PDA

View Full Version : Noticed something weird on my new 14 today??

3 Wheel Addict
08-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Bike don't even have 500 miles yet and noticed something weird. When the bike is downshifting on its own if you watch the gear numbers close sometimes there is an "E" displayed in there. What's up with that?? It doesn't miss shifts or skip gears and it's running flawlessly. I noticed it twice today and it only does it downshifting.

Jeriatric
08-13-2014, 08:58 PM
Sounds like the GPS (gear position sensor) may have a problem. Warranty work...most likely.

Bob Denman
08-13-2014, 09:00 PM
:agree: :shocked: "Error", is not a great thing to see displayed...

Chupaca
08-13-2014, 09:49 PM
but if the sensor notices the position is off it will show the E. Looks like as it shifts the E pops up while getting to the next gear. Watch it, if by the dealer ask about it. :dontknow:

ARtraveler
08-14-2014, 01:46 AM
Have not been watching the gears change down, I just let the downshifts happen.

Now you have my interest. I will give it a good look when I go on tomorrow's ryde.

billybovine
08-14-2014, 08:34 AM
It could be the display is being updated during the transition time between one gear and the next and this shows up temporarily as an E.

That should be an easy for BRP. Someone needs to write a couple new lines of code.

Bob Denman
08-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Have not been watching the gears change down, I just let the downshifts happen.

:agree: I try to actually look where I'm going... :D

Jim&Teresa
08-14-2014, 09:04 AM
I have about 8,000 trouble free miles on my 2014 RT Limited. :D:D I did see an E (flashed up for a second - not very long) indicated a couple times when shifting.:shocked: Never caused a problem and have not seen it in the last several thousand miles. The Tech may have adjusted something during my first service but never mentioned it. That was about 5,000 miles ago....so all looks fine here. If I see it again, it will go back to the dealer for a service check to insure all is well. :thumbup:

Dragonrider
08-14-2014, 09:21 AM
Only occurs when I let the nanny shift (rarely), never when I do the work...

PW2013STL
08-14-2014, 04:22 PM
I have about 8,000 trouble free miles on my 2014 RT Limited. :D:D I did see an E (flashed up for a second - not very long) indicated a couple times when shifting.:shocked: Never caused a problem and have not seen it in the last several thousand miles. The Tech may have adjusted something during my first service but never mentioned it. That was about 5,000 miles ago....so all looks fine here. If I see it again, it will go back to the dealer for a service check to insure all is well. :thumbup:

Congrats on your milage :yes:

Now that my Spyder is down you have a chance to pass me. I am only at 10,400.

Back to he OP's question I also have noticed the E. One time when I was shifting to fast I got an E that made me wait for it to clear before I could shift again.

Bob Denman
08-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Did they track you down a new rear caliper yet? :shocked:

Jim&Teresa
08-14-2014, 06:19 PM
Congrats on your milage :yes:

Now that my Spyder is down you have a chance to pass me. I am only at 10,400.

Back to he OP's question I also have noticed the E. One time when I was shifting to fast I got an E that made me wait for it to clear before I could shift again.

Thanks Les....rear tire being replaced next Tuesday as I'm running on a "slick" on the back...got the most out of it! :roflblack: I don't think I'll catch you on the mileage even though you have your Spyder in the shop! Looks like I can learn from you (again) on mods/maintenance on the Spyder....you helped me a lot on the Tri Axis bars....now you're teaching me something on the rear brake pad change! Wow, I think you need to stay ahead of me in the mileage department as your learnings are really helping me.....LOL. :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

PW2013STL
08-14-2014, 07:48 PM
Did they track you down a new rear caliper yet? :shocked:

The shop ordered a new one and I was told it should be there tomorrow so I will be calling them tomorrow afternoon to check on it. Keeping my fingers crossed since we are to leave Thursday morning for the Wisconsin event.

PW2013STL
08-14-2014, 07:51 PM
Thanks Les....rear tire being replaced next Tuesday as I'm running on a "slick" on the back...got the most out of it! :roflblack: I don't think I'll catch you on the mileage even though you have your Spyder in the shop! Looks like I can learn from you (again) on mods/maintenance on the Spyder....you helped me a lot on the Tri Axis bars....now you're teaching me something on the rear brake pad change! Wow, I think you need to stay ahead of me in the mileage department as your learnings are really helping me.....LOL. :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Happy to help :shocked:

Jim,
Now that it is a slick it should be easier to do that burnout :b2b:

Bob Denman
08-15-2014, 07:12 AM
Keeping mine crossed for you as well! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_107v.gif

murphybrown
08-15-2014, 09:52 AM
At start up.'14 wants a smidge more time..if I don't allow enough seconds (yes seconds) for engine/transmission to warm and I either put in R or 1...the E will appear...motor hesitation or flat dies...like I said seconds...so now I've changed my routine a little...don't put helmet and gloves on until started...no issue and fast approaching 12k on odometer...:yes:

Bob Denman
08-15-2014, 09:57 AM
MIne will die every once in a while... I just lay a gunboat on the pedal, and give it the thumb! :thumbup:
NEXT time; I'll check the dash first! :shocked: