PDA

View Full Version : Check your Elka Shock Springs

Tazzel
08-08-2014, 11:34 AM
My friend purchased a ST and within a week ordered the Elka's for better handling. After $600.00 and 4 weeks later the Elka's came in and he put them on. The Spyder handled even worse then before. He was spitting mad since I had told him how great the Elka's were. He wanted to have me post here asking members if they had the same issues or did you have to change the tension or how high should the front end sit from the ground. I told him to contact Elka instead. So he did and come to find out they had built the Elka's with the wrong springs. RS's and ST's should have spring #F5.4x254

Elka fedex the correct springs out and he got them in 3 days. Sounds like they had a new kid working in the back so I thought I would send out a message to have others check their springs.

sddinnh
08-08-2014, 12:07 PM
Mine came in two weeks ago (for an RT) and they were fine, but thanks for the heads up.

900Dave
08-17-2014, 06:59 AM
My friend purchased a ST and within a week ordered the Elka's for better handling. After $600.00 and 4 weeks later the Elka's came in and he put them on. The Spyder handled even worse then before. He was spitting mad since I had told him how great the Elka's were. He wanted to have me post here asking members if they had the same issues or did you have to change the tension or how high should the front end sit from the ground. I told him to contact Elka instead. So he did and come to find out they had built the Elka's with the wrong springs. RS's and ST's should have spring #F5.4x254

Elka fedex the correct springs out and he got them in 3 days. Sounds like they had a new kid working in the back so I thought I would send out a message to have others check their springs.

Do you mean #F4.5X254? That is what mine are on my ST-L and they are working real good.