PDA

View Full Version : Viet Nam claims another Vet

bruiser
07-29-2014, 08:52 PM
Just learned my good friend and working partner passed away an hour ago. He had been battling cancer for a little over a year now. His cancer was the result of agent orange exposure in Viet Nam. Geoff was NCOIC of Phase Docks and I was his assistant, later becoming NCOIC myself. We were also neighbors for several years. We had a bad time, as friends are wont to do. We took care of our differences. He was a wood worker in his spare time and made some of the finest furniture, frames and shadow boxes around. Out of respect for his wishes, I didn't visit him these last few months. It's been a bad year, four good friends gone.

Geoff, I raise a glass to you my friend. We had some good times and some not so good. You carry many stories and confidences with you. Rest assured those confidences will remain with me. Stand Down Brother, we have the watch.

Chupaca
07-30-2014, 01:02 AM
Sorry to hear...:pray:'s To you both...

sddinnh
07-30-2014, 05:26 AM
There are no words I can say to express my feelings this morning when I read this. Peace to both of you brother :pray:

Eagle1
07-30-2014, 06:28 AM
Nice post. I lost my brother to cancer at 55.
He did two tours of Vietnam, battling many demons.

Dan McNally
07-30-2014, 08:33 AM
My prayers for him, his family, and his friends . . . it is always sad when a friend flies west . . .

Oldmanzues
07-30-2014, 08:51 AM
Add my good thoughts for you both. War impacts body, mind and soul. The question for many VN vets is, when were you in VN last? For too many, the answer is last night. Agent Orange is a real thing and just of the memories.
The Sand box wars have their own set of lousy factors, just not a real set of names yet. PTSD is for all wars.
Riding with the Patriot Guard has been a plus in a lot of ways, but horrible reminders for me, when the Funeral is a VN . It is all the same for all all vets.
Freedom is not free. It has been earned by the blood of Americans.
Oldmanzues
28 years USAF
TET 68 VN

ThreeFeet
07-30-2014, 08:52 AM
I am so Sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace. He deserves the rest and the peace. And THANK YOU for your service. May YOUR demons be put to death as his are now. :pray: for you and for his family.

Bob Denman
07-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Prayers going out for his family... :pray:

...and yours! :pray:

grumpybob
07-30-2014, 01:56 PM
Prayers to his family & all his friends, including you. Seems to be happening more often now. To many good guys being lost to that dam war!!

ARtraveler
07-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Thought and :pray::pray: go to both you and the family.

:cheers: to your friends memory.

dtkennney
07-30-2014, 06:58 PM
A nice tribute to your friend.

jerpinoy
07-30-2014, 07:34 PM
God Bless his soul and we thanks him for his service.

Flanker
08-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Very sorry to hear of his passing! I lost three relatives in late 11 and early 12.......................it definitely sucks, and even worse when their close together like that. Hang in their, Bro!