PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service

Highwayman2013
08-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Just a little rant about my dealings so far with Tom Tom. About a month ago I bought a Tom Tom Rider for my bike because I had a Zumo 665 and lost it. I had been using the 660 that came with my wife's RTL because I am usually the leader on our rides and they share the same mount. After many times of the 660 leading me down dirt roads after I had checked the box to avoid them I wanted to give something else a try. Mounted the Tom Tom on my Vulcan 2 weeks before we were going on a 3000 mile ride into Canada and I liked the way it worked especially the winding road option. Well two days before I left I noticed the Tom Tom was loose and upon closer inspection the mount was broken. The screws don't go through the mount there are press in nuts and they pulled out. IMO a lousy design. Anyway the guy from India? said he sent a new mount but we got a cardio monitor! Then when we called about it we had to send a picture of what we got! Well I called today after waiting over a week and the said they never got the picture but the guy checked and NOW they are sending the mount!:banghead: Anyway having a good product would help if you have good customer service, very aggravating. Love our sponsors here.92807

Dan McNally
08-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Selling us shoddier, but more expensive stuff, seems to be the way things are going, nowadays.

Bob Denman
08-06-2014, 04:56 PM
It feels a lot like this; doesn't it?? :gaah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8L2cI8brzQ

Ask to speak to somebody who speaks English as their primary language... it might help! :thumbup:

Highwayman2013
08-06-2014, 10:45 PM
This is "Peggy"

IrishGator
08-07-2014, 10:41 AM
Thats why I just have a phone mount and use google maps. Never failed me yet.

Highwayman2013
08-07-2014, 02:14 PM
As I wait for the new mount to arrive I investigated further and found out I could take the mount apart and drill holes through from the inside, I put the head of the screw inside, through the mount's back, through the ball mount and put self locking nuts on. It worked! Now why wasn't it done this way in the first place?:dontknow:

Highwayman2013
08-07-2014, 02:21 PM
92873 The Garmin mount92875 The tom tom mount

Highwayman2013
08-07-2014, 02:28 PM
So the Tom tom mount can be modified to be stronger. This may now be a viable alternative to the Zumo on the spyder. I may try that JT mount on my wife's RTL just so I can compare. I have the extra mount now for the Zumo so I could move it to the top of the dash to make it more visible.....:rolleyes: The Tom Tom rider is $400 but the car mount is extra.