PDA

View Full Version : New Forum member...hopefully a future Spyder owner too!

Sabusan
08-03-2014, 09:52 PM
:2thumbs: That's two thumbs up to all the great people, posts and info on this website.
Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum and my recent burning desire for all things Spyder....
Around three or four months ago a Spyder passes me on a CA highway....the following day I'm visiting a Can-Am dealer.:yes::yes: I was bitten by the bug.....

Since that day. I have been consuming a lot of time with research, reading specs and visiting dealers, I think the 2014 RTS SE6 is the right model for the Mrs. and me....will probably wait until the 2015's launch....since I can't get the Spyder until the new kitchen remodel is done first!!;)

So, in the meantime I'm reading everything Spyder related....downloaded the manuals and bookmarked everything that will help me be an educated owner and responsible rider. I just hit the big 6-0 in July and I think this Spyder crisis will be better than a boat or anything else at this stage. Yet, the only bike I have ever owned was a new Kawasaki 600 Ninja back in the early 90's...walked into a dealer and a friendly wager and bought the red "crotch rocket" right off the floor with no riding experience...self-taught myself to ride and always enjoyed the wind in my face....only had the bike one summer but we shared safe miles and fond memories....it was an ego thing, I think....so fast, made you feel like a Top Gun pilot...ha!

I figure the Spyder will keep me young and let the Mrs. and me enjoy the ride and the scenery from a much safer position than a two-wheeler these days....

Looking forward to becoming a Spyder owner by next spring at the latest....yet, I will continue to learn from all you great folks until the day comes that I take delivery.....until then.....

Safe travels to all,
Rick
(Sabusan)

Big Arm
08-03-2014, 10:01 PM
:welcome: You'll love it

ChasCS
08-03-2014, 10:10 PM
Welcome to the family. Yes, you are in for some fun and exciting memorable times ryding.
While reading your introduction, I kept saying "me too"... Even down to the Kawasaki Ninja.
Even though I have an RS-S, everything else is the same.
Funny how very similar our stories are written. Almost eery... ;-)
I am even the same age as you, very strange indeed.

Well have fun, and enjoy the new ride. Hopefully she will too.
Post pics, when you get 'er home.

Chas

Chupaca
08-03-2014, 11:16 PM
glad you are joining us in advance. If you go to the forums..general discussion..Do's and Do not's you can get a wealth of information for when you have your roadster..it won't be long but feel like forever...:roflblack:

2dogs
08-04-2014, 01:49 AM
I just bought one. I upgraded my Dyna Lowrider to a 2014 RTS-SE6. After 55+ years on two wheels, I have to go with three wheels now if I’mto keep on going. First, we test rode the Harley trike and my wife didn’t likeit at all, too rough ridding and too tall. We took a Spyder for a spin and I liked the ride and my wife felt comfortable and safe, so guess what? Tomorrow I begin a new life on 3 wheels. I think my first optional purchase will be an RPM-1 four-yearextended warrantee.
:yes:

GloryRyders
08-04-2014, 05:50 AM
:welcome:..............happy shopping, let us know when you "bite the bullet".:yes:

vided
08-04-2014, 06:27 AM
:yes::yes::yes: to you both

Bob Denman
08-04-2014, 06:40 AM
:welcome: to BOTH of our new members... :D

ChasCS
08-04-2014, 10:46 AM
I just bought one. I upgraded my Dyna Lowrider to a 2014 RTS-SE6. After 55+ years on two wheels, I have to go with three wheels now if I’mto keep on going. First, we test rode the Harley trike and my wife didn’t likeit at all, too rough ridding and too tall. We took a Spyder for a spin and I liked the ride and my wife felt comfortable and safe, so guess what? Tomorrow I begin a new life on 3 wheels. I think my first optional purchase will be an RPM-1 four-yearextended warrantee.

Welcome to the forum and Spyder family, and congratulations on your fine choice.
Looking forward to seeing the pics you share with us, in the very near future. ;-)

Ride safe, and long...

Chas

PrairieSpyder
08-04-2014, 10:57 AM
:2thumbs: That's two thumbs up to all the great people, posts and info on this website.
Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum and my recent burning desire for all things Spyder....
Around three or four months ago a Spyder passes me on a CA highway....the following day I'm visiting a Can-Am dealer.:yes::yes: I was bitten by the bug.....

Since that day. I have been consuming a lot of time with research, reading specs and visiting dealers, I think the 2014 RTS SE6 is the right model for the Mrs. and me....will probably wait until the 2015's launch....since I can't get the Spyder until the new kitchen remodel is done first!!;)

So, in the meantime I'm reading everything Spyder related....downloaded the manuals and bookmarked everything that will help me be an educated owner and responsible rider. I just hit the big 6-0 in July and I think this Spyder crisis will be better than a boat or anything else at this stage. Yet, the only bike I have ever owned was a new Kawasaki 600 Ninja back in the early 90's...walked into a dealer and a friendly wager and bought the red "crotch rocket" right off the floor with no riding experience...self-taught myself to ride and always enjoyed the wind in my face....only had the bike one summer but we shared safe miles and fond memories....it was an ego thing, I think....so fast, made you feel like a Top Gun pilot...ha!

I figure the Spyder will keep me young and let the Mrs. and me enjoy the ride and the scenery from a much safer position than a two-wheeler these days....

Looking forward to becoming a Spyder owner by next spring at the latest....yet, I will continue to learn from all you great folks until the day comes that I take delivery.....until then.....

Safe travels to all,
Rick
(Sabusan)

:welcome: I can't wait to read your story when you get your machine.

PrairieSpyder
08-04-2014, 10:59 AM

:welcome: I'm glad you joined us. Don't forget to post some pics!!

jerpinoy
08-04-2014, 11:01 AM
:welcome: and this is the best place and most respected people, helpful, professional, well like, funny, joker, opinionated, ex wingers, ex HD riders,or ex two wheel riders, young and mostly only over 40 years old.:roflblack:

ARtraveler
08-04-2014, 02:01 PM
:welcome: x 2 :yes::yes::yes: