PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Bikeweek March 7th-16th 2015.

Ivorspyder
08-05-2014, 09:58 AM
Lamonster announced 2 weeks ago that Lamonster Garage is playing a big part in the launch of the 2015 product line for BRP.It starts at the dealer meeting Sept 23rd and the a big showing at Daytona where Spyderlovers members will be guests of honor.
Lamont wants as many of us as possible to show up for this event so lets support him.
I have the Country Inn &Suites,Port Orange (Daytona)contracted for Spyderlovers at$164.00 per room per nt for the duration of Bikeweek.This will be the 4th time we are using this hotel for Spyderlovers.The price is only $5.00 higher than the last bikeweek held last March.Last bikeweek it was full of Spyderlovers and everybody loved the hotel.There is plenty of parking for both Spyders and trailers and this hotel is a good meeting place for Spyderlovers in the evenings.
You may book as little as one night during the entire bikeweek.BRP have always in the past held Owners Appreciation Day the last Saturday of the event which would be Sat14th March.Most Spyderlovers book Thursday to the Sunday which in 2015 is march 12th -15th 3nts.
To book call the hotel 386-760-0101 and quote the Sunbird Spyder group to secure this rate.The rate is approx $90.00 per nt cheaper than the rack rate so is a very fair deal for bikeweek.
Bikeweek is a lot of fun.We go out in groups for dinner as well as rydes so lets make this a record breaking amount of Spyderlovers to show up and support lamonster Garage for this exciting event and participation of the showing of the 2015 Spyders.:yes::clap::yes::clap::yes::clap:

reggystan
08-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Thanks Ivor, for those who don't normally come to Daytona or have never been it is one that you should try and make. Daytona has become a favorite of mine, the weather is perfect this time of the year, the beach ride and plenty of bike and event stuff to do or simply out for a nice ride and there is plenty of nice rides around this area. We usually do a traditional night ride through Tomoka park that ends up in a very secluded section of a beach north of Daytona where you can gaze at the stars with the beach in the background. Spectacular ride with good fellowship makes Daytona a memorable event.

For those coming from the north or northeast you might want to consider the Autotrain which will bring you from Lorton, Va to Sanford, FL and that's just 30 miles away from Daytona. Drive the Spyder to the station and board the train, eat, sleep and relax and in the morning you'll pull in the station ready to ride.

Anyway enough of me rambling on, if anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me, Ivor thanks for booking the rooms. I know it is tough nowadays to get a descent room for these high profile events. This hotel is nice because it is away from all the noise and there is good restaurants within minutes without the 2 hr wait. Hope to see many of you there.

Reggy

Lamonster announced 2 weeks ago that Lamonster Garage is playing a big part in the launch of the 2015 product line for BRP.It starts at the dealer meeting Sept 23rd and the a big showing at Daytona where Spyderlovers members will be guests of honor.
Lamont wants as many of us as possible to show up for this event so lets support him.
I have the Country Inn &Suites,Port Orange (Daytona)contracted for Spyderlovers at$164.00 per room per nt for the duration of Bikeweek.This will be the 4th time we are using this hotel for Spyderlovers.The price is only $5.00 higher than the last bikeweek held last March.Last bikeweek it was full of Spyderlovers and everybody loved the hotel.There is plenty of parking for both Spyders and trailers and this hotel is a good meeting place for Spyderlovers in the evenings.
You may book as little as one night during the entire bikeweek.BRP have always in the past held Owners Appreciation Day the last Saturday of the event which would be Sat15th March.Most Spyderlovers book Thursday to the Sunday which in 2015 is march 13th -16th 4 nts.
To book call the hotel 386-760-0101 and quote the Sunbird Spyder group to secure this rate.The rate is approx $90.00 per nt cheaper than the rack rate so is a very fair deal for bikeweek.
Bikeweek is a lot of fun.We go out in groups for dinner as well as rydes so lets make this a record breaking amount of Spyderlovers to show up and support lamonster Garage for this exciting event and participation of the showing of the 2015 Spyders.:yes::clap::yes::clap::yes::clap:

pwilbarger
08-05-2014, 02:50 PM
It's tempting but for me it might be iffy getting out of NW Ohio, not to mention KY and TN. I will give it some thought though. Thanks Ivor.

Bigtow
08-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Room is booked for me and the wife.....3-12-15 to 3-15-15..... Can't wait it will be are first Daytona on the bike.....thanks Ivor......:clap:

Ivorspyder
08-05-2014, 04:52 PM
It's tempting but for me it might be iffy getting out of NW Ohio, not to mention KY and TN. I will give it some thought though. Thanks Ivor.
Go on Phil.Its going to be a good Winter.Great to have you come.

SPYD3R
08-05-2014, 05:30 PM
IVOR;
MAYBE PICKLEHEAD & I CAN JOIN UP WITH YOU AGAIN, LIKE WE DID IN SPRINGFIELD, MO........
LET ME TALK WITH P'HEAD.......
DAN P
EASLEY, SC
SPYD3R

Ivorspyder
08-05-2014, 07:40 PM
IVOR;
MAYBE PICKLEHEAD & I CAN JOIN UP WITH YOU AGAIN, LIKE WE DID IN SPRINGFIELD, MO........
LET ME TALK WITH P'HEAD.......
DAN P
EASLEY, SC
SPYD3R
Great idea.This Bikeweek is going to be really good.Quite a number of Spyderlovrs have booked already.Hope you and Picklehead can make it.

Ivorspyder
08-13-2014, 11:46 AM
You may book as little as one night during the entire bikeweek.BRP have always in the past held Owners Appreciation Day the last Saturday of the event which would be Sat14th March.Most Spyderlovers book Thursday to the Sunday which in 2015 is march 12th -15th 3nts.
Bikeweek is a lot of fun.We go out in groups for dinner as well as rydes so lets make this a record breaking amount of Spyderlovers to show up and support lamonster Garage for this exciting event and participation of the showing of the 2015 Spyders.:yes::clap::yes::clap::yes::clap:WE have quite a lot of bookings made already.Reggy of Tricled and his gang including Hector,Ricardo and Steve have booked as well as others.
If you intend joining the Spyderlovers for bikeweek please go ahead and call the Country Inn at the number listed above.

Bob Denman
08-13-2014, 11:52 AM
For those coming from the north or northeast you might want to consider the Autotrain which will bring you from Lorton, Va to Sanford, FL and that's just 30 miles away from Daytona. Drive the Spyder to the station and board the train, eat, sleep and relax and in the morning you'll pull in the station ready to ride.
Hope to see many of you there.
Reggy
Hi Reggy!
Do you have a link for more info on the Autotrain?
I'm pretty sure that I could get to Lorton, IF our Winter co-operates a bit up here... :D

bodymanpainter
08-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Well it looks like the wife and I will have to go to Daytona bike week again next year.
But we usually go every year anyway so hope to see and meet some Spyder riders there.
Toby :yes:

Ivorspyder
08-13-2014, 05:17 PM
Hi Reggy!
Do you have a link for more info on the Autotrain?
I'm pretty sure that I could get to Lorton, IF our Winter co-operates a bit up here... :D
Bob go to amtrak.com/auto-train.Just fill in the prompts.I and Reggy and his gang have used it a few times with the Spyders.Its really good.
Would be nice to see you at Bikeweek.

Bob Denman
08-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Thanks! :thumbup:
I'll check that out this evening... ;)

EDIT: It looks like about $491 round-trip...
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif Daytona? Or SpyderFest?? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif

Ivorspyder
08-13-2014, 07:43 PM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif Daytona? Or SpyderFest?? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif
do both.You deserve it.

spyder0ne
08-15-2014, 02:18 PM
I just made hotel reservations for March 12-15. Looking forward to meeting a lot of new Spyder friends.

Spydman
08-15-2014, 07:59 PM
JUST MADE RESERVATIONS FOR MAR. 11TH--15TH. HOPE TO SEE OLD FRIENDS AND MAKE MANY NEW ONES. HOPE EVERONE WILL HAVE A SAFE TRIP. :yes::yes::yes: (SPYDMAN). VINCENT MORRIS

Top End Unlimited
08-16-2014, 06:14 AM

Thanks for the info. Being a new owner, I want to get out and meet other owners. I live here in Florida so will probably just ride up for Sat. See ya'll there !

