PDA

View Full Version : Oil, Air and transmission filters

ValleyRider
08-01-2014, 08:42 AM
I have used K & N air filter in my Power Stroke P/U's. I was wondering if anyone has any experience using K & N air, oil or transmission filters. Was is necessary to make any adjustments to the Spyder? Did these filters help? I have a 2012 RT Limited and was looking at replacing the OEM's with these.

Thanks for any replies

ValleyRyder

jerpinoy
08-01-2014, 01:11 PM
It's a good choice if they are available.

Flanker
08-01-2014, 04:57 PM
In my sig.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-01-2014, 05:11 PM
:agree:....Check with a site sponsor .....BAJARON ......on the Home page ..........Mikeguyver :thumbup:

Chupaca
08-01-2014, 07:03 PM
switch to K&N's. They do make a difference but not adjustments are needed. As far as oil filters have not tried theirs. Still run the stock ones that come with the oil change kits from brp...:thumbup:

jcthorne
08-02-2014, 06:46 AM
I am not a fan nor do I recommend the K&N air filters. I have seen the damage done from the dirt that passes right through. And the 'performance improvment' is slim to none on most production engines, like in your spyder.

If you want better air flow, without the dirt, suggest looking into JTs air filter kit. Lots of benefits and it flows very well. Includes a quality disposable element filter with considerable more surface area than the stock panel.