PDA

View Full Version : How long to get a title from Sheffield?

IndyRSS
08-01-2014, 09:38 AM
I bought my Can Am used and the previous owner had a lien with Sheffield. I purchased the bike on July 11th - and he sent me a note Monday that they are telling him another 3 weeks unless he wants to pay a fee to get it earlier. Does that sound realistic?

Bob Denman
08-01-2014, 09:41 AM
:shocked:
Here's a number for Sheffield:
1 800 438 8892
Give them a call.
Godd Luck! :thumbup:

smcconnel
08-01-2014, 09:44 AM
It can in some states. If you have on you (and accidently get stopped for ??) a bill of sale, the current registration and insurance (if required) then you should be ok.

Normally when I have purchased something like this, i (or the seller) sent in the portion that has the "Report of Sale" and within a few weeks get a cleared titled. What might be holding up the process is the DMV having to contact Schefield to make sure they can remove the lien.

Just keep all the paperwork with you and all should be fine.

ARCTIC
08-01-2014, 10:02 AM
It can in some states. If you have on you (and accidently get stopped for ??) a bill of sale, the current registration and insurance (if required) then you should be ok.

Normally when I have purchased something like this, i (or the seller) sent in the portion that has the "Report of Sale" and within a few weeks get a cleared titled. What might be holding up the process is the DMV having to contact Schefield to make sure they can remove the lien.

Just keep all the paperwork with you and all should be fine.

I paid a vehicle off with Sheffield on the 6th of July and I just received a letter from them yesterday informing me that it was paid and they they'll be sending the title to the court house to have the lien released. So it sounds like it's possible to take the amount of time you're dealing with

ARtraveler
08-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Some of the title stuff can take a long time. I dealt with a local credit union on some of my :spyder2: purchases. It always took a month for me to get the title once I paid the loan off--and they are in the neighborhood.

Chupaca
08-01-2014, 02:33 PM
a couple of weeks after pay off. About the same when cash purchase dealing with the dmv...:thumbup:

Woodsrider
08-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Bought my :spyder2: end of May. Buddy I bought it from just got the title in his hands Wednesday.

Frank G
08-01-2014, 03:04 PM
In Ohio they (Sheffield) do not send a title, you have to go to the DMV and purchase:hun: a clean title after they (Sheffield) electronically release it.

Kratos
08-01-2014, 03:10 PM
I've paid off many vehicles with Sheffield. I've seen it take 6 weeks to get the title. So your seller is not lying to you on the time.

bruiser
08-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Paid cash for the first Spyder. Took 4 weeks to get the title from state DMV.

Macca
08-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Received mine 2 weeks after payoff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Spyder4Tess
08-03-2014, 08:41 AM
We waited 5 weeks for the previous owner to get the title from Sheffield.

ARCTIC
08-05-2014, 09:31 AM
I paid a vehicle off with Sheffield on the 6th of July and I just received a letter from them yesterday informing me that it was paid and they they'll be sending the title to the court house to have the lien released. So it sounds like it's possible to take the amount of time you're dealing with

Received my title yesterday. Took around 30 days to complete

shoes8
08-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Traded a bike into Cowtown that was financed at Sheffield...it took seven and half weeks for them to get it....kind of ticked off Cowtown because the bike had to sit so long... so the seller probably is telling you the truth.