otter28169
08-19-2014, 06:27 PM
tell chad to go back and bake some more cookies and you'll take the f3 for a ride!!!:roflblack::roflblack: chad and i usually agree on the future of the rss, but this one, i think we're not on the same wavelength. if the front end was a little sleeker, i think i might hop on one of these!!!:thumbup:

I am with you, the front end is the part I dislike. The riding position is the one I have been waiting on. I am going to look at one, but right now it just looks ugly from the front.

Just sayin'...........

Lamonster
08-19-2014, 07:19 PM
I am with you, the front end is the part I dislike. The riding position is the one I have been waiting on. I am going to look at one, but right now it just looks ugly from the front.

Just sayin'...........

That's what I've been saying about the GS/RS but it grew on me. Never loved it but I do like the RT nose and I'm good with the F3 nose. :doorag:

Raknid
08-19-2014, 08:00 PM
For me, I don't mind the looks but would not like the riding position. Not comfortable with the weight concentrated on the tail bone and legs out in front. I actually think it looks pretty good though.

Lamonster
08-19-2014, 08:12 PM
For me, I don't mind the looks but would not like the riding position. Not comfortable with the weight concentrated on the tail bone and legs out in front. I actually think it looks pretty good though.
Before the Spyder that's the only posture I rode in. 1000 mile days were not an issue.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/10633269_769558176420789_495139448689983370_o.jpg

JkRbbt
08-19-2014, 08:36 PM
I am a touring rider, but I am with Lamont. A couple of my most comfy long range bikes were the cruiser style. While I like the bare bones, it doesn't appear there is ANY storage. Looks like the frunk is actually a hood. Going to wait and see the price and the farkle catalogue before I decide one way or the other.

jScotD
08-19-2014, 09:51 PM
on a BMW,, and my attire was a t-shirt and jeans.. unless the rain set in then it was Barbour, I just never understood all the armor.. but then it wasn't invented yet and the fear factor wasn't introduced yet

moral of the story...

go out of your way not to fall

jScotD
08-19-2014, 10:35 PM
what have you seen? I said what's in front of me.. My jacket was incrusted with ice... my hands shook when I asked for coffee .. the waitress took it to where I sat,, the local Law just stared at me.... I stuffed newspaper in my jacket.. and hit the road again...finally somewhere in New Mexico I had had enough... the interstate was 2 ruts in the snow... I purchaced a 1/2 pint of whiskey and I don't drink that stuff... took a hot bath as I have a leg missing and one has to watch out for the wayward soap when standing up... finally made it to Arizona . to a friends place in Rimrock.. it was so much warmer there..

took the south way home.. with much rain.. at least it didn't stick to my chest

bikeguy
08-19-2014, 10:53 PM
I don't care for the feet forward riding position at all but I love the look of the nose. It reminds me of an old Indy Roadster, in my mind the prettiest cars that ever raced at Indianapolis.

Cotton

den1953
08-20-2014, 05:13 AM
I'm thinking that from the seat you won't even notice the nose. The biggest benefit to the F3 will be heat management. The open sides and the huge front grille area and what appears to be side mount radiators will do wonders with dissipating engine heat away from the rider. On cruiser style motocycles big torquey engines that turn lower rpms are preferred because they can be short-shifted and still pull stongly. The 1330 ACE with six speeds is an ideal cruiser engine in those regards and the F3 is definitely a cruiser, not a sport bike.

bigsid
08-20-2014, 06:42 AM
Finally something different. Been a member since 2010. Have wanted a spyder since they came out. For me I didn't want a high rev motor so I didn't buy one. 2014 rt with new 1330 is nice but not my style. Now this new model is exactly what I am looking for and will most likely buy. I am in my late 50s and own a 2014 HD ultra limited which I will keep. MY style of bike has always been a laid back cruiser style. I think this will fit me perfectly. I thought about a slingshot but it is a car. Steering wheel, pedals, car motor and trans, etc. Even though the spyder is 3 wheels you still straddle it like a traditional motorcycle which I like.

dndfindley
08-20-2014, 07:12 AM
No doubt; the Slingshot is very nicely-priced. :thumbup:
But, do you buy your toys based solely upon price? :shocked:
I know that I don't... ;)
It's not a bike.
The Spyder isn't a bike.
They're aimed at different audiences, and I think that there's enough room for both! :2thumbs:

It's NOT an RS!

