PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have LED Accent Under Body Lighting?? Is there a kit?

Dikicep9
08-02-2014, 08:18 PM
I do a lot of riding at night (it's cooler down here in Georgia then), does anyone have LED Accent Under Body Lighting on their Spyder? I'm looking at accent lighting on the Custom Dynamics website and I'm a little lost as to exactly what I need. Do I need a kit? Do I need only a few in the front, center and back of my ride?

revjvegas
08-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Once you get started, what you're really going to need is a 12 step program.

Hi, my name is " " and I have an LED addiction.

But if you still want to venture into this crack, then I would recommend as a start that you'll need about two strips for the left/right of the frunk. Two strips left/right about where your foot pegs are. Two strips for the left/right under the luggage by the back tire. And perhaps even two more strips left/right under the a-arms or just behind them. Each strip about 6 inches long or so.

That's just your start. You can then go just about as crazy as you want of course, but that should get you a nice glow to start with.

I've gotten LED's from Custom Dynamics, TricLed, Joe Florida, Amazon, and SuperBrightLEDs.

Hang on and I'm sure Phil might pop in on this too. He's pretty much a master and probably the leader of the LED's Addict Anonymous group. :D

Wiredux
08-02-2014, 09:03 PM
I have some 1ft, 3ft as well as 6ft strips. What color are you looking for?

samewok
08-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Tricled has a kit. I have it on my Rt.

Dikicep9
08-02-2014, 09:46 PM
I have some 1ft, 3ft as well as 6ft strips. What color are you looking for?

My ride is red, but I'd love just about any color. My bike is lit up like a Christmas Tree already, but all I need now are the under body accent lights which would be the icing on the cake. I'm a little afraid to get started with it, because I'm one of those people who think MORE is always better, so who knows how it will end.

ChasCS
08-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Once you get started, what you're really going to need is a 12 step program.

Hi, my name is " " and I have an LED addiction.

But if you still want to venture into this crack, then I would recommend as a start that you'll need about two strips for the left/right of the frunk. Two strips left/right about where your foot pegs are. Two strips for the left/right under the luggage by the back tire. And perhaps even two more strips left/right under the a-arms or just behind them. Each strip about 6 inches long or so.

That's just your start. You can then go just about as crazy as you want of course, but that should get you a nice glow to start with.

I've gotten LED's from Custom Dynamics, TricLed, Joe Florida, Amazon, and SuperBrightLEDs.

Hang on and I'm sure Phil might pop in on this too. He's pretty much a master and probably the leader of the LED's Addict Anonymous group. :D

Did you mean 12 volt program? Hahaha

You light up my life, well the night anyway!! ;-)

Chas

Cruzr Joe
08-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Wiredux (Dan) has some good options and he is a sponsor on this site.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
08-03-2014, 07:12 AM
:agree:
Dan,
Top Trunk interior lighting??? :dontknow:
Want sum! :D

Bob Denman
08-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Thanks! :thumbup:
...Back to waiting patiently... :D
:bbq::bbq::bbq:

murphybrown
08-03-2014, 09:59 AM
I do a lot of riding at night (it's cooler down here in Georgia then), does anyone have LED Accent Under Body Lighting on their Spyder? I'm looking at accent lighting on the Custom Dynamics website and I'm a little lost as to exactly what I need. Do I need a kit? Do I need only a few in the front, center and back of my ride?

Love my underbody from Reggy/TricLEDS. :thumbup:
(I personally will not deal with Custom Dynamics because of my experience with their poor customer service.):gaah:

Cruzr Joe
08-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Thanks! :thumbup:
...Back to waiting patiently... :D
:bbq::bbq::bbq:

Ummm .................. Bob ........................... You never waited patiently for anything!!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

Cruzr Joe

finless
08-03-2014, 12:51 PM
I just bought this on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-10-15-20-25-30M-IP65-5050-RGB-LED-Strip-2-4G-RGB-Remote-Adapter-Amplifier-/151311717751?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Now I am going to have at it!

Phil is helping by answering tech questions since he is in this business. He probably has one of the most LED tricked out RT's out there. I wont go that crazy but will use some of his ideas. See this thread here:

His 2014:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?70311-Phil-s-2014-(neww)-DARTH-Mods

His old 2012
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?24907-Phil-s-Mods

Bob

Davis
08-03-2014, 02:59 PM
What do you guys do when installing LED accent lighting to overcome Tupperware removal for maintenance?

I've got several LED strips sitting on my workbench for a few weeks while I debated on install.

I've settled on msc/weatherpack style connectors but my LEDs as well as most others on the market have ridiculously small 22 - 24 awg wire leads.

My latest idea is to solder these tiny stranded wires to a much larger 16 - 18 gauge wire so that it'll be easier to connect a quick disconnect style plug.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Davis.

*** Probably shouldn't have hijacked this thread, but I figured there were several eyes on it already. .. maybe I'll start a new thread if no one replies.

Wiredux
08-03-2014, 04:49 PM
did not mean to hi-jack the thread earlier. On the wifes ST-L I added 2 3ft purple with quick connects on them. Her ST only has 4 LED strips total.

Bob Denman
08-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Ummm .................. Bob ........................... You never waited patiently for anything!!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

:shocked: I'm getting better...
I no longer stand in front of the microwave; screaming, "Hurry Up!!" :gaah:

Dikicep9
08-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Love my underbody from Reggy/TricLEDS. :thumbup:
(I personally will not deal with Custom Dynamics because of my experience with their poor customer service.):gaah:

I love TricLED. They installed lights on my ride at Spyder Fest 2013, including an LED American Flag that everybody remarks on, and I've bought from them ever since. I love Custom Dynamics and have ordered from them as well, but haven't had problems, so far. I've been lucky with my choices up to this point. I'm really looking forward to under body lighting though, but I'm not sure how many I need or what kind.

Derhell
04-07-2019, 07:00 AM
Have you had any issues with wires showing in the a frame area?

bluewoo
04-07-2019, 01:04 PM
I did an 8 strip kit from amazon.
Remote control and power supplied from alternator +

AFBlue
04-08-2019, 11:05 AM
I was looking into LED lights for my truck a few years back and was told that it wasn't legal to run blue or red LEDs because emergency vehicles use those colors. Is there any truth to that? Any body have any experiences with that?

DGoebel
04-08-2019, 11:09 AM
Each state has different laws regarding auxiliary vehicle lighting, many do not approve them while moving, some allow them when parked, stopped, etc.

Big Juice
04-08-2019, 12:03 PM
Many states and law enforcement in general don't like the combination of red & blue lights on a vehicle that is being operated on the streets and highways. If nothing else, it gives them an excuse to pull you over, check you out, and delay your trip. And if you go from state to state, each one may be different...... So I personally stay away from red/blue lights on the front, and use white or orange/amber on front, and red for the back.

bluewoo
04-08-2019, 04:11 PM
Pa is really cool with it on motorcycles!

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/Legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&sessYr=2005&sessInd=0&billBody=H&billTyp=B&billNbr=0901&pn=3978

https://law.justia.com/codes/pennsylvania/2010/title-75/chapter-43/4310/

djh3
04-30-2024, 09:16 PM
Florida Statutes 316.2397 - Certain Lights Prohibited: Exceptions. "A person may not drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying a red, red and white, or blue light visible from directly in front thereof except for certain vehicles provided in this section." So the grill area might be out for blue lighting. But I would say along my side bars on the F3-L should be OK. :dontknow:

Woodaddict
04-30-2024, 09:24 PM
TricLed now has Chaser wheel light and underbody lights. I have them, many colors and light patterns

ollicat
05-03-2024, 12:25 PM
Florida Statutes 316.2397 - Certain Lights Prohibited: Exceptions. "A person may not drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying a red, red and white, or blue light visible from directly in front thereof except for certain vehicles provided in this section." So the grill area might be out for blue lighting. But I would say along my side bars on the F3-L should be OK. :dontknow:

I have a hard time believing that ANYONE would ever get pulled over for this unless it was truly obnoxious or the driver was doing something else illegal. But maybe I am wrong. I just see so many other driving offenses in Florida that are overlooked that I doubt this one would ever be enforced on a Spyder.

ZiggyF
05-03-2024, 02:38 PM
I bought a 12 pc kit made by Dark Eagle on Amazon. I ran them straight down the middle on the center brace & 2 on the steering arms on the front wheels. I normally run them on white which has a light blue tint. Pretty easy to do.

Here they are in blue but I was parked in a lot. Guys in my area have been stopped for running blue lights.

GS1
05-03-2024, 02:53 PM
once you start