Ivorspyder
08-16-2014, 04:20 PM
Spydman And Spyderman,Glad to see you booked.Look forward to seeing you there.

Ivorspyder
08-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the info. Being a new owner, I want to get out and meet other owners. I live here in Florida so will probably just ride up for Sat. See ya'll there !

The Owners Event is on the Saturday.If you want to meet other Spyder riders suggest you come Fri morning stay Fri night when every one will be there,
There are many of us who live here in Florida but this is such a fun event we ride up Thurs morning and leave Sunday.Some do 1 night and others 2.

Bob Denman
08-16-2014, 04:51 PM
do both.You deserve it.

:D Let me give you the phone number for my Missus...
I'll let YOU explain that to her... :shocked: :roflblack:

Ivorspyder
08-17-2014, 03:29 AM
:D Let me give you the phone number for my Missus...
I'll let YOU explain that to her... :shocked: :roflblack:
OK will do but suggest you let me have her cell,email and full address.I can also get a signed petition going on the forum.:roflblack::roflblack::joke:

Top End Unlimited
08-17-2014, 04:46 AM
The Owners Event is on the Saturday.If you want to meet other Spyder riders suggest you come Fri morning stay Fri night when every one will be there,
There are many of us who live here in Florida but this is such a fun event we ride up Thurs morning and leave Sunday.Some do 1 night and others 2.

Guess I'll have to get on the phone and book Fri. night. Thanks

Ivorspyder
08-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Guess I'll have to get on the phone and book Fri. night. Thanks
Look forward to meeting you,

Ivorspyder
08-18-2014, 06:47 AM
Many Spyderlovers have called the hotel and booked.If you want to stay here during the last weekend of bikeweek call and make your reservations sooner than later.

Caddy
08-19-2014, 09:03 PM
Count us in!:2thumbs:

Made our hotel reservations today. Coming down via the Autotrain the weekend before and going to cruise the :spyder2:to the keys and then back to Daytona by Thur. Just the Winter getaway we'll need by then! We are new...loving it...and look forward to meeting new fellow Spyder riders and friends. See you in 7 months!

Jon

Ivorspyder
08-26-2014, 07:13 AM
With the early release of the F3 and the wonderment of what is to come many more have booked the hotel.I should imagine BRP will have the F3 plus whatever else is new available to ride.
If you are sitting on the fence and want to join The Spyderlovers at The Country Inn & Suites suggest you call the number above and book.

Caddy
08-26-2014, 07:50 AM
Heads up to any taking the Autotrain, based on a Spyder's size, you have to reserve 2 motorcycle spots. That's based on using the max measurements from the Amtrak website and calling and talking to them directly about shipping Can-Am Spyders. Good news is that means you'd also be covered with a trailer I'd think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spyder0ne
08-26-2014, 10:35 AM
Heads up to any taking the Autotrain, based on a Spyder's size, you have to reserve 2 motorcycle spots. That's based on using the max measurements from the Amtrak website and calling and talking to them directly about shipping Can-Am Spyders. Good news is that means you'd also be covered with a trailer I'd think.

I am going to use the Autotrain and I was told to pay for the car rate, which is cheaper than 2 motorcycle charges.

Ivorspyder
08-26-2014, 02:26 PM
I am going to use the Autotrain and I was told to pay for the car rate, which is cheaper than 2 motorcycle charges.
You dont have to pay the car rate.When I went I booked as a motorcycle.When I checked in they told me they were having to charge me a $50.00 surpless but it was cheaper than the car rate.
I would talk to Amtrak and tell them it is a reverse trike 3 wheel motorcycle and see what they say.

Caddy
08-27-2014, 05:17 AM
You dont have to pay the car rate.When I went I booked as a motorcycle.When I checked in they told me they were having to charge me a $50.00 surpless but it was cheaper than the car rate.
I would talk to Amtrak and tell them it is a reverse trike 3 wheel motorcycle and see what they say.

Hummmm...wonder why she didn't offer me that $50 option! :gaah: Time to call Amtrak back and press to test on this one!

Thanks for the heads up!

Jon

spyder0ne
08-27-2014, 10:59 AM
I called back to the Lorton, VA station and asked about only having a $50 up charge and I was told the $50 charge they have is for priority loading and unloading. They confirmed that Spyders have to pay the automobile rate.

Ivorspyder
08-27-2014, 03:44 PM
I called back to the Lorton, VA station and asked about only having a $50 up charge and I was told the $50 charge they have is for priority loading and unloading. They confirmed that Spyders have to pay the automobile rate.
I think Amtrak don't know if they are coming or going.I without knowing booked it as a motorcycle.When I got there they said it could not go as a motorcycle.It was not considered a car therefore they charged me the extra $50.00

Barbwire
09-06-2014, 08:04 PM
We have a room for the whole week with Pets! We had a reservation at La Quinta by the Speedway and we may split the week between the 2 still crunching the #'s. Thanks for getting the rooms blocked!

johnnyrocket
09-06-2014, 08:14 PM
I think Amtrak don't know if they are coming or going.I without knowing booked it as a motorcycle.When I got there they said it could not go as a motorcycle.It was not considered a car therefore they charged me the extra $50.00

Just curious the 3 times we went the spyder cost was 112.00 what is it now?

Ivorspyder
09-09-2014, 02:33 PM
The hotel advised me today that many Spyderlovers have called and booked.The hotel is filling right up for that last weekend of Bikeweek so if you still want to attend suggest calling The Country Inn & Suites and booking.Phone 386-760-0101,Sunbird Spyder group.

Ivorspyder
10-27-2014, 09:02 PM
Many Spyderlovers have booked.Managed to get some more rooms for the 12th to 15th weekend when all the Spyderlovers have booked.
If anyone srill wants to come call the hotel 386-760-0101 quoting The Sunbird Spyder Group.

ThreeWheels
10-28-2014, 02:03 AM

I'm thinking of Daytona next year as well.
Does that price include the vehicle also ? That seems a little low to me.

Bumble_B
10-28-2014, 12:29 PM
I have a question. I got my new '14 RT-S a month ago. I am still learning and getting more comfortable every week with the trike. My husband and I go out on rides together most times. He has a Road Glide. If we book a room can he join in some of the activities as far as rides or CanAm hospitality for owners?

Ivorspyder
10-28-2014, 02:29 PM
I have a question. I got my new '14 RT-S a month ago. I am still learning and getting more comfortable every week with the trike. My husband and I go out on rides together most times. He has a Road Glide. If we book a room can he join in some of the activities as far as rides or CanAm hospitality for owners?
Ofcourse he can.Everybody is welcome,Whatever you ride.There are a number of others attending on,Goldwings,Slingshots and BMW,sThe rides we do are fine,As far as the Can Am owners day,you have the Spyder so you just register.You get to ride the Daytona racetrack.I know of another couple who attend every year,She has an RT and he a Harley and I always see him on his bike during the ride,so no problem.

Ron YPA
12-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Just brought my spyder to Florida on the Autotrain. no extra charge. December 5,2014 We have a vacation home in Sarasota and take bike down in winter and back to Pa in April. See you at bike week Thurs Fri Sat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ivorspyder
12-23-2014, 09:46 AM
Over 100 nights booked for the last weekend.This is over 30 Spyder Ryders already booked.We have 10 rooms left on our contract for that big weekend at bikeweek so if you want to join us call the hotel number as above.

currin20fan
12-28-2014, 01:20 PM
We registered for two nights.

MisterP
12-28-2014, 05:26 PM
We are booked for the 12th - 15th. First time going to Daytona, and I live in the state...

Ivorspyder
12-31-2014, 08:45 AM
Thee more Spyderlovers have booked.

currin20fan
01-07-2015, 07:30 PM
When & where do we register to ride the race track?

Ivorspyder
01-07-2015, 09:25 PM
Usually it is sent to you as an owner by BRP or put on Spyderlovers.I think you can also do it on the day at the event.

spyder0ne
01-15-2015, 10:59 AM
I've never been to Bike Week. What should I expect at the host hotel? Will there be be Spyder vendors set up? I'm looking to get some farkles.

Ivorspyder
01-16-2015, 04:23 PM
There are no vendors setup at the hotel.It is very informal.There must be certain vendors in and around Daytona showing.3 large main places with hundreds of vendors and many other places with vendors.You will see Spyders all over.its very informal at the hotel and Reggy Tricled usually leads some rides including a night ride.

Ivorspyder
01-16-2015, 04:25 PM

Still some rooms on our group contract left.Over 30 Spyders registered,so if you are sitting on the fence book it before our contract runs out.

midnightbreeze50
01-17-2015, 01:53 AM
Still some rooms on our group contract left.Over 30 Spyders registered,so if you are sitting on the fence book it before our contract runs out.

I have a Question, Will there be any Spyderlovers the 7th 8th and 9th, and will Lamonster be there Both weekends?

Thanks Midnightbreeze

Ivorspyder
01-17-2015, 02:34 PM
I have a Question, Will there be any Spyderlovers the 7th 8th and 9th, and will Lamonster be there Both weekends?

Thanks Midnightbreeze
I cannot answer for lamonster.He is normally there for the duration of bikeweek and you can usually find him at the BRP stand.Spyders will be coming in and out of bikeweek all the days so there may be a few at the hotel at any one time but the big influx is that 2nd weekend.

midnightbreeze50
01-18-2015, 02:19 AM
I cannot answer for lamonster.He is normally there for the duration of bikeweek and you can usually find him at the BRP stand.Spyders will be coming in and out of bikeweek all the days so there may be a few at the hotel at any one time but the big influx is that 2nd weekend.

Thankyou, I'll be coming from Ga. with 2 of my friends, they ride 2 wheelers, but thats OK, We came last year the first weekend , I can just imagine the motorcycles the 2nd weekend, maybe next year I can plan for the 2nd weekend, we have already booked a hotel for the first weekend this year. Yall have a GOOD time!!

Midnightbreeze:yes::yes::yes:

lenlis
01-18-2015, 01:48 PM
any information on Daytona beach where Spyder "central" might be?
we will probably be arriving 6 mar 15

My best half and i are heading to Daytona for bike week.

This will be our first trip on the Spyder to daytona.

so where will all the spyder's be?

I read the gentleman's first comment which is towards the end of bike week --
anything on the front end?

thanks in advance

lenlis
01-18-2015, 02:03 PM
also-- anyone riding from the mid atlantic state region?

thanks

Ivorspyder
01-18-2015, 02:31 PM
any information on Daytona beach where Spyder "central" might be?

we will probably be arriving 6 mar 15

My best half and i are heading to Daytona for bike week.

This will be our first trip on the Spyder to daytona.

so where will all the spyder's be?

I read the gentleman's first comment which is towards the end of bike week --
anything on the front end?

thanks in advance

The main action for Spyders is 12-15 March8.see post 1 on this thread for details.
BRP will be there for the full duration of Bikeweeki.

lenlis
01-18-2015, 03:55 PM
yes sir- i see the hotel, i see lamonster but where (like a grid coordinate or intersection or physical venue does BRP actually hang thier "hat"?
thanks

Ivorspyder
01-18-2015, 07:52 PM
yes sir- i see the hotel, i see lamonster but where (like a grid coordinate or intersection or physical venue does BRP actually hang thier "hat"?
thanks
They have a big exhibit by the Racetrack.A big trailer,lots of Spyders to do test rides,tables chairs for their clients to relax in.Lamontster is usually on hand as well as other Ambassadors.
On the last Saturday the have Owners Appreciation Day when a hundred or more Spyder Owners show up a good meal is served and a gratis few laps round the famous Daytona NASCAR Race track.You register for this usually when they are ready for it its posted on this website.
Hope this answers your queries.

lenlis
01-18-2015, 07:57 PM
yes sir it does - thanks

Buggy
01-18-2015, 09:01 PM
I"ll be taking a day ride over for some fun and cheer!

I2BZ2W8
01-19-2015, 11:49 AM
also-- anyone riding from the mid atlantic state region?

thanks Hi there are a few folks leaving from the MD/VA area...at different times and going different places before Bike Week.

I2BZ2W8
01-19-2015, 11:52 AM
My room is booked and Im looking forward to it. Coming down from VA will go down to Key West and then stop at Daytona Beach on my way back up!

beuti
01-19-2015, 02:04 PM
Thanks Ivor, for those who don't normally come to Daytona or have never been it is one that you should try and make. Daytona has become a favorite of mine, the weather is perfect this time of the year, the beach ride and plenty of bike and event stuff to do or simply out for a nice ride and there is plenty of nice rides around this area. We usually do a traditional night ride through Tomoka park that ends up in a very secluded section of a beach north of Daytona where you can gaze at the stars with the beach in the background. Spectacular ride with good fellowship makes Daytona a memorable event.

Anyway enough of me rambling on, if anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me, Ivor thanks for booking the rooms. I know it is tough nowadays to get a descent room for these high profile events. This hotel is nice because it is away from all the noise and there is good restaurants within minutes without the 2 hr wait. Hope to see many of you there.

Reggy
Hi I would like to know if I have accessories that I want installed can I being them with me and find vendors who will install while we wait?

Ivorspyder
01-19-2015, 02:49 PM
Hi I would like to know if I have accessories that I want installed can I being them with me and find vendors who will install while we wait?
I very much doubt that I have never heard of anyone doing that.All the vendors are interested in selling.Big vendors like Kuryakin who do installs for stuff you buy there and charge you might do it if were their product.

hillybillyheaven
01-20-2015, 10:48 AM

what accessories do you have ? We are headed to DB for Destination Spyder in Edgewater and I know they have vendors there that should install what ever you bought..their website says they do tire installs and oil changes they should be able to help you or you may even find the vendor you bought stuff from...

wengerda
01-20-2015, 11:39 AM
The problem with the autotrain, from Lorton, VA to Sanford, FL will cost you and your bike approximately $600 round trip. Ouch!

Reggy

Ivorspyder
01-20-2015, 11:59 AM
what accessories do you have ? We are headed to DB for Destination Spyder in Edgewater and I know they have vendors there that should install what ever you bought..their website says they do tire installs and oil changes they should be able to help you or you may even find the vendor you bought stuff from...

I dont do accessories I merely contract the hotel for Spyderlovers for the the past few years and go as well to enjoy bikeweek to enjoy it.There are dozens of good Spyder vendors advertising on this forum.call them or go to their websites and see if they are showing.You can then visit the vendors who are at bikeweek.There are literally hundred of Vendors all over Daytona selling every conceivable thing.
As far as Destination Spyder is concerned i have been there a few times.I know they do Laser alignments to the Spyder as well as have a barbecue and a few vendors there..I have never seen them do oil changes or tire changes and did not know they even did this so fcourse they must if they say so but you can go to any good Spyder dealer for this.
As far as the Country Inn &Suites is concerned the biggest collection of Spyders which is most of the rooms in the hotel are staying there and who will venture out all over Daytona looking at various things.You will see many Spyders all over Daytona as their are literally hundreds of Spyder owners who live locally. Owners Appreciation day the last Saturday of Bikeweek when most Spyder Owners attend at the BRP stand.

robtdonna
01-20-2015, 10:14 PM
Currently at our winter house in Central Florida, planning on making the trip on the 15th ! :yes:

lenlis
01-21-2015, 07:25 AM
MOBEY,

Which BK chapter do you belong to?

lenlis

Ivorspyder
01-27-2015, 08:03 AM
To book call the hotel 386-760-0101 (tel:386-760-0101) and quote the Sunbird Spyder group to secure this rate.The rate is approx $90.00 per nt cheaper than the rack rate so is a very fair deal for bikeweek.
The hotel yesterday called and requested we release any rooms left for Bikeweek as bikers from all over are trying to book at full rates.I agreed to keep 10 rooms for 1 more week for the last weekend Thursday,Fri&Sat.We have the most Spyders ever booked for this Bikeweek so if you haven't already call the hotel and reserve at the discounted rate.Quote Sunbird Spyder Group.
For all other dates we have released Ou inventory but should you want another date call the hotel quoting Sunbird Spyder group and should a room be available they will give it to you at the rate.

Ivorspyder
02-06-2015, 06:52 PM
The first weekend of Bikeweek is sold out.
For the 2nd weekend Thurs to Sunday there are a 3 rooms available until Mon when if not booked will revert back to the hotel as they have a waiting list
Should you still want to join us Call The Country Inn&Suites quoting The Sunbird Spyder Group.386-760-3101

MisterP
02-10-2015, 08:27 AM
I read that the Saturday Owner's event at Daytona required registration. I can't find anywhere on BRP or Facebook to do so.

Can anyone provide a direct link to the registration site?

I2BZ2W8
02-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Try this link - Don't miss your chance - register today: http://bit.ly/16FIacN

I read that the Saturday Owner's event at Daytona required registration. I can't find anywhere on BRP or Facebook to do so.

Can anyone provide a direct link to the registration site?

moe113097
02-10-2015, 03:35 PM
just signed up do we really get to ride the track ?

Cruzr Joe
02-10-2015, 03:41 PM
just signed up do we really get to ride the track ?

Yes, in moderation.

Cruzr Joe

moe113097
02-10-2015, 04:03 PM
what does that mean I can't drink first?

Cruzr Joe
02-10-2015, 04:13 PM
what does that mean I can't drink first?

or second.

Ivorspyder
02-10-2015, 07:58 PM
You get to ride the flat part of the track with many many others.its fun though.

moe113097
02-11-2015, 08:49 AM
i was hoping for the high bank turns but should be fun regardless

Ivorspyder
02-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Methinks your Nanny would come on and you would fall off.Those banks are a lot steeper than you think.

cjryder
02-15-2015, 09:52 AM
I decided to make Bikeweek this year. However, I wiil be on my Harley Road King. The main reason for making the trip will be to test ride a Spyder and learn as much as possible about the Can Am trikes. I want to ride an RT and the new F3. If things go well I plan to buy a new Spyder upon my return home. I am trailering from NE Ohio and will be staying in Palatka. (3/8 thru 3/15) I would very much like to meet up with some forum members. Again, I want to learn as much as possible about Spyders so I can I finalize my purchase. I am leaning towards the F3 but haven't totally ruled out an RT yet. Hope to see you there!
CJ

I2BZ2W8
02-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Hi Ivor....will there be any organized group rides?

Cruzr Joe
02-19-2015, 02:10 PM
I decided to make Bikeweek this year. However, I wiil be on my Harley Road King. The main reason for making the trip will be to test ride a Spyder and learn as much as possible about the Can Am trikes. I want to ride an RT and the new F3. If things go well I plan to buy a new Spyder upon my return home. I am trailering from NE Ohio and will be staying in Palatka. (3/8 thru 3/15) I would very much like to meet up with some forum members. Again, I want to learn as much as possible about Spyders so I can I finalize my purchase. I am leaning towards the F3 but haven't totally ruled out an RT yet. Hope to see you there!
CJ

Be sure to attend the BRP luncheon on 3/15 CORRECTION ......... It is Saturday the 14th. SORRY.

Cruzr Joe

Copperman
02-19-2015, 04:17 PM
Be sure to attend the BRP luncheon on 3/15

Cruzr Joe

Joe,

Did I read something different? Isn't it on Saturday, March 14th?

Cruzr Joe
02-19-2015, 05:02 PM
Joe,

Did I read something different? Isn't it on Saturday, March 14th?

Glad you caught that, it is Saturday the 14th.

A mind is a terrible thing to .............................. Where was I?

Cruzr Joe

Ivorspyder
03-03-2015, 02:09 PM
The hotel just advised me a few rooms have come available for the 12th,13th&14th March next weekend.Any Spyder Ryders out there who may still want to attend call the hotel direct Country Inn&Suites quoting Sunbird Spyder group.The group rate will apply for you.
here is a chance for any latecomers.

Ivorspyder
03-03-2015, 06:06 PM
The hotel just advised me a few rooms have come available for the 12th,13th&14th March next weekend.Any Spyder Ryders out there who may still want to attend call the hotel direct Country Inn&Suites quoting Sunbird Spyder group.The group rate will apply for you.
here is a chance for any latecomers.
Also some rooms for this coming weekend at the discounted price for Spyderlovers.
call386-760-0101 Quote Sunbird Spyder Group to get special discounted rate for Spyderlovers.
The 12th onwards the hotel is jammed full of Spyderlovers.Book a room and join in the fun!!!!!!

hellraiza
03-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Are there any tuners that specialize in spyders attending bike week this year? I was hoping to buy a power commander and get the bike dyno tuned while i'm there.