Bob Denman
08-20-2014, 07:18 AM

Just sayin'...........

The front end is the part of the bike that you can't see, while you've got the handlebars in front of you... :D

Raknid
08-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Before the Spyder that's the only posture I rode in. 1000 mile days were not an issue.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/10633269_769558176420789_495139448689983370_o.jpg

That's what makes this world beautiful and interesting...we all have different experiences and opinions. :-) The cruiser style ergo always give e a sore lower back and shoulders.

Lamonster
08-20-2014, 08:04 AM
That's what makes this world beautiful and interesting...we all have different experiences and opinions. :-) The cruiser style ergo always give e a sore lower back and shoulders.

And that's my exact point. The Spyder ergo's have been missing this one style of riding. Now pretty much all bases are covered. This is the styling I'm all about and everything else was a compromise for me. Not a bad thing but just not me. I'm very excited to get my hands on one of these and start customizing it.
:yes::2excited:

Fat Crip
08-20-2014, 08:08 AM
I've driven a number of Harley cruisers with forward controls and hated every one, but people must like them or they wouldn't build/sell them. Here though, the foot position looks really strained with ankles bent well past 90°.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lamonster
08-20-2014, 08:24 AM
I've driven a number of Harley cruisers with forward controls and hated every one, but people must like them or they wouldn't build/sell them. Here though, the foot position looks really strained with ankles bent well past 90°.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Everything on that Spyder lends itself to adjustment. That's why cruisers are so popular. For sure you can adjust the bars where you like them.

StealthSpyder
08-20-2014, 08:41 AM
what have you seen? I said what's in front of me.. My jacket was incrusted with ice... my hands shook when I asked for coffee .. the waitress took it to where I sat,, the local Law just stared at me.... I stuffed newspaper in my jacket.. and hit the road again...finally somewhere in New Mexico I had had enough... the interstate was 2 ruts in the snow... I purchaced a 1/2 pint of whiskey and I don't drink that stuff... took a hot bath as I have a leg missing and one has to watch out for the wayward soap when standing up... finally made it to Arizona . to a friends place in Rimrock.. it was so much warmer there..

took the south way home.. with much rain.. at least it didn't stick to my chest

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul..." :joke:

Bob Denman
08-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Lamont,
do you think that the cruiser style will translate well to the cornering of a Spyder?
With your feet out in front, and lateral forces trying to push you sideways off the seat... :dontknow:
Do you think that folks can get used to not having their feet under them? :shocked:

StealthSpyder
08-20-2014, 08:46 AM
It's NOT an RS!

Bob has already been sternly talked :lecturef_smilie: to about that remark! Lol :roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-20-2014, 08:48 AM
;) What do we know for sure at this point in time?? :dontknow: :D

Lamonster
08-20-2014, 08:56 AM
Lamont,
do you think that the cruiser style will translate well to the cornering of a Spyder?
With your feet out in front, and lateral forces trying to push you sideways off the seat... :dontknow:
Do you think that folks can get used to not having their feet under them? :shocked:

I would say 70% of the market is use to having their feet in front of them...that's why when a new guy sits on my Spyder the first thing they do is put their feet on my highway pegs.
As far as handling, well let me just say that :popcorn:

Bob Denman
08-20-2014, 09:02 AM
Thanks! :thumbup:
...And you can't us anything further???????????? :shocked:

BajaRon
08-20-2014, 09:03 AM
Lamont,

Can't speak for Lamont but I can say that the Suzuki M109R that I own has a feet forward, cruiser seating position. And while not ideal for cornering, it is amazingly good. The best position, of course, is the crotch rocket mode. But try doing 1,000 miles a day like that! :yikes:

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Other/M109rSm_zps7ef324fa.jpg http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Other/Race_zps78598739.jpg

KX5062
08-20-2014, 09:04 AM
What I haven't read yet, is if you look closely, it appears there are 3 different models being shown.

One base model. One "sport model" being the one with rally stripes, driving lights, and a fly screen. And one higher end, with chrome bling accents. If not distinctly different sub-models, then they are showing different accessories available from BRP. :ani29:

Bob Denman
08-20-2014, 09:08 AM
Can't speak for Lamont but I can say that the Suzuki M109R that I own has a feet forward, cruiser seating position. And while not ideal for cornering, it is amazingly good. The best position, of course, is the crotch rocket mode. But try doing 1,000 miles a day like that! :yikes:

Motorcycles corner differently... The leaning helps to plant your butt into the seat in the corners. :D

The Spyders: :shocked: not so much...

