PDA

View Full Version : brake light stays on

Larry t
08-15-2014, 03:36 PM
anyone know the service bulletin number for this, says something about replacing switch and bracket

cuznjohn
08-15-2014, 03:44 PM
what year and type of spyder is it, i had the problem on my 13 rt and there was no fix or recall for it

Chupaca
08-15-2014, 04:50 PM
your profiles lists nothing. You can start by checking the brake switches at the pedal and the master cylinders. Spray some contact cleaners and adjust as needed. Call your dealer with vin # to see if there are any updates needed to be done...:thumbup:

SNOOPY
08-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Take your foot off the brake. :thumbup:

Lol

Larry t
08-15-2014, 09:07 PM
In other threads it has been discussed that STs have a problem with dirt getting into the switch.
It's a warranty issue.
I know it is warranty that's why nI wanted the service bulletin number my dealer can't seem to find it

Larry t
08-15-2014, 09:08 PM
what year and type of spyder is it, i had the problem on my 13 rt and there was no fix or recall for it

it is a 2013 st, that why I posted in st forum

SNOOPY
08-15-2014, 09:16 PM
I haven't heard of this issue, would like to know what they find.

Thanks for posting.

JKMSPYDER
08-16-2014, 06:41 AM
Larry it's probably your brake light switch. It tends to get dirt or grit in it and starts sticking. Mine is being replaced now by my dealer under warranty.

Larry t
08-16-2014, 09:44 AM
I haven't heard of this issue, would like to know what they find.

Thanks for posting.

was on a trip, dealer in S Dakota said bulletin says replace switch and some bracket but he didn't have parts I couldn't wait a week for them so I took it to my local dealer, they are looking for bulletin

billybovine
08-16-2014, 09:53 AM
was on a trip, dealer in S Dakota said bulletin says replace switch and some bracket but he didn't have parts I couldn't wait a week for them so I took it to my local dealer, they are looking for bulletin

I don't remember the actual bulletin or it's number have ever been posted on this board before. It has been mentioned in another thread that one exists. Tell the dealer to look again. It will be there in BOSS web.

Fat Crip
08-16-2014, 10:03 AM
My dealer in the UK told me there's an 'official' fix that simply involves taking a few mm off the rubber bumper that the brake pedal rests on with a Stanley knife.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

billybovine
08-16-2014, 10:10 AM
My dealer in the UK told me there's an 'official' fix that simply involves taking a few mm off the rubber bumper that the brake pedal rests on with a Stanley knife.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That is for units that have the problem brand new. Pulling up on the pedal will turn the light off. When it happens a year later it is a different cause. Pulling up on the brake pedal does not turn the light off.

Bob Denman
08-16-2014, 11:35 AM
The switches are about a hundred bucks...:shocked:
Bought one for my RT after the warranty died from old age... ;)

clueless
08-19-2014, 05:21 PM
mine is sticking. if you tap the switch with your foot it goes out.

there is a Technical Svc Notice (TSN) I think it is called. not a TSB tech svc builletin or a recall.

it depends on your build date of your ST if they replace also the plate.

pwpalmbay
10-17-2014, 07:07 AM
it is a 2013 st, that why I posted in st forum

Good comeback.

Larry t
10-17-2014, 10:45 AM
anyone know the service bulletin number for this, says something about replacing switch and bracket

dealer replaced switch and bracket, problem solved:yes: