PDA

View Full Version : Gatlinburg short video clips

dltang
09-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Here are a few short video clips that Rando took with his Flip video camera. It is a pretty cool little camera. I downloaded the videos to my laptop and just finished putting them on Youtube so I can share. I also have a longer one of The Tail of the Dragon from Brian's Hero Spyder mounted camera. I have to edit it first and then post it as they only allow for a 10 minute video on youtube. In the mean time here are a few clips to enjoy and I'll post more as I get them.
First day's ride meet up at Sugarland visitors center in Smoky Mountains National Park.
YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.
The lady in blue is Rando's wife, Bonnie
This is only about half of Lamonsters driveway.
Some shots from the early ride on Friday that a few of us took prior to the meet up for the Hillbilly ride. These have not been edited yet so excuse some of the shots.
Here are the last two videos we took. These were after the Can-Am BBQ and we decided to go back into the Park even through the rain. It was still a nice ride with beautiful scenery.

gjco
09-28-2008, 09:04 PM
It looks like you all had a great time. I hope to try to get to one of these next year.:thumbup:

dltang
09-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Here is one more, our edited video of The Tail of the Dragon ride

one2doo
09-28-2008, 10:35 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: Looks good. Enjoyed meeting you!

SpyderRider2492
09-29-2008, 01:40 AM
Thanks for posting these picture it sure looked great, however I did notice on clip 'Pre-Hillbiily ride #2' just after you made the left hand turn ( and I was not going to mention doing what we call here in CA, a California stop ) if you look hard just after the turn there appears to be a big green Elephant in the field, no thats also something to talk about..............

Glad all went well and you all had a great time, hopefully I will vebture out more next year to the 'other side of the US oa A'

bjt
09-29-2008, 07:42 AM
( and I was not going to mention doing what we call here in CA, a California stop )

I hear you but if everyone stops, looks both ways, then turns, the group gets so spread out and if our guide turned down a side road, someone would get lost. On those back roads, we rarely came across other traffic so a cautious rolling stop kept us together pretty well.
p.s. A GPS didn't always work real well in that area. Sometimes it caused more confusion than just trying to follow street signs (if there were any).

SpyderRider2492
09-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Agreed in full :2thumbs: I do this too.