MouthPiece
03-05-2015, 07:02 AM
CJ

I'd highly recommend that you stop by and talk to Lamont. His tent will be at a different spot than the BRP pavilion (for lack of a better term). I guess the best way to describe where Lamont will be (if he is in the same place that he was at Biketoberfest) it will be the Northeast side of the racetrack where the vendors are. His tent will be about 50 to 100 yards up on the right. (correct me if I'm wrong on that Lamont). He has a wealth of information on all the spyders especially the F-3 in that he assisted in the design. He also will take the time to answer any and all questions that you have.

​Chris

Ivorspyder
03-06-2015, 03:41 PM
Country Inn &Suites full for this weekend.Still a couple of rooms available for 12th,13th &14th big Spyder weekend.Call hotel quoting Sunbird Spyder group if you decide you want to join the rest of the Spyder contingent.Tel 386-760-3101.

cjackg
03-07-2015, 11:59 AM
I'd highly recommend that you stop by and talk to Lamont. His tent will be at a different spot than the BRP pavilion (for lack of a better term). I guess the best way to describe where Lamont will be (if he is in the same place that he was at Biketoberfest) it will be the Northeast side of the racetrack where the vendors are. His tent will be about 50 to 100 yards up on the right. (correct me if I'm wrong on that Lamont). He has a wealth of information on all the spyders especially the F-3 in that he assisted in the design. He also will take the time to answer any and all questions that you have.

​Chris I was there all day yesterday (in the rain), opening day and never did find Lamont or Pitbull's tent.

I did manage to test ryde an F3 at the BRP tent. They are doing a great job and took us on a long circuit including some time on the Interstate as well as country and city streets... Great opportunity for anyone considering a Spyder!

PA__KB3BV
03-08-2015, 09:13 PM
I was there all day yesterday (in the rain), opening day and never did find Lamont or Pitbull's tent.

I did manage to test ryde an F3 at the BRP tent. They are doing a great job and took us on a long circuit including some time on the Interstate as well as country and city streets... Great opportunity for anyone considering a Spyder!
------------------------------
I was there Saturday and must be BLIND as Neither my wife nor I were able to Find BRP. One book we had indicated they were to be at B21 next to AAA booth and the people at the AAA booth said they never showed. Any advise on this and the meet that is to take place on the 12-14th. I read they had lunch but had to sign up and was limited to 200 and it is already full. http://www.usspyderryders.com/central-florida-events/2015/2/16/spyder-ryder-feast-march-14-2015

PMK
03-08-2015, 10:44 PM
On Saturday, I found Lamont and his F3 over in the demo area under the BRP Spyder tent. Did not seem to be much action over there with all the oems, then again it was kind of cold and windy.

His F3 looked real nice.

Did not see anything there from Pitbull Powersports. Honestly I was surprised that BRP did not have the crew there showing to much of the bikes. Maybe they were inside the trailer. A couple years ago when the demos were on the front of the Speedway, they had a pretty hopping setup going on. Maybe later this week.

PK

lenlis
03-16-2015, 03:40 PM
my wife and i went sunday 8 mar 15, to the speedway. Lamont had his tent there with 2 spyders.
we then trammed to the BRP area and they had a very short coned area to ride in. trailer set up.
nothing else available--not even a t shirt or hat... extremely disappointed in BRP.

Cruzr Joe
03-16-2015, 04:05 PM
my wife and i went sunday 8 mar 15, to the speedway. Lamont had his tent there with 2 spyders.
we then trammed to the BRP area and they had a very short coned area to ride in. trailer set up.
nothing else available--not even a t shirt or hat... extremely disappointed in BRP.

That small coned in area was to acclimate you to the Spyder before they took you on a very nice demo ride. Sorry you missed out on it. it was about a 30 minute ride.

Did you ask any of the BRP people there about a ride??

Cruzr Joe

hillybillyheaven
03-17-2015, 07:34 AM

I guess it wasn't even BRP there the boys I talked to said they where sub contractors....they where not even nice...poor showing for BRP

Ivorspyder
03-17-2015, 08:06 PM
The Country Inn &Suites was once again a great success with Spyderlovers.This was the most Spyders we have had for Bikeweek.
I am pleased to say that we have this contracted this hotel for Spyder Ryders at BikeOktoberfest in Oct of this year and again for Bikeweek 2016.

cjackg
03-17-2015, 08:08 PM
Spyders? or Slingshots?