PDA

View Full Version : SPYDER RESIDUAL VALUE (all models)

Sabusan
08-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Curious to know the facts about how much you value the resale value of your Spyder (assuming good overall condition, mileage etc. pretty much a stock model) It seems that the RT line would be the most in demand???

​Thanks for your input.:f_spider:

Copperman
08-05-2014, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE=Sabusan;853155]Curious to know the facts about how much you value the resale value of your Spyder

We (Spyder owners) value our bikes pretty high. Reality is a whole other issue!

Dragonrider
08-05-2014, 11:45 PM
I got $18.5 for my 2010 RTS SE5 last October - pretty well farkled, roughly 15K miles. Thought I did really well.

ARtraveler
08-06-2014, 12:18 AM
The Kelly Blue book or similar is a good guide to values. The prices will vary from one part of the country to another--hence they ask for zip codes when you check your information.

Unfortunately, they are never worth what we think they are. It is good to do some due diligence if you are considering trading in or selling. You don't want to ask to much--it wont sell or get any offers. That happens a lot here on the 4 sale thread.

You also don't want to give it away. I have also seen that happen here. A good deal for the buyer--but not the seller.

Personally, I have not done real well when I have traded up. I always felt I got a fair value, but you have to discount farkles. The dealer also had to make something in the deal. I get what I want on the new one, the dealer has to worry about getting rid of the trade.

My dealer had my Vulcan trade in (for 2011 RT) for a year and a half. It was perfect and only 7500 miles. The buyer did real well. He moved my 2010 RT trade in less than a month. So, bottom line--no real good answer.

Chupaca
08-06-2014, 12:32 AM
:agree: NADA also can help. You can also check for sale sights in your area...:thumbup:

Bob Denman
08-06-2014, 06:40 AM
If you're truly worred about re-sale value... :shocked:
Don't buy bikes: buy Gold!
I'm going to go enjoy my bike! :thumbup:

bscrive
08-06-2014, 07:12 AM
We traded in my wife's 09 RS with 30000kms for her 13 STL last June and they gave us $10K on trade. We had a few farkels on it though but they don't take that into consideration much. They only gave us an extra $400 for the $2000 in farkles we had on it. We were happy with the deal. We paid $9500 for the bike 2 years ago.

Sabusan
08-06-2014, 09:45 AM
If you're truly worred about re-sale value... :shocked:
Don't buy bikes: buy Gold!
I'm going to go enjoy my bike! :thumbup:

Naw, Bob....not worried....just learning:clap:
Got some gold anyway, however you can't eat gold so make sure you have plenty of food & water first!;)

Bob Denman
08-06-2014, 09:49 AM
Glad to hear that it's not a big issue for you! :thumbup:
It's funny how many folks buy stuff, with an eye on already getting rid of it... :roflblack:

Sabusan
08-06-2014, 10:26 AM
Glad to hear that it's not a big issue for you! :thumbup:
It's funny how many folks buy stuff, with an eye on already getting rid of it... :roflblack:

My eye is on riding for at least 10 years if I make the leap....just trying to figure out the overall costs of these roadsters....
service, upkeep....overall reliability. It's not the first $30K that concerns me....it's the reliability and integrity of the product
and how it will hold up for long-term pleasure and how good the service network is to really know how to repair things...

They usually say the best thing about a boat is the first day you get it and the day you sell it. It seems to me researching the dealers service department and billing policies might be more important than trying to get the best front end deal possible. That's why I have decided to wait on a '14 leftover or a new 15.

While I'm not taking too much to heart with the service issues of some of the board members....there seems to be a lot of qwerky nuances with the onboard system that monitors the roadster's overall health....are these buggy's that sensitive or just that advanced?

Bob Denman
08-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Now that I have an idea of your perspective...

Research your dealer from a standpoint of how their service department will hold up over the long haul.
These bikes are kind of complicated, and a bit labor intensive. Having a dealer with properly trained technicians is worth money in the bank! nojoke

Sabusan
08-06-2014, 12:33 PM
Now that I have an idea of your perspective...

Research your dealer from a standpoint of how their service department will hold up over the long haul.
These bikes are kind of complicated, and a bit labor intensive. Having a dealer with properly trained technicians is worth money in the bank! nojoke

Appreciate the insight and your perspective Bob!

Woodsrider
08-06-2014, 12:34 PM
I got $18.5 for my 2010 RTS SE5 last October - pretty well farkled, roughly 15K miles. Thought I did really well.

WOWSERS! Can you broker my sale for me when I sell mine to get a 2014???