PDA

View Full Version : Rear Trunk gas shock question

bgame
08-01-2014, 12:12 PM
On my 2014 I have to lift the truck lid by hand. Will not spring open when I unlatch it. Just wondering if this is normal. Would like for it open when I release the latch. Stays open after I lift it but it does not seem to have much air pressure in the shock... Already replaced the seat shock and it works a lot better than the factory one...

Bob Denman
08-01-2014, 12:30 PM
They're not designed to spring open; it's functioning exactly as designed.

bgame
08-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Thanks....

Bob Denman
08-01-2014, 01:14 PM
:thumbup:
Now... That's not to say that you can't find a way to add a spring (and some preload!), to your setup! :D

cbell1
08-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Sounds normal to me. My '14 RT trunk lid will pop when I pull the latch but then I lift it to full open where it stays until I close it.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-10-2014, 12:01 AM
On my 2014 I have to lift the truck lid by hand. Will not spring open when I unlatch it. Just wondering if this is normal. Would like for it open when I release the latch. Stays open after I lift it but it does not seem to have much air pressure in the shock... Already replaced the seat shock and it works a lot better than the factory one...
:agree:....McMasterCarr.com has a very large selection of gas shocks. ...Different sizes plus different pressures for lifting / opening etc.............Mikeguyver :thumbup: