PDA

View Full Version : The wait may be over

Spyderman62
09-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Called the dealer today (Holzhauer in S. ILL) MY Spyder is in transit. :2thumbs: Should be riding it this weekend they said. Will update as things transpire. They also said that 5 other dealers have machines on the same truck. So hopefully that means a lot of other people will be getting Spyders soon.

drifter
09-30-2008, 04:57 PM
:congrats: Hope one of them is comming to Charleston, SC.

GI Jane
09-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Hope one is on the way to Alabama too! Visited my dealer today; I'm next up to get one. BTW he also said that they are taking no more orders for this year.

Roaddog2
09-30-2008, 06:39 PM
:2thumbs:welcome:clap::congrats::cheers:

Smylinacha
09-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Called the dealer today (Holzhauer in S. ILL) MY Spyder is in transit. :2thumbs: Should be riding it this weekend they said. Will update as things transpire. They also said that 5 other dealers have machines on the same truck. So hopefully that means a lot of other people will be getting Spyders soon.
:clap::doorag:

BeRight
09-30-2008, 07:18 PM
:congrats::cheers:

hondaman
09-30-2008, 09:02 PM
I wonder how many they can fit on one truck?I want one.

FANG
09-30-2008, 09:07 PM
:congrats: Hope your ryde arrives soon. Stay safe on 3 wheels. :clap:

gjco
09-30-2008, 09:31 PM
:2thumbs::congrats::yes:

caymanbob
09-30-2008, 10:12 PM
I got the call today my SE5 is at the Dealer, picking it up Thursday. I ordered it in April with a delivery date of Nov. 30th.I think they are pushing them out sooner to avoid cancellations.Good for me and I hope for you.

Good day
CaymanBOB

retread
09-30-2008, 10:17 PM
:congrats:welcome:congrats:

Lamonster
10-01-2008, 03:11 AM
:congrats::yes::spyder:

caymanbob
10-01-2008, 07:34 PM
I thank everyone for the well wishes. Little nervous first time out but I did okay on the test ride but it was shorten because it started raining heavy.
Do most of you wear the full safety gear- helmet-leather coat gloves boots etc.???

Good day
CaymanBOB

NancysToy
10-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Do most of you wear the full safety gear- helmet-leather coat gloves boots etc.???

CaymanBOB
I usually do, but I also ride motorcycles more frequently than the Spyder, and went down hard a few years back. The marks on my gear convinced me that shortcuts were not a good idea. Unconscious for four hours beats dead on a slab any day! My wife always wore her full gear riding bikes two-up, and that habit has carried over to her Spyder. Better safe than sorry, in my opinion. I'll step down from my soap box now.
-Scotty

ataDude
10-01-2008, 08:12 PM
I usually do, but I also ride motorcycles more frequently than the Spyder, and went down hard a few years back. The marks on my gear convinced me that shortcuts were not a good idea. Unconscious for four hours beats dead on a slab any day! My wife always wore her full gear riding bikes two-up, and that habit has carried over to her Spyder. Better safe than sorry, in my opinion. I'll step down from my soap box now.
-Scotty

Like Scotty, I've been down hard twice with lots of broken bones and hospital days. You're very unlikely to do a low-side on the Spyder, but if you do a high-side, it will not be pretty.

Dress for the crash... not the ride.