PDA

View Full Version : Tip on removing antenna

bgame
08-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Decided to replace my antenna with a shorter one... Bird hit my and split the fiber glass around the factory one. Replace it with this one... http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am_spyder_antenna.htm

Well I had heard they was some problems is getting the factory one unscrewed... Yep blue Loctite. So if you will take a soldering gun and put the tip on the brass 7mm nut for about 30 seconds or longer it will warm the Loctite up and it will unscrew. Do it quickly or the Loctite will re harden.. Just a old trick I learned about Loctite years ago..

3 Wheel Addict
08-08-2014, 10:32 AM
When that fiberglass antenna split was there a wire running up the center? I have my doubts on the quality of that antenna vs reception from it. I suspect a better antenna could be a huge improvement.

bgame
08-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Did not look at it that close... I just wrapped it in black tape and used it till I got my other one in.... I does fill like it has a wire in it...

Chief-J
08-08-2014, 11:08 AM
When my antenna broke, I replaced it with a flexable shorty from Wal-Mart cost $9.95. Works great (so far). Good luck and safe riding.

bgame
08-08-2014, 11:26 AM
When my antenna broke, I replaced it with a flexable shorty from Wal-Mart cost $9.95. Works great (so far). Good luck and safe riding.

I decided on the antenna I installed because I don't go to Wally World... Have not been in Wally World in 32 years...

MRH
08-08-2014, 12:43 PM

I did the same on my previous Spyder, and will do it again on this one if necessary.

Scosche RMA900 Replacement Car Antenna at Walmart.com