BajaRon
08-20-2014, 09:13 AM
A little off subject... But MAN! This thread has LEGS!

I go away for a little while and it's at 8k views. I come back a few hours later and it's at 9k. Then just a short while later it's over 10k. These are all NEW views! You only get counted once no matter how many times you look. To me that is an amazing number of unique views.

And it tells me there is a great deal of interest in this new model from BRP. Whether you love it or hate it, this is very good news for all of us.

If the product can live up to the hype, BRP has got a winner here and it's not even out of the barn yet.

Not bad at all BRP!

Motorcycles corner differently... The leaning helps to plant your butt into the seat in the corners. :D

The Spyders: :shocked: not so much...

Bob! You are on a roll! You're right again! Have you changed your medication or something? :roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-20-2014, 09:21 AM
A little off subject... But MAN! This thread has LEGS!
Bob! You are on a roll! You're right again! Have you changed your medication or something? :roflblack:

I'm feeling MUCH better now...93541

StealthSpyder
08-20-2014, 09:47 AM
I'm feeling MUCH better now...93541

Lol excellent! :shocked: :yikes:

rpatsh
08-20-2014, 09:47 AM
Lamont,

I have floor boards on my 2012 RT and ride with my feet forward most of the time. I actually feel better in the corners that way then with my feet under me. JMHO!

Bob Denman
08-20-2014, 09:57 AM
:2thumbs:
I'm one of those, "If my feet aren't under me; I must be nervous!", kind of riders...
That's why I needed to hear something from the other side of the fence! :thumbup:

bscrive
08-20-2014, 10:45 AM
Looking at the pictures again. I see in the 13th photo that the F3 is behind a bright red RT. I guess they may be bringing back that colour. v I always loved that red. Wish they had it on the ST.

P.S. The tubular frame is growing on me. Especially in orange.

jvicker
08-20-2014, 10:45 AM
I never liked the look of my GS from the front. LOVED the look from the sides and rear. Put a big ol windshield on it and it makes it look worse (right arntufun). Not to mention the ugly bug eye lights. IMHO.

:agree: with Ron:" I like my RS but really, I've been wanting a MORE RS... RS, if you know what I mean. I'm looking for a less refined, more In-Your-Face machine. I think that BRP is on to something by accentuating the frame and making it part of the look rather than the current Tupperware treatment. The long/low/mean 'Tank' treatment reminds me of something that I can't quite put my finger on yet. But I really like it."

The F3 look is awesome and if it can handle like my GS than I'm all over this!:thumbup:

Bob Denman
08-20-2014, 10:53 AM
Looking at the pictures again. I see in the 13th photo that the F3 is behind a bright red RT. I guess they may be bringing back that colour. v I always loved that red. Wish they had it on the ST.

P.S. The tubular frame is growing on me. Especially in orange.
:shocked: 93544

VERY nice catch!!! :clap: :firstplace: :2thumbs:

ataDude
08-20-2014, 12:01 PM
I like it! :ohyea:

Bob Denman
08-20-2014, 12:21 PM
:shocked: 'Dude...
Are you peeking over the fence for a reason??? :D :thumbup:

asp125
08-20-2014, 01:06 PM
So.. here's another fodder topic.

You know how most automakers have a similar design cue in its lineup? Fords have that Ford grill, Mazdas share some common look, etc. Where do you think Can Am is heading with the F3? Its such a styling departure from their current lineup that raises a question. Will future RS, ST and RTs be following this "catfish" mouthed look? Discuss...

ARtraveler
08-20-2014, 01:54 PM
New news??????? Just passing on what I heard today.

Came from dealer this AM. Salesman said BRP was going to make an announcement on the F3 in a day or so.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Lamonster
08-20-2014, 02:04 PM

Came from dealer this AM. Salesman said BRP was going to make an announcement on the F3 in a day or so.

Check back here in a couple of hours :doorag:

tigerdr
08-20-2014, 02:05 PM

It's planned for today (here in Quebec). Too many pics of the 2015 Spyder F3 are on Forums and Facebook. BRP will confirm the new 2015 F3 model.

Bob Denman
08-20-2014, 02:07 PM

:D :bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::2thumbs:

dguisinger
08-20-2014, 02:43 PM
As an RSS owner I am disappointed in what I see here.
I hope its not a replacement for the RS/RSS.

That said, the orange and black looks like it is a possible RSS replacement and that maybe the whole lineup got a new look.

It looks like a cross between a black and decker tool and a dodge charger.

I liked the old look, the front could have used a little more styling like the ST.
I just wanted a faster, more powerful RSS (and unlike mine, one that worked)

Very disappointed. I hope they surprise me, but instead of upgrading to a 2015 I may ditch my 2012 for a Slingshot.

Kratos
08-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Now we talking. I'll be lurking here all day......LOL.

ARtraveler
08-20-2014, 02:56 PM

That said, the orange and black looks like it is a possible RSS replacement and that maybe the whole lineup got a new look.

I liked the old look, the front could have used a little more styling like the ST.

Very disappointed. I hope they surprise me, but instead of upgrading to a 2015 I may ditch my 2012 for a Slingshot.

Hang in there. Most are guessing F3 is an addition to the line and not a replacement for the RS/RSS. :popcorn:

dguisinger
08-20-2014, 03:05 PM
Hang in there. Most are guessing F3 is an addition to the line and not a replacement for the RS/RSS. :popcorn:

I see that and agree... but the orange and black model scares me that they all have gotten a similar look / style.
I've had so many problems that my dealer has told me they'd twist BRPs arm to get a good price on a 2015 to get me out of the 2012.... but I really don't like the front end on this thing, even if the rest of the RSS keeps the same riding style...

(That said, what do you think my dealer means by saying get a good price out of BRP? We know BRP can discount a year old model by $4000.... for unending service visits, I would think BRP should at least offer a similar amount)

dndfindley
08-20-2014, 03:50 PM

I'm with you on this one.

SpyderGirl
08-20-2014, 03:52 PM
I am an original Spyder owner and still proudly ride my 2008 Premier Edition GS. I love this new Spyder! Not so sure about the feet forward riding, but I think with some aftermarket saddlebags and a windshield, this could easily replace my 2008. I look forward to seeing what aftermarket products become available for this.

It definitely seems geared towards the Harley/cruiser crowd. I never was a big fan of cruiser two-wheelers (I was a sport bike gal), but as a 3 wheeler, I could rock this. :)

otter28169
08-20-2014, 03:52 PM

A couple hours have passed.....................

Just sayin'............:gaah:

billybovine
08-20-2014, 03:55 PM
A couple hours have passed.....................

Just sayin'............:gaah:

You're looking at the wrong thread.

SpyderGirl
08-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Oh... and would you people PLEASE stop comparing this to the Slingshot. They are nothing alike. The Slingshot is a three-wheeled car.... this is a three-wheeled motorcycle. It's apples to oranges. I already have a car, I want a motorcycle and the Slingshot isn't it.... but THIS is! I'm going out of my mind waiting to hear more.

otter28169
08-20-2014, 03:59 PM
You're looking at the wrong thread.

Found it, thanks.
It has been a long day, and the ride home in the monsoon must have affected me more than I thought. Maybe another ride will straighten me out.

Just sayin'............

coz
08-20-2014, 04:02 PM
it is THE most comfortable of all riding positions. i don't really see it being a problem in the twisties either, unless you REALLY tear it up. i'm not a tearing it up kind of guy these days, but i have my moments. i look forward to an F3 test ride. :thumbup:

smoky
08-20-2014, 04:31 PM
it's been worked on with a dull can opener...serious riders will hang with the RTs....:bowdown:

Lamonster
08-20-2014, 04:45 PM
it's been worked on with a dull can opener...serious riders will hang with the RTs....:bowdown:

This serious rider is going with the F3. :doorag:

coz
08-20-2014, 05:14 PM
it's been worked on with a dull can opener...serious riders will hang with the RTs....:bowdown:that's some funny s#&t . i'm sure there are some .:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:. the f3 is for me.:thumbup: ps. i can't believe all the hate this new design is getting. it's likely to add thousands of new spyder riders. maybe some of them will actually like to ride.

Bob Denman
08-20-2014, 05:18 PM
I can't wait to try one on for size... :D :clap:

Dochands
08-20-2014, 05:23 PM
I am hoping that the pictures are still design camoflauge. Love the bigger engine if that is true but it is a ridiculous design if that is really it. We've gone from bike of the future to Klik and Klac's Garage Design Challenge. lol

jonjon1981
08-20-2014, 06:11 PM
So, I'm not a current Spyder owner, which may invalidate my opinion but this is exactly what I've been waiting for. I've been look at the RS and ST and not particularly thrilled with either but trying to decide which I could make work with the right accessories, etc. Then I see this, and this is it. I can see myself riding down to the coffee-shop or pizza joint on the weekend and feeling cool or badass or whatever and then hoping on it afterward and heading out of town for some enjoyable, casual riding. Hope this holds true. I was starting to lean toward a HD after spending ages looking at Spyders but now I'm back to Spyders and BRP almost certainly will have a customer in me when this comes out.

ARtraveler
08-20-2014, 06:15 PM
So, I'm not a current Spyder owner, which may invalidate my opinion but this is exactly what I've been waiting for. I've been look at the RS and ST and not particularly thrilled with either but trying to decide which I could make work with the right accessories, etc. Then I see this, and this is it. I can see myself riding down to the coffee-shop or pizza joint on the weekend and feeling cool or badass or whatever and then hoping on it afterward and heading out of town for some enjoyable, casual riding. Hope this holds true. I was starting to lean toward a HD after spending ages looking at Spyders but now I'm back to Spyders and BRP almost certainly will have a customer in me when this comes out.

:welcome: We have been discussing the F3 may entice a new bunch of riders interested in what BRP has to offer. For sure a change from the current lineup.

Bigtow
08-20-2014, 06:26 PM
I'm liking it so far..... Can't wait to try one out.....:clap::yes:

Greg H.
08-20-2014, 06:34 PM
This serious rider is going with the F3. :doorag:

I feel, I'm a serious rider. 3 Spyders in just shy of 6 years (Sept. 27th marks 6 years since I purchased my Spyder GS) Over 78,000 miles so far..... :)
.. It will be fun to see, as well, what the Spyder will be like when I'm ready to buy again!!!! :)

Yazz
08-20-2014, 07:59 PM
Love the new foot forward design! Looks like you can position the handlebars as high or low as you want them. (Maybe?)

Nothing like touring down the road, feet forward, the T-Bag as your backrest. Like sitting in a Lazy-Boy.

Yeah, people called my bike a bar-hopper, but I put some miles on her...

Would I trade Spydee up? Nope. Too many miles, too many memories.

Elembytes
08-20-2014, 08:23 PM
I like others hope they don't change all lines to be exactly like that, but I can surely see some great changes. The more open look---does away with any heat issues, if any were there. It might be easier for a lay person to work on, I say MAYBE, at least not having to mess with so much tupperware maybe.

My big concern is for leg position and short stature people like me!

Just my two cents worth but like Bob said, the clock is indeed ticking!!!! tic toc--:D

NetJunkie
08-20-2014, 08:26 PM
I like the naked look from the side a lot. The front...not loving it but it's growing on me. Need to see the lines in person. To me the front of the current Spyders is the worst angle. My RS-S looks much meaner from a 45 degree angle or the side than the bug-eyed front so maybe it'll be better.

My concern is that it doesn't look leaner than my RS-S. I'm ready to move up to more performance and at WORSE case I'd like to stay the same weight..this looks heavier in all the pics. So BRP "announced" it today but no specs. Yay.

ThreeWheels
08-20-2014, 08:32 PM
To me, it has the look of something the boys at PJD might have dreamed up.
Of course, I could be wrong. Senior did something even more outrageous.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

BajaRon
08-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Love the new foot forward design! Looks like you can position the handlebars as high or low as you want them. (Maybe?)

Nothing like touring down the road, feet forward, the T-Bag as your backrest. Like sitting in a Lazy-Boy.

Yeah, people called my bike a bar-hopper, but I put some miles on her...

Would I trade Spydee up? Nope. Too many miles, too many memories.

I'm not going to have to run against you on an F3 next year am I? :yikes:

kinggeek
08-21-2014, 01:02 PM
I like it a LOT better than the spy pics but need to see it in person before I can say if I really like it. Besides I JUST brought home a 2014 ST-S that I LOVE!