PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations To Make The Passenger More Comfortable

MikeT
08-09-2014, 10:07 PM
I'm trying to become a new-b RT Limited owner after riding GL1800 trikes since 2006. My wife is reluctant to say "Yes", because she doesn't feel as comfortable on the back of the Spyder. For those who have made the switch, what are the ways to make the rear seat more comfortablefor the passenger?
Thanks for any suggestions
Mike

NZSpyderRyder
08-09-2014, 10:09 PM
Buy her a car.

Chupaca
08-09-2014, 10:17 PM
there are other seats available. But is it comfort, position or something else. There are arm rests and heated etc. Maybe she can try some other modles and see the differences. A test ryde could help...:dontknow:

garb55
08-09-2014, 11:14 PM
traded my X for a :spyder2:
did not get much off the :spyder2:
but got lots less nagging:yes::yes:

Oldmanzues
08-10-2014, 09:28 AM
Possible arm rests ??No other ideas
I assume you are talking about a RT with a test ride. I never tried to ride 2 up on my GS/RS
Oldmanzues

Bob Denman
08-10-2014, 09:38 AM
We've got a couple of vendors in here that sell some dynamite armrests... :2thumbs:
Diamond-R and Rivco come to mind; I'm sure that we have others!
(I apologize to any that I haven't remembered... :opps:)

MouthPiece
08-10-2014, 10:50 AM
We've got a couple of vendors in here that sell some dynamite armrests... :2thumbs:
Diamond-R and Rivco come to mind; I'm sure that we have others!
(I apologize to any that I haven't remembered... :opps:)

Corbin, and they are a sponsor. I'd also get an airhawk cushion for her.

Chris.

Cruzr Joe
08-10-2014, 01:08 PM
It sounds more like a "I don't want a Spyder" complaint because a Spyder is immediately more stable and comfortable before you add any accessories, I suggest you tackle the first problem first. :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

Copperman
08-10-2014, 01:25 PM
I'm trying to become a new-b RT Limited owner after riding GL1800 trikes since 2006. My wife is reluctant to say "Yes", because she doesn't feel as comfortable on the back of the Spyder. For those who have made the switch, what are the ways to make the rear seat more comfortablefor the passenger?
Thanks for any suggestions
Mike

Ask her if she feels like she's going to be "thrown off" the bike when you're in a curve and/or turn. If so, she may need to learn how to be a passenger on the Spyder. Explain to her she needs to "lean" with you in the curves and/or turns. Her upper body, and sometimes just her head, needs to lean, just a little, into the curve. If she tries to stay vertical, centrifugal force will try to "throw her off" and she'll feel very scared and try to hold on for dear life! She may also throw in a few choice words.

Once she "learns how to be a passenger" she'll love it. Talk with her and let her read this post. See if a light bulb goes off.

Good luck.

Netminder
08-10-2014, 04:10 PM
With the diamond r armrest my wife loves it! Although she has never been on the back of a wing! And I have the utopia backrest, so we are both pretty comfy!:doorag:

BajaRon
08-10-2014, 10:18 PM
It depends on what she does not like about riding on the Spyder. There are a lot of possibilities from uncomfortable riding position (seat, foot rests, arm rests, too much heat, too much wind), to not feeling safe, (too much lean, buffeting, wander, hunt, bounce, etc.).

Get some specific dislikes from her and we may be able to give you a better idea of how to get her more comfortable.

ChasCS
08-11-2014, 02:50 PM
I went the el cheapo route for now. Bought a RENS sheepskin at IKEA, and couldn't be happier for the price. It's not only a softer cushion, but it also helps to cool down the bottom half as well. Great little addition to the comfort factor.

Chas