CincySpyder
09-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Who wants to ride? I am in Cincinnati:2thumbs:

Tim Harman
10-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Hello :2thumbs:

Antonio
06-22-2009, 09:32 PM
How you doing? I am also in Cincinnati drop me a line if you want to go for a ride somtimes. 513-349-7777 I am in the Forest Park area.

Questions
11-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Just south of Dayton :2thumbs:

Country Spyder
11-29-2009, 03:15 PM
So what is just south of Cincy? I am in Lebanon.

CS

Questions
11-29-2009, 03:54 PM
South of Dayton, I'm in Centerville, close to Springboro.

ArmyJoe
11-29-2009, 05:53 PM
So what is just south of Cincy?

Kentucky

MH 06
12-01-2009, 06:57 AM
In Columbus - but willing to make the trek to Cincinnati on the next warm weekend (if we have another one).:pray:

Bootie
04-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Hey Guys,
I am up here in Northern, OH (Akron) and would be amenable to riding. I could get to Columbus. Some of the best riding is over near Ohio University and Hocking Hills. Anybody going there?:thumbup:

bonehead
07-04-2010, 09:46 AM
My wife and I both ride and live here in Fairfield,oh
513-310-5559

NITSPYDER
07-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Bonehead, did I see you spyder in middletown getting a juice box pro put on?? Mine was in there at the same time!

bonehead
07-12-2010, 07:58 PM
WHAT BIKE WAS YOURS

yeap i had them put a JBP on, the bike was running like crap. was your bike there getting black rims on itwelcome

NITSPYDER
07-13-2010, 05:22 PM
IT IS RED AND BLACK, THEY WERE PUTTING BLACK WHEELS ON IT AND INSTALLING THE JUICE BOX, THEY DIDNT TUNE THE JUICE BOX CORRECTLY SO WHEN I CAME HOME I REMAPPED MINE WITH MY LAPTOP.

bonehead
07-13-2010, 06:22 PM
they dids mine too, but when i got home i changed it back to posotion 3 and it runs perfect.
how did you re-map.

NITSPYDER
07-13-2010, 08:44 PM
I LEANED MINE OUT ALITTLE BETWEEN 5 AND 8K RPMS, SEEMS TO RUN REALLY GOOD, BIG TORQUE DIFFERENCE, I THINK I AM GOING TO GET THE COLD AIR KIT FROM KEWLMETAL, I DO NOTICE THAT THE BIKE RUNS HOT AND MAYBE LOSING THAT BULKY AIR FILTER HOUSING WILL LET SOME MUCH NEEDED AIR IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT.

bonehead
07-15-2010, 07:44 PM
if u have foglights you'll to remove them to MMG AIR TUBE

NITSPYDER
07-17-2010, 04:50 PM
I AM GOING TO USE THE EVOLUZIONE COLD AIR KIT, SHOULD SOUND PRETTY COOL, WHO KNOWS, I AM A CAR GUY, I AM JUST LEARNING ON THIS BIKE ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM EVERYTHING ELSE. I HAVENT BEEN HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE AT MIDDLETOWN, I REALLY DONT THINK THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING, HOW WAS YOUR SERVICE VISIT?

pierrelogic
07-17-2010, 08:11 PM
I AM GOING TO USE THE EVOLUZIONE COLD AIR KIT, SHOULD SOUND PRETTY COOL, WHO KNOWS, I AM A CAR GUY, I AM JUST LEARNING ON THIS BIKE ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM EVERYTHING ELSE. I HAVENT BEEN HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE AT MIDDLETOWN, I REALLY DONT THINK THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING, HOW WAS YOUR SERVICE VISIT?

Really? :yikes:

I have nothing but good things to say about Russ n Co at Middletown. In fact I gave them high marks, enough to say they should be considered one of those few and far between "real" BRP dealers that treat their customers the right way on this forum.

I would be VERY interested in your experience..including any details. Believe me, I am willing to drive to their front door to have a one-on-one talk with Aaron the owner about it. nojoke

(That's worth the 200 miles round trip for me to get answers) If they treated you bad I'd like to give them and legitimate chance to make it right or they will lose my endorsement too.

Country Spyder
07-17-2010, 08:56 PM
I second logic!!

Russ and the crew at Middletown has been nothing but great! It my be the new Renegade that I just bough from them, but they always take great care of me!!!

Just remeber that BRP supply chain issues should not be taken out on the bike shops...

:2thumbs:

Thanks MC!!!

anyone up for a ride if the temp ever drops below 85?

CS

NITSPYDER
07-17-2010, 09:47 PM
First off my juice box settings were wrong when I got the bike back, I just purchased it 2 weeks ago, I put 500 miles on the first week so I let them do the first service, I purchased phantom wheels so I had them install them at the same time. Sales guy lied to me at the time of purchase, when I got the bike back from the first service with the new wheels there was a terrible vibration at 60mph, so that tells me they didnt test drive the bike to check their work. I took it back that following sunday and dropped it off because the black sprocket cover was wrong so I had them address the vibration at the same time. I got the bike back Thursday, still have the same vibration, same speed, same everything. I guess my expectations are a little high, I have been in automotive service departments my whole adult life and I guess I expect to be treated the same way I have treated my customers over the years but I cant say that I would recommend them at this point. I guess its a disappointment more than anything that I just dropped over 20k in their dealership and my brand new bike has a vibration due to no wheel weights on the back wheel!! I will handle the vibration myself at this point and hope that they can improve their service department. I do love my bike though!!

pierrelogic
07-18-2010, 12:38 AM
First off my juice box settings were wrong when I got the bike back, I just purchased it 2 weeks ago, I put 500 miles on the first week so I let them do the first service, I purchased phantom wheels so I had them install them at the same time. Sales guy lied to me at the time of purchase, when I got the bike back from the first service with the new wheels there was a terrible vibration at 60mph, so that tells me they didnt test drive the bike to check their work. I took it back that following sunday and dropped it off because the black sprocket cover was wrong so I had them address the vibration at the same time. I got the bike back Thursday, still have the same vibration, same speed, same everything. I guess my expectations are a little high, I have been in automotive service departments my whole adult life and I guess I expect to be treated the same way I have treated my customers over the years but I cant say that I would recommend them at this point. I guess its a disappointment more than anything that I just dropped over 20k in their dealership and my brand new bike has a vibration due to no wheel weights on the back wheel!! I will handle the vibration myself at this point and hope that they can improve their service department. I do love my bike though!!

PM sent...

You do realize there is the possibility your rear wheel actually did not require any balancing weights to be balanced. The vibration could be due to something else completely. Did you specifically TELL them the vibration was at 60 MPH?

I'm in shock the same place that treats me like a king could treat someone else so bad. :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: This kind of thing really bothers me and once I get more details about the situation I will confront Aaron the owner face-to-face. If the complaint is legitimate and they really are snubbing their collective noses at a customer, I'm all for jumping on the bandwagon to burn them at the stake. But not before giving them a chance to make it right.

there are three sides to every story...yours, theirs, and the facts. nojoke

NITSPYDER
07-18-2010, 08:34 AM
I EVEN HELPED THEM DIAGNOSE IT, LIKE I SAID I WAS A SERVICE MANAGER FOR TEN YEARS, I KNOW HOW TO CONVEY A ISSUE WITH SOMETHING WHERE STEVIE WONDER COULD EVEN SEE IT. I EVEN TOLD HIM I HAD THE BIKE UP TO 60 MPH AND PUT IT IN NEUTRAL AND THE VIBRATION WAS STILL THERE, WHICH WOULD INDICATE A WHEEL/TIRE ISSUE. I ASKED IF HE CHECKED BELT TENSION, HE SAID YES, BESIDES THOSE 2 THINGS WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE?? NO VIBRATION BEFORE WHEELS AND TIRES, NOW THERES A VIBRATION. AFTER I BALANCE THE REAR TIRE TOMORROW, I WILL LET ALL KNOW THE RESULTS. I AM 100 PERCENT SURE THATS THE ISSUE. THEN I AM GOING TO MAKE A PHONE CALL TO MIDDLETOWN AND THEY CAN SEND ME 120 BUCKS FOR THE MOUNT AND BALANCING OF THE TIRES THAT THEY CHARGED. I DONT REALLY EVER GET WORK DONE ANYWHERE I JUST DO IT MYSELF AND I HAVE SUCH HIGH EXPECTATIONS THEY COULD BE A LITTLE HARD TO MEET. BUT WHEN WE ALL SPEND THIS KIND OF MONEY ON A RECREATIONAL VEHICLE SHOULDNT WE HAVE HIGH EXPECTATIONS?

NITSPYDER
07-18-2010, 08:40 AM
ALSO IN MY BUSINESS NOW, WHICH IS STILL CAR BUSINESS, IF I HAD A CUSTOMER THAT JUST BOUGHT A CAR AND THEY HAD A ISSUE LIKE THIS YOU CAN BET THEY WOULD HAVE ALREADY MADE A BBB OR ATTORNEY GENERAL COMLAINT. I HAVENT BEEN CRAPPY WITH THEM AT ALL, I HAVE BEEN AGREEABLE AND TRIED NOT TO LOSE MY TEMPER OR BE A JACKASS. RUSS IS A NICE BUY AND SEEMS TO MEAN WELL BUT RESULTS ARE RESULTS AND WHEN YOU ARE STILL HAVING THE SAME ISSUE THAT YOU TOOK THE BIKE IN FOR THERE IS A PROBLEM.

pierrelogic
07-18-2010, 11:35 AM
PM sent...

Appreciate your candor. No one but the owner can make things right and I find it extremely hard to believe if Aaron knew about all this crap (and the bad publicity he's getting about it) he would fall all over himself to make it right with you.

So did you speak with Aaron?? :popcorn:

ALSO IN MY BUSINESS NOW, WHICH IS STILL CAR BUSINESS, IF I HAD A CUSTOMER THAT JUST BOUGHT A CAR AND THEY HAD A ISSUE LIKE THIS YOU CAN BET THEY WOULD HAVE ALREADY MADE A BBB OR ATTORNEY GENERAL COMLAINT. I HAVENT BEEN CRAPPY WITH THEM AT ALL, I HAVE BEEN AGREEABLE AND TRIED NOT TO LOSE MY TEMPER OR BE A JACKASS. RUSS IS A NICE BUY AND SEEMS TO MEAN WELL BUT RESULTS ARE RESULTS AND WHEN YOU ARE STILL HAVING THE SAME ISSUE THAT YOU TOOK THE BIKE IN FOR THERE IS A PROBLEM.

NITSPYDER
07-18-2010, 11:46 AM
No I try not to whine about things if I can help from it, thats why I didnt even tell bonehead the whole story I just asked if the service he got was up to his standard. I am really not trying to give them bad press but if they cant balance tires how can I expect them to fix something major that happens. I guess its more of a trust issue than anything.

pierrelogic
07-18-2010, 02:03 PM
No I try not to whine about things if I can help from it, thats why I didnt even tell bonehead the whole story I just asked if the service he got was up to his standard. I am really not trying to give them bad press but if they cant balance tires how can I expect them to fix something major that happens. I guess its more of a trust issue than anything.

Well...you are giving them bad press regardless if that is your intention or not. If it's deserved...I'm backing YOU up 100%!!!.

However...not speaking with Aaron about this to give him a chance to "make it right" with you the customer before posting the bad press on a forum really isn't the right way to handle the situation either. :lecturef_smilie:

I just call it like I see it. I'm sending all this info to Aaron. Keith the guy I spoke with said they are VERY much interested in pleasing their customers and suggested I let Aaron know about your experiences. For what's with worth...the salesman you mentioned doesn't work at Middletown anymore.

NITSPYDER
07-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Yeah I knew that, he called me and asked me to get him a job?? What kinda f&*()&^ nerve does this guy have?? He knew that I deal with almost all the large dealers and auctions in the cincy area and thought I might be able to help him out. I appreciate your concern about the situation but I didnt really want to bash anybody, our converstion during q&a has kinda turned that way tho. All I want from that dealer is to take care of my bike as if it were their own. I guarantee nobody wants to ride a motorcycle that has any kind of vibration at highway speeds. If Aaron would like to contact me or anyone else they are more than welcome, I feel that I gave the service department ample time to repair the bike, 3 1/2 days to install a sprocket cover and balance tires is plenty, especially on a bike that they just put the wheels and tires on a couple days earlier. In my business thats called a "comeback", and usually those customers get in and out the fastest. Maybe I am off base by comparing them to a automotive service department.

