PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors

Benggolf
07-28-2014, 11:29 PM
Has anyone installed a set on BRP #219400413 Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors?
Am considering one and wish if I can get any feedback from those who have installed them on their RT.
Thanks.

http://store.spyder.brp.com/products/769524/SPYDER_RT (http://store.spyder.brp.com/products/769524/SPYDER_RT)

sddinnh
07-29-2014, 05:07 AM
I have them on mine and although they help, they are not the end all for getting good air into the cockpit. If you really want good airflow put on Baker built wings. I don't because I hate how they look, so for me the BRP ones are as far as I want to go. It's a compromise, but ........

Bob Denman
07-29-2014, 07:27 AM
I've had them on two bikes now...
they offer a much more integrated look; but the Bakers DO move more air around for you...
Your money; your call... :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF2UrYSDb3k

viperryder
07-29-2014, 07:55 AM
I had them on my 2011 RT-S and took them off when I traded for a 2014 RT-S. Put them on the new Spyder. I think they work very good.

Jim&Teresa
07-29-2014, 08:00 AM
I had them on my 2011 RT-S and took them off when I traded for a 2014 RT-S. Put them on the new Spyder. I think they work very good.
:agree: I have them on my 2014 RT and they work well. I am sure you can add Baker's for additional air flow, but the BRP adjustable air wings do what I need them to. If I rode all the time in very hot climates, would consider adding more air wings.....

MarkLawson
07-29-2014, 08:13 AM
I have them on mine and although they help, they are not the end all for getting good air into the cockpit. If you really want good airflow put on Baker built wings. I don't because I hate how they look, so for me the BRP ones are as far as I want to go. It's a compromise, but ........

Word for word, my answer exactly.

Cruzr Joe
07-29-2014, 09:15 AM

:agree:, they are worth the money and work well for me and my passenger. I don't care for the look of the Baker wings but everyone has their own style.

Cruzr Joe

bluestratos
07-29-2014, 09:26 AM
Honestly I feel little or no difference in air flow at the seat no matter what position I set them at. If they sold for $20 I would say why not but at the price they go for they are only for show and not worth the money in my experience.

Bob Denman
07-29-2014, 09:31 AM
"Each to their own notion", said the old woman, as she kissed the cow... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_39v.gif

PW2013STL
07-29-2014, 12:13 PM
I have them and they do move some air, but for the best air flow My vented windscreen from F4 puts a nice stream of air around the head area that doesn't create any buffeting. The combo worked great when we were tooling around Utah and the average highs were 104.

PrairieSpyder
07-29-2014, 12:25 PM

:agree:

Gray Ghost
07-29-2014, 01:45 PM
I put on Baker air wings and they really helped, then after putting about 7000 miles on with them we added the adjustable wings, I recommend having both.

Benggolf
07-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Pulled the trigger today and got the BRP chrome adjustable side deflectors for our RTL.
Like others, I believe the Baker wings are more efficient but prefer the looks of the BRP ones.
Am happy how the deflectors "blend" with the body work. :thumbup:

jaherbst
07-29-2014, 06:56 PM

What he said.

ulflyer
07-30-2014, 05:44 AM
Mostly a wast of money. They do not put more air onto your upper body other than a little around the leg area, and even that is minor. I originally got them for the "11 in hopes of blowing more of the heat away, and now on the '14, they're mostly something to play with while riding. I should say, I don';t ride with a passenger and have no idea how or if the air flow affects the second seat.

I'd love to find some Baker type wings, small sized, to attach to the outer edge of the windshield in order to direct air onto my upper body. I'd guess something about 2-3 inches wide, 6 inches long would work.

MMcc
07-30-2014, 06:28 AM
Put them on my 2011 RTs. Seemed to help move air around the leg area and helped with cooling the tupperware in that area. Then I installed JTs air filter and the adjustable vents perform a different function. The two black vents under the mirrors now allow large amount of heat to escape from the engine area. The adjustable vents now direct that heat away in warm weather and towards me when it is cool outside.

CSW61
07-30-2014, 07:13 AM
My wife had Baker Wings on her 2010 RT for the heat coming up from motor. On 2014 RT Limited we put Baker Wings on it. We ride year round so in the winter she uses them to push cold air off her and in the summer she pushes air around her and her son. And she also uses them in the rain to help keep her dryer. She had them put at Spyderfest 2014 less than 2,000 miles on her Spyder and loves them.

:ohyea:

Marker
07-30-2014, 07:13 AM
they work well and as designed:thumbup: