PDA

View Full Version : mounting a givi v46 top case

troyboy
07-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Guy and Gals i just picked up a used givi v46 top case and would like to know of any idea's that you may have on mounting it to a 2008 gs. I would like to be able to take it off when not traveling any great distance, I was thinking maybe buying a BRP sport rack to mount it to but they are pretty exspensive. I did also get hold of some used v35 saddlebags and the monokey givi brackets if that helps with idea's on mounting the v46. I called Givi USA and they just have not got back to me yet. Thanks for any help Troy.

oldgoat
07-29-2014, 12:53 PM
I think this is what you need if you already have the Givi side frames for the V35 sidecases.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-Spyder-Roadster-Givi-SRX999-top-case-mounting-kit-to-use-with-V35-side-/231012890323?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c970f6d3&vxp=mtr

oldgoat
08-04-2014, 09:50 AM
I have a lot more info I could give you but as you never responded I guess you solved the problem yourself.

That was my polite reply!

I really do wish people who come on here seeking info would have the good manners to reply if someone goes to the trouble of looking up & posting relevant info.

ChasCS
08-04-2014, 12:15 PM
I got used to that a long time ago. If you want to help others, do it freely, without expectation of any thanks. This is why, I make it a point to thank others who show me a kindness, not taking anything for granted, if I can help it.
Thanks for reminding us all to be more thankful... Well done!!

Chas

oldgoat
08-04-2014, 01:21 PM
I got used to that a long time ago. If you want to help others, do it freely, without expectation of any thanks. This is why, I make it a point to thank others who show me a kindness, not taking anything for granted, if I can help it.
Thanks for reminding us all to be more thankful... Well done!!

Chas

Yes, but it does rankle somewhat. I'm 75 & have a wealth of experience to share but am hesitant to get involved anymore.

ChasCS
08-04-2014, 01:36 PM
Why not let the younger folks have the knowledge? They can use it to a much better advantage than we. Being a mentor is only a positive experience. To heck with getting thanked.

Hope for the best, but expect much less... Is my feelings.
Only 60 here, so I may change my thinking down the road. But for now, be generous to a fault.

You can't take it with you, so leave it behind with your blessings.

And perhaps one of those young bow hunters I help learn the wilds, will leave me a steak or back strap one day... Hint hint. ;-)

Chas