PDA

View Full Version : Turn signal cancel

granpa in Cincy
08-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Is there an adjustment for the turn signals cancellation? My left cancels as soon as I turn the bars to the left. The right doesn't cancel at all.

Dragonrider
08-11-2014, 03:06 PM
:dontknow: :popcorn:

billybovine
08-11-2014, 03:14 PM
Is there an adjustment for the turn signals cancellation? My left cancels as soon as I turn the bars to the left. The right doesn't cancel at all.

As long as the switch is not sticking and you should see that. Then your steering position sensor is not calibrated correctly. Needs to be connected to BUDS and adjusted. Dealer time.

jtoro1
08-11-2014, 03:24 PM
As long as the switch is not sticking and you should see that. Then your steering position sensor is not calibrated correctly. Needs to be connected to BUDS and adjusted. Dealer time.

I agree that how mine was fixed

Bob Denman
08-11-2014, 05:44 PM
I'm surprised that if the steering sensor was off that much, the bike wasn't throwing all sorts of DPS codes... :shocked:

Highwayman2013
08-11-2014, 06:33 PM
Ours worked a lot better after the laser alignment.

Chupaca
08-11-2014, 09:41 PM
it is an internal thing needing buds to intervene...the alignment folks can do that for you...:gaah:

bluestratos
08-12-2014, 09:27 AM
I wish they could shorten the time the signal remains on after a lane change if you forget to cancel. Add that to the dim turn signal dash lights and it is dangerous as it confuses other drivers.

billybovine
08-12-2014, 09:31 AM
I wish they could shorten the time the signal remains on after a lane change if you forget to cancel. Add that to the dim turn signal dash lights and it is dangerous as it confuses other drivers.

It's only 30 seconds before it cancels for time, as long as you are moving, but it does seem like forever.

Marker
08-12-2014, 09:33 AM
after laser alignment both signals cancel. better than before as only the left would cancel, had to turn right off manually.

billybovine
08-12-2014, 09:35 AM
I'm surprised that if the steering sensor was off that much, the bike wasn't throwing all sorts of DPS codes... :shocked:

I would agree Bob except that this has come up several times before and their only symptom is signals not cancelling in one direction. Another question comes to mind as well. How are they coming out of the factory out of calibration?

bluestratos
08-12-2014, 09:50 AM

Highwayman2013
08-12-2014, 09:54 AM
On my Kawasaki it cancels much quicker.

Dan McNally
08-12-2014, 10:36 AM

That was why I added the TricLED mirror turn signal . . . I see, immediately, if my signal is still on . . .

LV2RYDE
08-12-2014, 12:12 PM
It's only 30 seconds before it cancels for time, as long as you are moving, but it does seem like forever.

Mine NEVER cancel till I push it.
just had laser alignment few days ago, will ride and check it. Cross fingers:pray::pray:

Bob Denman
08-12-2014, 02:55 PM
I would agree Bob except that this has come up several times before and their only symptom is signals not cancelling in one direction. Another question comes to mind as well. How are they coming out of the factory out of calibration?
I was thinking that a mis-aligned sensor would get cranky if you were going straight, and it kept reading a wide sweeper... :dontknow:

billybovine
08-12-2014, 03:06 PM
Mine NEVER cancel till I push it.
just had laser alignment few days ago, will ride and check it. Cross fingers:pray::pray:

It will self cancel after 30 seconds of driving. Trust me they all do. Unless of course the switch gets stuck and you can see that. I believe but not sure when you stop the timer resets and it take 30 seconds from when you start rolling again.
After the laser alignment did they reset the steering position sensor?

billybovine
08-12-2014, 03:08 PM
I was thinking that a mis-aligned sensor would get cranky if you were going straight, and it kept reading a wide sweeper... :dontknow:

I agree. :dontknow::dontknow:

bluestratos
08-12-2014, 03:46 PM
I was told that many times before but I timed mine, it was still going after 2 minutes. I was moving on the freeway at the time.