PDA

View Full Version : Just a comment FWIW

MidTNDawg
08-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Prompted by another thread. I have been riding fairly consistently for over 60 years. During this time I also road dirt bikes for about 15 years. It seems to me most riders really do not care what you ride, only that you do ride. Sure there is joking, jabbing going on, but it is done in a good natured way.

Most everyone who knows me, knows I can ride pretty much whatever I want to ride. Since getting my
'14 RT Ltd, my response when asked how I like the Spyder has been simply, "I am never going back to two wheels."

Bob Denman
08-12-2014, 04:53 PM
It's not what you ride that matters...
It's THAT you ride! :thumbup:

ChasCS
08-12-2014, 06:20 PM
I fare thee well, to all bike riders. Even those who prefer leg power...

I used to be a peddle power person.

Chas

SpyderAnn01
08-12-2014, 06:24 PM
I fare thee well, to all bike riders. Even those who prefer leg power...

I used to be a peddle power person.

Chas

I usually wave to bicyclists - always wonder if they are thinking what is that lazy person doing waving at me. :roflblack:

jerpinoy
08-12-2014, 06:24 PM
I love my :spyder2: better than my two wheels I :spyder2:had.

vtrider
08-12-2014, 06:38 PM
Prompted by another thread. I have been riding fairly consistently for over 60 years. During this time I also road dirt bikes for about 15 years. It seems to me most riders really do not care what you ride, only that you do ride. Sure there is joking, jabbing going on, but it is done in a good natured way.

Most everyone who knows me, knows I can ride pretty much whatever I want to ride. Since getting my
'14 RT Ltd, my response when asked how I like the Spyder has been simply, "I am never going back to two wheels."
Today I was at my dealer. They sell Canam, Honda and Suzuki motorcycles. I was walking around the showroom and they had a really sharp looking new Honda Valkyrie that I was admiring. I sat on the bike and thought to myself, Man this would be a bike that I would want if I was on two wheels again. Before the spyders I was a Honda rider. But, my shifter foot just doesn't work like it used too because of nerve damage from a recent bad back that I needed to get surgery for. So I guess I will just not think of going back and be thankful that they have Spyders for me to ride that I feel safer on. It's always fun to look a the new bikes though!

Princeau99
08-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Today I was at my dealer. They sell Canam, Honda and Suzuki motorcycles. I was walking around the showroom and they had a really sharp looking new Honda Valkyrie that I was admiring. I sat on the bike and thought to myself, Man this would be a bike that I would want if I was on two wheels again. Before the spyders I was a Honda rider. But, my shifter foot just doesn't work like it used too because of nerve damage from a recent bad back that I needed to get surgery for. So I guess I will just not think of going back and be thankful that they have Spyders for me to ride that I feel safer on. It's always fun to look a the new bikes though!
I also love the new Valkrie. I had a 1997 tourer. But as you, I have nerve damage that will never allow me to return to two wheels. Lucky that I love my 2014 RTS!

Chupaca
08-12-2014, 10:57 PM
it dosen't take long....I will never go back, we have had some go back to only return. There is something special about these machines..!! :thumbup:

Dragonrider
08-12-2014, 11:49 PM
Chupaca - you live in SoCal, the home of the worst traffic in North America (perhaps excluding Mexico City?), Spyders are head & shoulders above toe tapping a two wheeler for an hour in stop and go traffic.. Oh right - - lane splitting is legal down there...

bruiser
08-13-2014, 10:14 AM
I still get friendly jabs from the guys in our MC. Now there are two more Spyder riders in the club. One of the Saints (founding members) asked if I was trying to convert everyone to Spyders. Not!