PDA

View Full Version : first weekender 2-up

enigmatic biker
07-31-2014, 02:06 PM
This is the first weekend getaway on the Spyder. I just got back from a national rally in S. Dakota for Honda's ST1300 and NT700 a few weeks back, but my wife has not done much touring on a bike (2 or 3 wheels) riding 2-up, so this little 260 mile round-tripper is a big deal for her.

If anyone wants to meet up...We are leaving tomorrow before it gets too hot and taking US 195 from Spokane to Colfax, then cutting over on WA 26 to Dusty, then south on WA 127 to US 12 on to Dayton, WA

Why Dayton you ask? I'ts a fairly artsy little town on the edge of the Blue Mountains with galleries, museums and an artisan mini-mall of 25-30 different kiosks. There are some fantastic restaurants, day trips to Palouse Falls, Lewiston/Clarkston, Pullman/Moscow and Walla Walla wine country.

They just built a new Best Western that is uber-modern with all the amenities in addition to some less expensive and quaint motels.

Len

Chupaca
07-31-2014, 03:37 PM
trip..be safe and hope this a great experience for both...:2thumbs: Pic's if you take them....:thumbup:

ARtraveler
07-31-2014, 03:39 PM
:congrats: Enjoy your trip and "be careful out there." :yes:

Showie
07-31-2014, 10:16 PM
Sounds fun! Thanks for idea for wife and me. Haven't been to Dayton in some time. Don't know if you know but there is a fairly active Spyder Riders club (35+ members and ass.) in Spokane. Going to have rides to Ainsworth Hot Springs in BC the middle of August and later in month a ride to Coulee Dam to view light show. We have at least 1 day ride a month. Just notify/message me here if you would like to have more info or to come to monthly meeting.