PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Rental in Houston

ksatterfield
08-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Does anyone know of a rental company in Houston who has a Spyder? My husband and I are looking into purchasing one, but we would like to try it out for a few days first before making a definite decision.

twain
08-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Do not know of anyone who rents Spyders in Houston.

revjvegas
08-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Nope, never heard of anyone renting any either.

I think the best you're going to get is a test drive at the dealer. Course you can go to multiple dealers if you want and ride one at each place. No rules against that.

When I test rode mine, they only wanted to see my MC endorsement and sign a waiver before I took it out.

michaelhehl
08-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Does anyone know of a rental company in Houston who has a Spyder? My husband and I are looking into purchasing one, but we would like to try it out for a few days first before making a definite decision.

Steel Horse Rentals http://www.steelhorserentals.com

jcthorne
08-07-2014, 07:28 PM
When I test drove mine, they just checked my licence and took down some info. Gave me a quick lesson in Spyder control and suggested I make a couple laps of the parking lot before taking off. They did not follow me, just said enjoy the ride. I was gone nearly an hour, I had told them I planned and extended test ride. Mancuso had no problem with that. Test rides, even extended ones are free. I have even heard of them allowing overnight test rides.

Be warned though. You WILL want one after getting comfortable on one.

SPYD3R
08-07-2014, 07:29 PM
SEARCH THESE: https://www.google.com/#q=motorcycle+rentals+houston+texas

Ford 1
08-08-2014, 01:55 AM
Go to Mancuso North and ask for Johnny Weeks, He is a Very Good Guy,You will get all the time you need ,Tell him Bill Miller sent you over.
Need any more help in Houston on this call 281 639 9665

wd5gnr
08-24-2014, 09:19 AM
I agree Mancuso will help you, especially if you already have your M license. If you don't, they may be reluctant. However, they do the motorcycle training on 3 wheelers about once a month and they will supply the Spyder if you don't have one. So for the $150 or whatever you could get 2 days on a Spyder under supervision. Mancuso would know who to talk to about when and you'd want to make sure they were really loaning you a Spyder and not something else. Just a thought. On the other hand, I was nervous about not liking it before I bought and I can tell you after a year I'm still enjoying mine. Simple to ride. Some states don't even require an M license for them. Relatively safe.