PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand cancer

jScotD
08-16-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm 66 , he's 65....thyroid .. they are going to remove it..strongest person I know ........

he's riding his bicycle 30 miles a day to make himself stronger for what he is going to endure...

doesn't smoke drinks little

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EpBU8QG1Ag

cuznjohn
08-16-2014, 10:07 PM
cancer really sucks, i got prostate cancer when i was 46 and am a survivor for 17 years now. thyroid cancer runs in my family and the few that got it are fine. so best of luck to him and god bless

acinpcola
08-16-2014, 10:40 PM
I just recently had Squamous Cell cancer removed from my face, the doctor went deep to ensure they got it all. Am hoping that it does not pop up elsewhere. May the Angels watch over him and give him the healing strength to get through the procedure.

:pray::pray:

Netminder
08-16-2014, 11:01 PM
Had throat cancer 3 yrs ago, going into year 4 as a survivor. Wish you both the very best! And sending :pray::pray:.

Chupaca
08-16-2014, 11:15 PM
or why it attacks the way it does with no rhyme or reason..wish him all the best..:pray::pray:

ARtraveler
08-16-2014, 11:37 PM
or why it attacks the way it does with no rhyme or reason..wish him all the best..:pray::pray:

:agree: x 2

Bob Denman
08-17-2014, 06:54 AM
Prayers going out to him and his family... :pray:
I LIKE his way of thinking! :thumbup: By preparing himslef for this ordeal; he's set the tone for a strong positive attitude. This will help a lot with what lies ahead.

bmccaffrey
08-17-2014, 08:08 AM
Prayers and thoughts are with you:pray:

Dan McNally
08-17-2014, 08:56 AM
Prayers . . . It is important that he remain positive. A longtime friend who worked as a surgical nurse for an oncologist said the folks who were confident they were going to beat it, most often did . . . and the folks who threw up their hands and gave up, most often didn't beat it. Colon cancer is rampant in my family. My oldest daughter was diagnosed with stage 4 at 42 years old.

bruiser
08-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Cancer sees no age, color, race, religion. I've seen eight of the guys I was stationed with pass from it. One just recently. My oldest brother died at age 51 from pancreatic cancer. My dad died at age 81 from lung cancer. We have a close friend who is currently cancer free after a four year battle with stage four colon cancer. As I've said before, there are very few things that scare me. Cancer scares the H*ll out of me.

Prayers to the family.

03hdjill
08-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Cancer runs in my family, also. It really sucks!

Yazz
08-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Don't have a thyroid due to anti-bodies. Make sure the docs test T4 an T3 vs. TSH after the operation. Will make a big difference in his quality of life.

Sending healing and loving prayers...

johnnyrocket
08-17-2014, 08:49 PM
I'm 66 , he's 65....thyroid .. they are going to remove it..strongest person I know ........

he's riding his bicycle 30 miles a day to make himself stronger for what he is going to endure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EpBU8QG1Ag

A word of encouragement: I had thyroid cancer removed 12 and a half years ago. Still here because of prayers, attitude and a good doctor. Yearly checkups and all is still good. :pray::pray::pray: for you both.

mxz600
08-18-2014, 04:27 PM

Sorry to hear this news. It sounds like he is ready for the battle, and it is a battle. Your brother and entire family are in my thoughts.

Cancer is everywhere and it touches everybody. My wife lost her grandmothers and two aunts to breast cancer and her mother is a breast cancer survivor.

I lost my father, grandfather, an aunt and my wife. I am a cancer survivor, it's been five+ years for me.

Bob Denman
08-18-2014, 04:56 PM
Cancer is everywhere and it touches everybody. My wife lost her grandmothers and two aunts to breast cancer and her mother is a breast cancer survivor.
I lost my father, grandfather, an aunt and my wife. I am a cancer survivor, it's been five+ years for me.

:agree: I lost m Gramma Denman, and my best ATV-riding buddy... :shocked:

I'm glad to hear that you're a battler! :clap: :thumbup:

And I'm so sorry to hear of the terrible losses that you've had to endure... :shocked: :pray: