PDA

View Full Version : 2013 RTS Horn install..

outlawsix
07-29-2014, 02:08 PM
As those with 2013 RTS know we don't have the luxury of mounting the Bad Boy Horns as others have. Too much shoe horned under the cowling. So after almost getting ran over , a few times, got sick and tired of no one hearing my factory horn. So this is what i bought http://www.wolo-mfg.com/400-big.jpg

The compressor i mounted on the upper left side, same as other folks have mounted their bad boy horns. Difference is since the trumpets aren't attached, it is very sleek and fit fine. I then pulled the bottom plate from under my frunk. I had enough room to slide a trumpet on both sides. I purchased extra tubing 10' of it, from local Home Depot. I plugged the wires from the factory horn, straight into the horn. Plumbed the tubing down to both trumpets, ensuring equal lengths of tubing goes to each for even air distribution. In order to mount the trumpets I did drill a hole on each side of my frunk. On the outside, and inside that contacted the walls I used Fender washers and applied liberal does of Silicon 3 out of a squeeze tube. Bolted it all up, and pressed the trigger. Lets just say if someone cant hear me now, then they are def!

Where the trumpets come out they are protected by the outer frunk body and on the bottom by the skid plate. Hopefully the pics attach. Im sure im not the first to do this but for those out there with 2013 RT you don't need to suffer with the wimpy factory horn any longer!