PDA

View Full Version : Angle of foot rest

ABCtriker
08-09-2014, 08:49 PM
We have made serveral longer rides recently, breaking in me and my new 2014 RTS-SE6 - 4000 miles now. I have come home from these longer rides with hurting toes. It seems to me that the angle of the foot rests are allowing/encouraging my feet to slide forward in my boots and jamming my toes in to the toes of boots (and shoes). Husband stretchs out to his highway pegs on his GL1800 trike. I am not sure I am interested in highway pegs, even if available for my Spyder. I have been thinking that if the angle could be changed to lift my toes, my foot would slide back into the heel, giving my toes a rest.

Can the foot rest angle be changed? (Although I am not sure I want it tilted up 100% of the time)
Thoughts on a bumper/lift (just an inch or 2 should be enough) attached to the front edge of the foot rest?
Other thoughts?

When the feet hurt, enjoyment is diminished.

Thanks for any suggestions.

GregP
08-09-2014, 10:04 PM
It should be easy to attach a rubber block, cut the size of your choice, to the existing rubber footpad using tire patch solvent. The existing rubber footpad pops off the footrest using just a small amount of upward pull pressure. Good luck.

GregP

Chupaca
08-09-2014, 10:38 PM
Make some wedges double sided tape to hold them and test ryde. Be sure you are totally clear for brake pedal use. I could come up with other Ideas but depends on what you want to do and spend. There may be a way to drop the rear a bit to level out...:dontknow:

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-09-2014, 11:40 PM
:gaah:.....Either of the above will work.......However you have to remember that the brake pedal must or at least the cover needs to be raised an equal amount .....otherwise it may not be able to fully activate your BRAKES........Mikeguyver :thumbup: