PDA

View Full Version : Dazed and Confused.

Mcubed45
08-10-2014, 01:11 PM
I've been reading about the heat issues. And, I getting ready to start working on my 2013 ST-L. My question is, does removing the catalytic converter solve the heat issue. If I do the PitBull bypass, is there no need for JT's air filter.

I know, I know. . . Do both. But my wallet says only one at a time.

After the heat issue is solved, then I can give BajaRon a call.

Cruzr Joe
08-10-2014, 01:17 PM
I've been reading about the heat issues. And, I getting ready to start working on my 2013 ST-L. My question is, does removing the catalytic converter solve the heat issue. If I do the PitBull bypass, is there no need for JT's air filter.

I know, I know. . . Do both. But my wallet says only one at a time.

After the heat issue is solved, then I can give BajaRon a call.

The cat bypass is a major heat source so i would tackle that one first and then judge whether or not you need additional relief. :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

Chupaca
08-10-2014, 02:56 PM
:agree: JT's air box opens up the air space and improves performance but the cat removal will get the big heat out. Then when possible do the rest. :thumbup:

SPYD3R
08-10-2014, 03:01 PM
THE CAT RESTRICTS THE AMOUNT OF 'GASES' THAT CAN PASS THROUGH IT.....
IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ADD ANYTHING PRIOR TO THAT.... THE ENGINE WILL NOT BENEFIT FROM TOP-END IMPROVEMENTS, UNTIL THE BOTTOM END IS ALLOW TO FLOW BETTER.....

LOOK AT IT THIS WAY: IF YOU CAN'T POOP (EXHAUST), YOU'RE NOT GOING TO EAT MUCH (INTAKE)..... ARE YOU? :thumbup:
DAN P
EASLEY, SC
SPYD3R

Mcubed45
08-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Your advice makes sense. Now I know what I'm going to do. . . (Hey, Mr. pit Bull!) ;)

Bob Denman
08-10-2014, 05:45 PM
LOOK AT IT THIS WAY: IF YOU CAN'T POOP (EXHAUST), YOU'RE NOT GOING TO EAT MUCH (INTAKE)..... ARE YOU? :thumbup:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_4_6.gif

BajaRon
08-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Look at heat wrapping your exhaust. That will be very inexpensive and makes an appreciable amount of difference in engine compartment heat.