bonehead
07-18-2010, 04:54 PM
I have a had nothin but good service from these people so far! That doesn't mean it can't be bad. Russ and Aaron have been good to me and my wife, we both bought Spyders there and love them so far. The only thing was that with the TBR slip on they said that the need for any fuel management system would not be need, well that was far from the truth on my bike, but i added the K/N and bought a JBP and they did the install for free, so i feel very good about the out come. I aslo asked about updates and they dropped what they were doin and checked and did two updates while i waited. I don't know how long this friendly service will go but i can't say a ba d thing about them. I hope SERVICE AT MIDDLETOWN is not like some of the issues i have read about here on this forum.:spyder2:

NITSPYDER
07-18-2010, 05:03 PM
I hope I can get some of the good service you got, they charged me 75 dollars to install the juice box, while they were doing the service and had the plastic off!! I am glad everyone thinks good of them, maybe I have had just a couple random bad dealings. I can say that I like Carl in there parts dept, I havent ever talked to Aaron, but Russ is a good guy, I think my situation just got a little mismanaged.

bonehead
07-19-2010, 05:21 AM
well know as well as i do that service ( especially the service manager) people and the most hated and loved people in any place that works on a vehicle, i try and be cool but some what forceful, in my needs and usually get what i need? Hope they are better for u in the future.

NITSPYDER
07-19-2010, 05:51 PM
For all of you that have been following this thread, I took the rear tire and got it balanced today, problem solved. The wheel did not have any weights on it, whether they fell off or what who knows but I am just glad that the bike is fixed. I had one of my friends set up the belt tension and everything seems fine. No idea how this was overlooked during service but everyone makes mistakes!

pierrelogic
07-19-2010, 09:27 PM
For all of you that have been following this thread, I took the rear tire and got it balanced today, problem solved. The wheel did not have any weights on it, whether they fell off or what who knows but I am just glad that the bike is fixed. I had one of my friends set up the belt tension and everything seems fine. No idea how this was overlooked during service but everyone makes mistakes!

Really? Nice friend to have that expensive belt tension gauge in his toolbox. nojoke

Still, overlooking balancing weights...that's not a minor thing. Looks like I'm going for a road trip this weekend to chat with Aaron. He needs to know about this in order to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm just going to assume NITSPYDER isn't going to tell him. :popcorn:

NITSPYDER
07-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Why would you assume that I am not going to talk to him?? He called me today and I missed the call, I will call him back tomorrow morning after I go to the auction. The tool my friend has prolly isnt the same as the "special tool" that I hear is required but he has had several motorcycles and has built several also. Rest assured I am a grown man and dont need you to speak up for me, you took it upon yourself to involve yourself so deeply in my situation, it makes me wonder exactly what your motive is, while you are down this way feel free to let me know and we can speak in person. It almost seems that you are saying that I am lying about the situation, I hope thats not the case, but it does seem so. nojoke

pierrelogic
07-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Why would you assume that I am not going to talk to him?? He called me today and I missed the call, I will call him back tomorrow morning after I go to the auction. The tool my friend has prolly isnt the same as the "special tool" that I hear is required but he has had several motorcycles and has built several also. Rest assured I am a grown man and dont need you to speak up for me, you took it upon yourself to involve yourself so deeply in my situation, it makes me wonder exactly what your motive is, while you are down this way feel free to let me know and we can speak in person. It almost seems that you are saying that I am lying about the situation, I hope thats not the case, but it does seem so. nojoke

Not saying you didn't experience some terrible service at all...but things just do not seem to add up is all I'm saying. :dontknow: And my assumption you were not going to take this up with Aaron is based squarely on the fact you've yet to do it. You basically took it in for service, got mad and walked out without saying much to anyone.

Why I involved myself and what my motive is actually very simple. I put my reputation on the line as well by recommending Middletown Cycle to others. I don't do that lightly! Especially since they are my go-to dealer. And if there's a change in status that should be identified and I think others should know that as well since there are so few BRP dealers that deserve recommendations. I do think the fact Aaron called you speaks volumns in your situation. Hopefully you'll give him a chance to listen to your concerns...but of course that is your choice. :D

I would look forward to meeting you while in the area. Will probably be heading your direction either this Sat or Sun. I'll PM you. I'm always in for a road trip to Middletown. I have stopped in there before only to say hi to the crew. Keeping a good relationship with a service department is a two way street!

NITSPYDER
07-20-2010, 06:25 AM
I am not sure about your calculator but everything should add up just fine. Russ knew my bike wasnt fixed, he told me to ride it and tell him what I thought, it still had the vibration, I didnt leave it there because I wanted my brand new bike bike to ride so I got the rear tire balanced, it was the only one with no weights. I knew it had to be a out of balance tire, I didnt talk to Aaron because I wanted to have all the facts. The fact is the balance fixed it. Maybe they need different weights who knows but my bike is fixed and I am happy. I just want to trust those guys with my bike for warranty repairs, I am sure I can take care of the rest. I will speak with Aaron today and I do appreciate his phone call. From this point I dont really want to talk about it anymore, if you want t o talk about the 3000 dollars worth of cool **** I just added to it and how I deleted my rear fender yesterday we can talk about that but there is no use beating this dead horse anymore. Thanks for all your support!

NITSPYDER
07-20-2010, 06:29 AM
By the way that tool my friend has is your common tool to check tension, pro motion maybe, he looked up the specs per the bulletin and did his own math to calculate the tension, I would be willing to bet its pretty damn close. The tool is 30 bucks, I just ordered one for myself. No need for the sonic meter thats 500. Once I figure out how to do it myself I will post the directions for all the do it yourselfers!

dancogan
07-20-2010, 07:01 AM
...I just ordered one for myself. No need for the sonic meter thats 500. Once I figure out how to do it myself I will post the directions for all the do it yourselfers!

I'd love to see that. Good luck in figuring it out. :thumbup:

pierrelogic
07-20-2010, 10:33 AM
By the way that tool my friend has is your common tool to check tension, pro motion maybe, he looked up the specs per the bulletin and did his own math to calculate the tension, I would be willing to bet its pretty damn close. The tool is 30 bucks, I just ordered one for myself. No need for the sonic meter thats 500. Once I figure out how to do it myself I will post the directions for all the do it yourselfers!

THIS (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18927&highlight=tension+tool) may help
More info (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18551&highlight=tension+tool)
Some pix of tool (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19032&highlight=tension+tool)

good luck!

NITSPYDER
07-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Its not too hard depending on your mechanical capabilities, I did talk to Aaron today and he assured me that if my bike is in for service that it will be handled with care. I do appreciate that he understood my point and I def understand how things happen in a service dept. Hopefully he can help me out on some add on parts and give me a good deal, thats all you can ever ask for.

bonehead
07-20-2010, 07:03 PM
ITS all in how u approach them, sounds like you'll getting some goodies like I did. i would like to see some pix of you bike and your new fender.:congrats::2thumbs::2thumbs::spyder2::spyde r2:

NITSPYDER
07-20-2010, 07:07 PM
I will post some in the next couple days, I got the lic plate relocate from evoluzione, couple of chrome and billet pieces and the all black wheels, looks pretty cool. I think my next thing is going to be new grips and pegs. I like the xoprodux stuff. I really like the color combo on your bike. It looked really sharp in the shop that day.

bonehead
07-20-2010, 08:18 PM
i I went with the widow pegs front and rear, looking uo the xoptodox stuff now, never heard of them, are you still the forced air duct, i thought about it but liked my fog lights better.

NITSPYDER
07-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Go on meancycles.com, i think i am going to get the black pegs and grips with the spikes on the end, they are a tad pricey, it will be around 450 bucks but i think it will be a nice upgrade. I have the exoluzione cold air kit, no tubes required, I am struggling alittle with the tune, should have it figured out soon tho. PM me some time and we will take a ride.

bonehead
07-21-2010, 05:23 AM
Good luck with tune What part of town are you in>

NITSPYDER
07-21-2010, 07:16 AM
Same as you fairfield, I my main office is on rt 4!