PDA

View Full Version : Utopia Back rest on Ultimate seat ?

Magdave
08-03-2014, 09:51 AM
I seem to remember it being mentioned that there is a way to use a Utopia Backrest on an Ultimate seat. Has anyone done this? The Ultimate Backrest is OK but hits me in the wrong spot and has no height adjustment. IIRC someone said Ultimate sells a bracket that will allow you to use the Utopia. I like the idea of having 2 rests to alternate if desired. Can anyone confirm this? I know I could modify the Ultimate bracket but would rather not because it would make my Ultimate rest useless. Thanks for any info. :thumbup:

Spacetrucker
08-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Yes just order backrest only,will fit the post on the ultimate seat. But Mack shure you have the ultimate post first the the top will fit it. Bigger back rest now. Also you can get the taller post from them 10" tall post.

Spacetrucker
08-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Pm me your email and will send pics on it fits.. I have them both!

Magdave
08-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Yes just order backrest only,will fit the post on the ultimate seat. But Mack shure you have the ultimate post first the the top will fit it. Bigger back rest now. Also you can get the taller post from them 10" tall post.

I have the Ultimate BR but it sits a hair too high I was hoping to get a post that is adjustable. I emailed Des and got a reply to call them tomorrow. At the least I will need and extra post because I want to be able to hot swap them but I suppose the Utopia is taller and will sit lower too closer to the seat right?

Got some pics?

Spacetrucker
08-03-2014, 04:37 PM
With the stock one short it will sit low, with the tall post it will just right above hips lower back. No adj rode they don't have. Not up or down just the short and tall bar? But ask if they make you a adj rode for it? I just use the both tall and small with utopia harly back rest......on my 2014 rts