PDA

View Full Version : First trip on my Spyder!!!

Charlotte17078
08-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Last week we travelled from Hershey, PA to Maggie Valley, NC to a Kawasaki Vulcan riders forum reunion. What a great time we had!!! My hubby rode his Voyager and I rode my 2011 Viper Red Spyder. I wasn't sure how riding the twisty roads was going to go, but, at one point on a ride, Mike told me to slow down because I was getting to far ahead of him and he was afraid we would lose contact on our UClear devicess :lecturef_smilie: HAhahaha!!!!
We rode over 1900 miles in 8 days and I could have ridden more! We had a friendly competition to see which bike would get oogled first at gas stops. I am pleased to report that "Charlotte" was the most popular bike. We only saw FIVE other Spyders the entire trip.
If you get to Maggie Valley, stay at the Creekside motel and eat at the Maggie Valley restaurant next door. Very nice folks at both places!!
We did get into a couple of rain storms and my Frogg Togs and rain boots kept me very dry.
Looking forward to the next adventure!!

Cruzr Joe
08-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Last week we travelled from Hershey, PA to Maggie Valley, NC to a Kawasaki Vulcan riders forum reunion. What a great time we had!!! My hubby rode his Voyager and I rode my 2011 Viper Red Spyder. I wasn't sure how riding the twisty roads was going to go, but, at one point on a ride, Mike told me to slow down because I was getting to far ahead of him and he was afraid we would lose contact on our UClear devicess :lecturef_smilie: HAhahaha!!!!
We rode over 1900 miles in 8 days and I could have ridden more! We had a friendly competition to see which bike would get oogled first at gas stops. I am pleased to report that "Charlotte" was the most popular bike. We only saw FIVE other Spyders the entire trip.
If you get to Maggie Valley, stay at the Creekside motel and eat at the Maggie Valley restaurant next door. Very nice folks at both places!!
We did get into a couple of rain storms and my Frogg Togs and rain boots kept me very dry.
Looking forward to the next adventure!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

FaranH
08-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Congratulations on the Spyder and the ride! Glad you're sharing your rides with us! :doorag:

ARtraveler
08-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Thanks for posting about a great ryde. :yes:

ChasCS
08-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Sounds like you both had a lot of fun, and many memorable moments.

I wish you could have sent us some pics, all though your description, and expression gives us all a great insight into that mind set, those awesome feelings you felt.

Happy Trails to you both. Oh and Charlotte too. ;-)

(I wonder what I shall name my new lady friend?? Thanks for the reminder on that...)

Chas

Highwayman2013
08-06-2014, 12:55 PM
The last two weeks my wife and I rode the Canadian Maritimes, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia. 3079 miles. Me on a Voyager and her on the spyder. No issues and great riding.92802

The Cabot Trail was awesome.